BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1975967 - 11/13/14 02:23 PM The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
sorry, been watching too much of the local weather guys...we are at 41 degrees today, after being in the 70s the past week. you'd think that we've never had cold weather before based on the senseless panic being generated from the weather people.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1975971 - 11/13/14 02:26 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
sorry, been watching too much of the local weather guys...we are at 41 degrees today, after being in the 70s the past week. you'd think that we've never had cold weather before based on the senseless panic being generated from the weather people.

Well there is not more ebola in the us to panic people we need a new panic. smirk

CAMS

Return to Top
#1975975 - 11/13/14 02:37 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i wonder if the ebola virus can survive in frigid temps...

Return to Top
#1975983 - 11/13/14 02:54 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
It's global warming don'cha'know ...

Return to Top
#1975984 - 11/13/14 02:55 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Did you go and buy all of the milk, bread, water, plywood and top off the tanks to all of your vehicles?

Return to Top
#1975985 - 11/13/14 02:58 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
No, but I did have a second cup of coffee when I arrived at the office. Is that a sign of panic welling up inside me?

Return to Top
#1975989 - 11/13/14 03:01 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Had a nice walk today in the nice 40 degree weather. Soon it may be time to put on a coat.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1975994 - 11/13/14 03:17 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
We have January temperatures in November. What will January be like?

Return to Top
#1975995 - 11/13/14 03:18 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
April, hopefully.

Return to Top
#1975996 - 11/13/14 03:18 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Ed - funny you mention that, i'm in short sleeves today...everyone is freaking out that i am...i have a heater at home, heater in my car, heated seats, heated office...i'm outside about 12 seconds walking to my car from the house and then from the car to my office...hardly think that amount of time is worthy of a coat...

Return to Top
#1976002 - 11/13/14 03:23 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I do that a lot, cant stand wearing the coat on my 30 minute commute. People look at me like I'm crazy.

Return to Top
#1976007 - 11/13/14 03:28 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die RR Jen
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
I do that a lot, cant stand wearing the coat on my 30 minute commute. People look at me like I'm crazy.

Are you sure its the lack of coat thing? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1976013 - 11/13/14 03:34 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Back to the 60's by Sunday, then another cold front with a hard freeze on Monday night. That is not good on the Sego Palm.

Return to Top
#1976015 - 11/13/14 03:37 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
By next Wed.-Fri., temps look normal around here....lows in the high 30s, highs in the mid 50s.

Return to Top
#1976018 - 11/13/14 03:41 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Woke up this morning to a wind chill of -6. High of 26.

Return to Top
#1976030 - 11/13/14 03:59 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die RR Jen
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore

I used to do that. Until last winter when there was a pile-up on the interstate north of me that had people sitting in their cars for 8 - 12 hours in an ice storm, or walking quite a ways to get to shelter. Now I at least take a coat, just in case.

Return to Top
#1976041 - 11/13/14 04:09 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Do you also now pack snacks and a drink?

Return to Top
#1976045 - 11/13/14 04:12 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die Dazed Auditor
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
::selects "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" by R.E.M. on the jukebox::

Return to Top
#1976052 - 11/13/14 04:18 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die Dazed Auditor
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: Dazed Auditor

At the risk of having my car hijacked by people looking to live off the fruit of my efforts, I refuse to answer that.

Return to Top
#1976055 - 11/13/14 04:22 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die E.E.G.B
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Originally Posted By: E.G.B.
Originally Posted By: Dazed Auditor

At the risk of having my car hijacked by people looking to live off the fruit of my efforts, I refuse to answer that.

Foiled again.

Return to Top
#1976056 - 11/13/14 04:22 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die E.E.G.B
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...

I used to do that. Until last winter when there was a pile-up on the interstate north of me that had people sitting in their cars for 8 - 12 hours in an ice storm, or walking quite a ways to get to shelter. Now I at least take a coat, just in case.

Oh I have a real coat and coveralls with a stocking cap and gloves in the trunk. Just in case. I took my old boots out, time to put them back in.

Return to Top
#1976071 - 11/13/14 04:33 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die E.E.G.B
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club

i fail to see what you bringing a jacket because there may be a wreck and close the interstate north of you has to do with one another. or, are you planning on driving to were the wreck is and offering someone your coat? if so, that is mighty noble of you! cool

Return to Top
#1976095 - 11/13/14 04:52 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Check for snakes in the boots before you put them on. They are looking for cozy places to keep warm!

Return to Top
#1976099 - 11/13/14 04:54 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I always keep stuff in the car for the winter. I've ended up waiting in ditches for hours before, and having it makes a world of difference.

I usually wear a jacket or something, but often I'm coming in to work in shorts (to workout), so getting through the commute when the heater starts working about the same time I exit the interstate...some extra clothes are necessary!

Return to Top
#1976101 - 11/13/14 04:54 PM Re: The Artic Front is here - we're all going to die HappyGilmore
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
We had 60 degrees on Monday. Then yesterday and today have been in the teens. Quite a swing in temps!!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3