Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1978349 - 11/21/14 09:08 PM 100 Years From Today...
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
Predictions?

Mine:

* Flying cars (no, really!)

* Permanent space colony in orbit (placed there by the 1% of scientists who still believe in the by then debunked manmade Climate Change theory)(note, the temperature there is a lovely constant 28 degrees Celsius)

* United States of North & South America elect the first unicorn as President of their Republic

* BOL is a major power broker in world affairs by virtue of its positioning as a global leader in world financial compliance matters

* Pale will still be posting in the Cooler as the world's oldest disembodied brain

* The Yankees win the Series!!!!!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1978352 - 11/21/14 09:16 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The world is on the brink of WWIII as one side misused a semicolon.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1978354 - 11/21/14 09:23 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
* Scientists invent a machine that interprets what Bob Dylan was saying in his songs.

* Fast and Furious 54 encourages kids to drift in their flying cars.

* The Octomom's great great granddaughter beats her record and has nonuplets.

Return to Top
#1978358 - 11/21/14 09:30 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
Oh! And gas prices fall below 300.00 a gallon!

Return to Top
#1978360 - 11/21/14 09:30 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm
Oh! And gas prices fall below 300.00 a gallon!

For the 1st time in 95 years!!!!!

Return to Top
#1978371 - 11/21/14 09:43 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
I'm going optimistic and slightly realistic:

alternate cheap energy from nuclear, solar, or ocean currents.

all our "needs" are met cheaply with 3-d printers, so the majority of jobs are basically entertainment or searching for new knowledge

health advances that make the prime of someone's life last a century or more.

smart cars, knowledge free and available on the internet, expanded social interaction on the internet, synthetic/healthy/delicious food available, a new renaissance of knowledge

Return to Top
#1978372 - 11/21/14 09:48 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
* everything will kill you remains the highest used and longest running thread on BOL, surpassing 954,588,634,201,365,117,847 pages...but none of us reading this will konw because we already will be dead, having been killed by something, as predicted.

Return to Top
#1978375 - 11/21/14 09:50 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... HappyGilmore
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
* everything will kill you remains the highest used and longest running thread on BOL, surpassing 954,588,634,201,365,117,847 pages...but none of us reading this will konw because we already will be dead, having been killed by something, as predicted.

Or, maybe,... - reading every single post in that thread may be precisely what kept them alive...

Return to Top
#1978378 - 11/21/14 09:54 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
After decades of starvation and war, the world's population has been reduced to under 1 billion, a number which may be sustainable from the few areas that remain fertile. The difficulty in traveling great distances due to the deindustrialization of the world has caused people to group in area isolated from one another. Descendants of the people once known as Americans now speak languages almost unintelligible to one another.

After a couple decades of little temperature increase, the Earth was surprised by the warming from 2030 to 2050. When the oceans turned over, as pockets of warm water rose to the surface, marine life was devastated. Starvation began in nations dependent on seafood. As if the rising seas weren't enough to drive people inland, the beaching of millions of dead fish and sea mammals certainly was. Great cities emptied. The area once known as Texas, now known as the Great Mexican Desert, was overwhelmed by migration from gulf coast areas, and the crop failures turned the area in to a pit of dusty starving people.

No one expected the border conflicts between the US and Canada to erupt into war, but it did, as millions of Americans sought food, farmland and escape from the dust. The Islamic rulers of England refused to support Canada, and it's military was overwhelmed. The government of the US moved from the now flooded Washington DC to Quebec.

No sooner did this conflict end, than the Great Petroleum War of 2070 broke out, when China launch an air and sea attack on Middle Eastern Oil States. The US came to the defense of Saudi Arabia, but was reluctant to support the Arabs ally, ISIS. When Israel allied with China, the US abandoned is Arab ally, and hoped to finally defeat ISIS. Regrettably, the use of tactical nuclear weapons reduced the entire area to a radioactive wasteland, and within 20 year, transportion had reverted to 18th century methods.

The great nations soon collapsed and mass starvation spread further.

Some survivors in the former US adopted the ways of the First Americans, calling themselves the New Sioux.

Return to Top
#1978381 - 11/21/14 09:59 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
^^^^^

......"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

--A popular variant of Einstein's quote.
Last edited by burkemi; 11/21/14 10:00 PM.

Return to Top
#1978382 - 11/21/14 10:02 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29152028

The ozone layer is now fully closed and no one can get a suntan

CAMS

Return to Top
#1978389 - 11/21/14 10:24 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Hate to be pessimistic and slightly realistic but:

Personal liberty has long since been reduced to a fable or a dream.

The United States has dissolved into three weak nations, the most populous being controlled by a leftist Asian nation yet unnamed, made up of China, Vietnam, and a recombined Korea and the weakest of the three being tied to Mexico. The rump of what was once the United States will be squabbling with itself and still ill-served by an ineffective two-party system.

Alaska is owned by Russia again.

Their duplicitous purpose served, environmentalism and the hoax that is global warming have long since been written out of history books with no documented record existing that such false beliefs ever occurred. Complete control has a way of rewriting history.

Security passwords will have exceeded 200 separate required characters and this despite advances made in DNA recognition.

There will be a cure for cancer but it'll only be available to the few very rich of the world. Overall life expectancy has shortened from early 21st century highs.

No longer mattering, HMDA reporting will have long since been forgotten for the bureaucratic idiocy that it was. Flip side is that all banking was nationalized by 2024 so is government controlled and administered.

Any renaissance of knowledge will be nurtured in India with western civilization hurtling toward a new dark age of ignorance, superstition, and amorality, continually bedeviled by Muslim extremism but with no religious rudder of its own to guide it.

Return to Top
#1978419 - 11/22/14 12:41 AM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Since smoking weed will have been legal (mandatory, actually) worldwide for 99 years and THC increased to 99.9% due to weed being the only acceptable GMO, nobody will care about any of the above. The only non-weed producing businesses left on Earth will be Doritos, Taco Bell, 5-Hour Energy, Zig Zag rolling papers and Bic lighters. wink

Return to Top
#1978436 - 11/23/14 08:45 AM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Almost one world government. At least economically.

Return to Top
#1978484 - 11/24/14 03:12 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
One thing's certain. One hundred years from now I won't be here to dither over it

Return to Top
#1978501 - 11/24/14 03:25 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
People having kids right about now stand a pretty decent shot that those kids will live to see the 2100s. That's pretty cool. My son would have to live to be 105, but i hope he gets there. ETA: If he did, he would have lived in 3 different centuries...that would be very cool.
Last edited by raitchjay; 11/24/14 03:28 PM.

Return to Top
#1978536 - 11/24/14 04:31 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... raitchjay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
If he did, he would have lived in 3 different centuries...that would be very cool.

unless, of course, you are the person changing his 105 year old diapers...that would not be cool at all eek

Return to Top
#1978552 - 11/24/14 04:48 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
In 100 years cash will no longer exist as it does today (except in museums and with collectors). Monetary transactions will occur electronically. Even when paying money from "me to you" will be a simple transaction that occurs from my digital cash to yours......Reg E will become the "big Reg."

Return to Top
#1978562 - 11/24/14 05:02 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... burkemi
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: burkemi
In 100 years cash will no longer exist as it does today (except in museums and with collectors). Monetary transactions will occur electronically. Even when paying money from "me to you" will be a simple transaction that occurs from my digital cash to yours......Reg E will become the "big Reg."

just like checks would never be used after the mid-80s, right? wink

Return to Top
#1978569 - 11/24/14 05:13 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Probably at some point cash will become "inconvenient" for a government that wants to know everything about everybody and so a nation's recognized legal tender currency will be legislated away and become illegitimate, just as the gold certificates were in FDR's time. It's a chinch that bartering and a healthy black market will then evolve into a fine art for man will always find a way both to take a cut out of a transaction and conceal that which is valuable to him.

So, civilization takes a huge step backward to B.C. in how commerce is conducted.

Return to Top
#1978574 - 11/24/14 05:19 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By: burkemi

just like checks would never be used after the mid-80s, right? wink

I stand by my baseless hypothesis. grin wink

Return to Top
#1978588 - 11/24/14 05:45 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
WW6 hits what is left of the land masses that can still support life and in the resulting slaughter mankind is removed from this little blue ball. Robots then take over and God grants them souls and salvation as mankind never wanted that stuff anyways. As a result the new heavens and earth are created in perfect love and peace. (Just continuing the dark posts) ^_^

Return to Top
#1978595 - 11/24/14 05:59 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Apple announces the iPhone 92. In response to the continuing demand for larger screens to watch streaming content, the new phone has a 27" diameter screen. Kangaroo pants become the new style, so people can still carry their phones in their pockets. Anxious customers line up for miles outside Apple stores in their flying cars.

Return to Top
#1978627 - 11/24/14 06:38 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Hernandez-Sanchez Act of 2114 heavily regulates time travel, creates new Consumer Time Paradox Protection Bureau to prevent catastrophe, causes recession

Rolling Stones Farewell Tour

Congressman Lopez defends USAPATS Act of 2112 (Uniting and Strengthening Amer-exico by Providing Appropriate Thought Surveillance)

All voting is accomplished via the “Like” button on Facebook, seniors outraged

Amer-exico’s Second Female President loses re-election campaign to Amer-exico’s First Robot President

Tonight! Live in Vegas! Clone Johnny Cash Sings the Duets with Clone Elvis Presley!

Brain-tune in at 7 p.m. to catch the latest episode of “That’s So Fresh!” starring Mandsey Giggles, brought to you by Time-Warner-Cox-Comcast-Disney-ABC-FOX-CBS-MTV-Turner-Lowe’s-Montsanto-Globalcorp.

Star Wars reboot features actual aliens, children both delighted and terrified

Return to Top
#1978628 - 11/24/14 06:45 PM Re: 100 Years From Today... YosemiteSamIAm
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Old folks lament what today's (2114) youth are listening to and content themselves by playing Snoop Dogg and Korn on their I-Pods.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2