#1978524 - 11/24/14 04:11 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. edAudit
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: edAudit
Originally Posted By: buggs
Originally Posted By: edAudit
Much like global climate change one can find an internet post that will clearly show both sides to the coin. Believe what you choose.

Ah, but on one I have *personal* experience. Do you?

I have experience with individuals (not on bol so no need for anyone here to get defensive) who refuse to take the necessary steps to at least attempt to fix what is wrong and takes it out on others.

I have a similar experience. NOT on BOL either. In this case (that I am thinking of) we had to take the necessary steps for that person to get them the help they needed.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1978527 - 11/24/14 04:16 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
buggs Offline
Power Poster
You guys would argue about how paint dries. Why is that?

Return to Top
#1978528 - 11/24/14 04:18 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
You guys would argue about how paint dries. Why is that?

Would that be water-based or oil?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1978529 - 11/24/14 04:21 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
What color? Indoor, or outdoor?

Return to Top
#1978530 - 11/24/14 04:22 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Temperature and humidity?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1978534 - 11/24/14 04:29 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
If I'm wrong, then let it roll off your back.

In other words, don't call me on behavior of which I am accusing you.

Return to Top
#1978540 - 11/24/14 04:33 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Flaming post edited out.
Next step will be to trash the entire thread.
No further warnings will be issued.

Return to Top
#1978542 - 11/24/14 04:36 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i remember seeing an article recently about how big pharma is not about finding a cure, but about finding new customers. to some degree, i think that add, adhd, ptsd, depression, and a host of other mental illnesses can be attributed to this.

Please don't misunderstand what i am saying, there are many people that need medication for these and others, but the quick diagnosis and writing of prescriptions is done so willy-nilly. I know someone who was diagnosed as clinincally depressed by their OB/GYN, another by their internist, and one by their dentist - yes, their dentist. I wonder their actual qualifications to make that diagnosis.

Return to Top
#1978549 - 11/24/14 04:45 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
i remember seeing an article recently about how big pharma is not about finding a cure, but about finding new customers. to some degree, i think that add, adhd, ptsd, depression, and a host of other mental illnesses can be attributed to this.

Please don't misunderstand what i am saying, there are many people that need medication for these and others, but the quick diagnosis and writing of prescriptions is done so willy-nilly. I know someone who was diagnosed as clinincally depressed by their OB/GYN, another by their internist, and one by their dentist - yes, their dentist. I wonder their actual qualifications to make that diagnosis.

Unfortunately, I think this applies to so many medical maladies in modern society. Imagine the number of people & corporations who rely on these research and cure R&D organizations, and who would be eventually out of work if a "cure" is found for said illness.

Sort of a medical version of the military industrial complex that feeds and fuels itself.

Return to Top
#1978705 - 11/24/14 08:14 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
My Mother went thru a great deal in her childhood and young adulthood. Her GYN diagnosed her as "clinically depressed" and gave her addictive drugs to take. She has taken them since she was 21 - she is now 78 and her brain is mush... Not once did he or any of her doctors send her to a qualified psychiatrist to obtain the real help that she needed. It was "just throw pills at it" approach. Her depression ruled her life-even with the pills. She learned how to use it to her advantage to get what she wanted from others. My sister and I feel robbed of the person she could have been with the proper therapy... I realize that clinical depression exists in the world, but believe that a lot has been misdiagnosed and really needs to be evaluated. We All have hard times and unhappy times, we don't need to let those rule our lives and determine our state of mind.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1978710 - 11/24/14 08:19 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
My own doc warned me that she is pressured to write me a script rather than give me the information I really need to heal. So drugs it was till I was better and my doctor was sure it was because of my won work rather than the chemical help she had proscribed. But if she had said that to a insurance dept person she would have been fired or written up for sure.

Return to Top
#1980031 - 12/01/14 08:18 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
jaenelle Offline
Kansas
I think for many people the stigma attached to mental illness makes them reluctant to seek help. I know that was the case for me. I have depression, anxiety, and panic disorder, and was pretty good at covering it up, I think. It took a suicide attempt for most people to even realize I had a problem. That was 8 months ago.

I'm glad I didn't succeed, and I'm proud of the progress I've made with the help of therapy, but most days are honestly still a struggle.

Although it *can* be funny (in a bizarre way, not a haha way) mental illness is never a joking matter.

Return to Top
#1980034 - 12/01/14 08:34 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
we're glad you didn't succeed, jaenelle....

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1980035 - 12/01/14 08:37 PM Re: It's *not* a joke. buggs
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Your are right, it is never a joking matter. Depression runs in our family, so we have all been affected by it. Some people believe that there is not such thing as depression and you can "just get over it". To those people, I say "walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me." I have worked since I was 12 years old and my motto daily is "to put one foot in front of the other and do the very best I can do."

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2