Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Thread Options
#1957443 - 08/27/14 05:28 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I thought I was watching enough different sources to have the opportunity to hear various 'sides'.
The bottom line is, why can't NEWS media report FACTS, not SIDES of any story.
wait...rating points...duh, I forgot.
crazy

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1957446 - 08/27/14 05:32 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ?

Well, 3 rights equal a left.

Return to Top
#1957449 - 08/27/14 05:39 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Xian Ngyuen
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: Xian Ngyuen
Well, 3 rights equal a left.

I think that everytime I see that title of this thread laugh

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1957454 - 08/27/14 05:57 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Truffle Royale
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
I thought I was watching enough different sources to have the opportunity to hear various 'sides'.
crazy

yep

it is so bad, this hunt for ratings, that i was watching the weather channel monday morning and they were reporting on the california earthquake...weather guy holds up 2 bricks and says "these fell off that building behind me, if people were sitting there they could have been struck and killed." well, that's great and all, but the earthquake occurred overnight and no one was sitting there, so why do you need to bring it up? why the need to sensationalize?

Return to Top
#1957463 - 08/27/14 06:03 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Truffle Royale
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
crazy

Add in that reporters are human, with all of their own biases and views, and you rarely get unbiased reports on nearly anything. Human nature.

Return to Top
#1957521 - 08/27/14 07:29 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I thought part of the training in college broadcasting was to know what is fact and when it was being clouded by your own opinion. Fact checking by definition is substantiating what you're going to report. Then you have the network which should be guiding you to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Somehow this has gotten all turned around to curry the favor of public opinion. Now it's gone so far as to actually shape public opinion.

Return to Top
#1957538 - 08/27/14 07:51 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
weather guy holds up 2 bricks and says "these fell off that building behind me, if people were sitting there they could have been struck and killed."

Yeah, and if someone who just walked across the street hadn't waited for the bus to pass, he would have been flattened! crazy

Sounds like that weather guy needs to stick to inaccurate weather forecasts. wink

Return to Top
#1957546 - 08/27/14 08:11 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Truffle Royale
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
college broadcasting was to know what is fact and when it was being clouded by your own opinion.

hahahaha...have you been on a college campus lately? do you see any of the "impartial" college professors that have shows on cable these days and how partial they are? or that are consulted on newscasts? the leaning tower of pisa doesn't tilt as far left as these guys...

Return to Top
#1978822 - 11/24/14 11:02 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
OK, the Grand Jury announcement is due any moment now.

This should be interesting. Let's pray that cooler heads prevail regardless as to the decision rendered.

Return to Top
#1978865 - 11/25/14 01:55 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
it appears that cool heads did not prevail...

Return to Top
#1978869 - 11/25/14 02:13 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I just do not understand the connection between "I'm unhappy about this situation!" and "Let's burn down the city!"

Return to Top
#1978873 - 11/25/14 02:20 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
So senseless. I feel bad for the store owners. frown

Return to Top
#1978874 - 11/25/14 02:20 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
I have a coworker who lives on the edge of Ferguson and she is heartbroken seeing her city burn. She has watched the city rebuild itself and now it is being destroyed, in many cases, by people who do not even live there.

Return to Top
#1978875 - 11/25/14 02:22 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
until we make personal responsibility and taking ownership of our actions a priority, nothing will change. if we look for an excuse or rationale for every negative act we do, nothing will change. if we don't hold people accountable, nothing will change.

Return to Top
#1978878 - 11/25/14 02:23 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
an·ar·chy
noun \ˈa-nər-kē, -ˌnär-\

: a situation of confusion and wild behavior in which the people in a country, group, organization, etc., are not controlled by rules or laws
Full Definition of ANARCHY
a : absence of government
b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority
c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
a : absence or denial of any authority or established order
b : absence of order : disorder <not manicured plots but a wild anarchy of nature — Israel Shenker>
: anarchism
See anarchy defined for English-language learners »
See anarchy defined for kids »

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchy

CAMS

Return to Top
#1978892 - 11/25/14 02:44 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I'm with Becca. It just doesn't make any sense.
The rioters mentality seems to be:
"The police hate us and discriminate against us. Let's give them more reason to hate and discriminate against us but shooting at them and fire bombing their squad cars."

How can anyone think this is going to help. I feel sorry for Michael Brown's family. I know they feel that justice was not served but I highly doubt this rioting and burning is how they want their son to be remembered.

Return to Top
#1978902 - 11/25/14 02:58 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
It's all the fake outrage the resulting lawlessness wrung out of the fake outrage that I'm tired of.

Any excuse will do.

Return to Top
#1978919 - 11/25/14 03:21 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? CompliantOkie
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
I feel sorry for Michael Brown's family. I know they feel that justice was not served

until they are willing to admit the actions taken by their son contributed directly to his death, their definition of justice will continue to be "Wilson must be convicted."

Return to Top
#1978930 - 11/25/14 03:34 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree with Happy. Having heard the prosecutor last night explain the evidence and testimony presented to the Grand Jury, it sounds like Officer Wilson was in fear for his life and rightly so.

Return to Top
#1978936 - 11/25/14 03:52 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I wholeheartedly believe that the shooting was justified and I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Officer Wilson was not indicted. I believe most parents have blinders on when it comes to their kids. Hopefully in time the parents will come to realize their son's actions and behaviors caused his own death.

I think the prosecuter handled this matter in the best way possible by laying out all the evidence to the grand jury then releasing the evidence to the public. Not to mention I enjoyed his shots at the media during his press conference last night!

Return to Top
#1978947 - 11/25/14 04:03 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
According to my co-worker, most of the rioters are out-of-towners who have come to Ferguson looking for an excuse to become violent. That is really sad.

Return to Top
#1978949 - 11/25/14 04:03 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
It seems if you don't get the decision you want, looting and burning is okay to make your point. Surely making the town and store owners pay is not the right decision either.
Unless you have been in the officer's shoes, you really don't know how you would respond at that moment.
Its sad the whole way around.

Return to Top
#1978972 - 11/25/14 04:31 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Not to mention the orchestrated riots in other major cities. Tell me why does the police chief of NY need to have "blood" thrown on his face?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael...protest-n255546

Return to Top
#1978973 - 11/25/14 04:33 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? DD Regs
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
Not to mention the orchestrated riots in other major cities. Tell me why does the police chief of NY need to have "blood" thrown on his face?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael...protest-n255546

http://nypost.com/2014/11/25/ferguson-protesters-take-to-new-york-city-streets/

Professional protestor

CAMS

Return to Top
#1978974 - 11/25/14 04:34 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
They cancelled 10 flights into STL last night because people in Ferguson were shooting in the air as planes came in to land. My daughter flies in tonight at 5:36. Am I nervous? Yes.

As far as it being out-of-towners, only if by out of town you mean from the north side of St Louis. The media reported only 2 of the 61 arrests were people from outside the Metro area. The fact that most the fires were clustered around West Florissant Rd and Canfield Dr (the site of the Brown shooting) seems to indicate it's folks from the immediate neighborhood.

Return to Top
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15