Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Thread Options
#1978976 - 11/25/14 04:42 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
nothing says "the police are wrong" like burning your own neighborhood to the ground...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1978982 - 11/25/14 04:53 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Has anyone heard if a full toxicology report has been released?

Return to Top
#1978989 - 11/25/14 05:06 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
No matter the verdict, the PO's life will be forever changed and he may be targeted by these hooligans. It's just a sad story on either side.

Return to Top
#1978990 - 11/25/14 05:07 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I am in full agreement with you on that.

Return to Top
#1978995 - 11/25/14 05:22 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
There are absolutely no winners in this entire situation, well, except for the scumbag race baiters who want to gain from the sorrow and suffering of those involved.

Their perception of injustice is certainly understandable when you know part of the story, and I can also understand how they would want to tear things up after they feel like one of their own citizens is murdered (their belief), and it takes a strong, strong leader who could channel this disgust with the system into something that is peaceful. We really need someone like MLK Jr at this point in time to help guide the affected through this and make them realize that further violence is not the answer. Sure haven't seen anyone remotely in that vein in quite some time, unfortunately.

Return to Top
#1979002 - 11/25/14 05:37 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? CompliantOkie
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
Has anyone heard if a full toxicology report has been released?

use this link, scroll to the bottom of the page, full list of all evidence used by teh grand jury, tox report as well

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/11/ferguson_grand_jury_evidence.html#incart_big-photo

Return to Top
#1979015 - 11/25/14 06:06 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
"Their perception of injustice is certainly understandable..."

I don't know. Who really are "they?" Should it be understood but only as a faulty perception? Should it be excused? Is it presently being excused? I'm just asking. There are questions about conduct, questions about personal responsibility, questions about racial responsibility, questions about societal responsibility that need to be asked but are taboo, off limits of any national discussion. One dare not question some things that need to be questioned at this point in America.

One question that could certainly be asked is: Do we have the ability to discern that which is right from that which is wrong? It would appear that as a nation, we do not possess good judgment in the matter.

Return to Top
#1979021 - 11/25/14 06:12 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Bacon Boy
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
No matter the verdict, the PO's life will be forever changed and he may be targeted by these hooligans. It's just a sad story on either side.

This.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1979022 - 11/25/14 06:13 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
People do have the ability to discern right from wrong but sadly choose to do wrong. Much of the justification for doing wrong is based on moral relativism, whether it employs the "everybody else is doing it" or "at least it isn't as bad as [insert perceived injustice here]" tactic.

Return to Top
#1979024 - 11/25/14 06:13 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? RR Joker
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy

This.

And he just got married in October so his new bride could also be targeted to get back at him.

Return to Top
#1979025 - 11/25/14 06:15 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
A man was found shot to death in his car at 9 AM today, according to the STL Post Dispatch, near the Canfield Apartments, close to where Mike Brown died. Will anyone protest?

Return to Top
#1979027 - 11/25/14 06:18 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? MyBrainHurts
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
A man was found shot to death in his car at 9 AM today, according to the STL Post Dispatch, near the Canfield Apartments, close to where Mike Brown died. Will anyone protest?

of course, they (the masses and not any group of individuals) will blame the lack of policing at that exact site.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1979097 - 11/25/14 08:21 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
So, momentarily putting aside all the issues and blame and details of this particular case, can we all agree that cameras on police officers would be better?

I'm being sincere here--i think it would be better for everyone involved in the future. And i'm sincerely asking--is there any argument against cameras?

Return to Top
#1979099 - 11/25/14 08:24 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
agreed on cameras...and that the officers don't have the ability to turn on and off or remove themselves...

Return to Top
#1979102 - 11/25/14 08:27 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I am 'pro' cameras. No doubt about it.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1979103 - 11/25/14 08:27 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: noelekal
"Their perception of injustice is certainly understandable..."

I don't know. Who really are "they?" Should it be understood but only as a faulty perception? Should it be excused? Is it presently being excused? I'm just asking. There are questions about conduct, questions about personal responsibility, questions about racial responsibility, questions about societal responsibility that need to be asked but are taboo, off limits of any national discussion. One dare not question some things that need to be questioned at this point in America.

One question that could certainly be asked is: Do we have the ability to discern that which is right from that which is wrong? It would appear that as a nation, we do not possess good judgment in the matter.

Agreed. I didn't say it was right, I just said that I could understand it when they didn't have all of the information like the Grand Jury, and when they don't trust the system to work as it is supposed to. But again, it's not right, of course.

Return to Top
#1979105 - 11/25/14 08:28 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Stupendous Man
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
So, momentarily putting aside all the issues and blame and details of this particular case, can we all agree that cameras on police officers would be better?

I'm being sincere here--i think it would be better for everyone involved in the future. And i'm sincerely asking--is there any argument against cameras?

Definitely agree with the cameras, as well as the ability not to turn them off.

Return to Top
#1979127 - 11/25/14 08:54 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Sound Tactic
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Sound Tactic
Except for a certain poster who calls himself a moderate. That poster was an off the rocker liberal.
Only when compared to another certain poster who is a looney bin conservative.

Return to Top
#1979134 - 11/25/14 08:59 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? buggs
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: buggs
Originally Posted By: Sound Tactic
Except for a certain poster who calls himself a moderate. That poster was an off the rocker liberal.
Only when compared to another certain poster who is a looney bin conservative.

Ironic, considering the name of this thread.

Return to Top
#1979135 - 11/25/14 08:59 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Buggs,
Enough.
You had to back to a post from AUGUST to pick a fight?

Sorry, we mods missed the offending post back in AUGUST.

Return to Top
#1979148 - 11/25/14 09:12 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
buggs Offline
Power Poster
A post from August? I didn't see it until now. You don't think the guy you love to protect wasn't trying to pick a fight in August? You may be a mod, but you don't get to talk to me that way, QCL. Settle down.

Return to Top
#1979151 - 11/25/14 09:13 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
*thump thump thump*

Return to Top
#1979152 - 11/25/14 09:14 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
buggs Offline
Power Poster
I give up. This forum is totally messed up.

Return to Top
#1979153 - 11/25/14 09:14 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Blade Scrapper
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Blade Scrapper
*thump thump thump*

Is this a flame, QCL?

Return to Top
#1979154 - 11/25/14 09:17 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I've been checking twitter off and on today. There was a peaceful demonstration downtown, estimated at 300 people. They walked around for a while, then blocked an interstate for a bit. The police moved them off without incident. It ended calmly in front of the Old Courthouse, the site of the Dred Scott trial.

However, the Governor is supposed to ramble incoherently speak about stepping up the National Guard presence tonight.

Return to Top
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15