Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1979907 - 12/01/14 04:52 PM Have you started Christmas Shopping yet?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Thanks to Amazon's Lightning Deals, I am almost finished with my shopping! (Granted my husband may not actually WANT a 9.99 iron, but it was on sale!) [I didn't really buy him an iron.] I am looking for a deal on a couple more 'accessory' type things but other than that, I am pretty much done.

What I really could use now is more wrapping paper.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1979911 - 12/01/14 04:59 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I'm almost done too. 2 things left for hubby, 1 for mom and 1 for my brother. Kids were finished a couple weeks ago. I'll finish hubby and mom today. Brother's has to be bought locally.

The stuff on Amazon's Lightning deals seems really strange to me. Stuff I would buy myself but wouldn't buy for gifts.

Return to Top
#1979919 - 12/01/14 05:10 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I have started and am almost done. I keep buying stuff for myself. eek I am waiting for a couple of boxes from Amazon. Just need to finish shopping for the kids.

Return to Top
#1979922 - 12/01/14 05:13 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
There are some seriously weird things on those lighting deals, I'll give you that. AND some of them sell out quickly. I think the oddest one I saw was a ukulele tuner - and it was 63% sold out by the time I saw it. crazy

A lot of the stuff I was already looking for popped on lightning deals this weekend, so I grabbed them when I saw them go up.

Return to Top
#1979928 - 12/01/14 05:18 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I had intended to get most of ours done via laptop over the weekend, but every time I sat down and logged into eBates I had to get right back up and do something else. As a result, I have bought exactly 2 Christmas presents so far. Neither were purchased online.

I really hope to have a few minutes tonight to get some shopping done!

Return to Top
#1979933 - 12/01/14 05:31 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
We're pretty much done. I think we have one person to buy for, and I have to figure out the Mrs, but that's about it.

Return to Top
#1979934 - 12/01/14 05:31 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
We've got quite a bit done for the kids. Just have a few more things to pick up then some stocking stuffers. We only have a few gifts beyond the kids that we need to get so it should be fairly simple to get it all done.

I did purchase a gift online for our son on Friday. He wanted a range finder for when we're out hunting. We'd looked at the Black Friday ads and found one at Sportsmans Warehouse for $120 and it had really good reviews. I found the exact same one on Amazon for $116 plus I had a $20 coupon from a gift I'd purchased my husband for his birthday. So for less than $100, I got the same gift and was able to avoid the crowds! Gotta appreciate a good deal like that! smile And, it was free 2-day shipping so should be here tomorrow!

Return to Top
#1979936 - 12/01/14 05:33 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? Matt_B
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I have to figure out the Mrs,

That may take a while. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1979950 - 12/01/14 05:44 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
Kiddos and the BF's big gifts are done - Sanata still has shopping to do but since they are only 7 & almost 10 that will be easy enough

Return to Top
#1979963 - 12/01/14 05:55 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I have no idea what I'm getting anyone! Need to get out there and walk around to get ideas.... Since I'm in Miami for the foreseeable future - will try to do that this weekend.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1979968 - 12/01/14 05:59 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? waldensouth
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Did some cyber shopping this morning for my BIL at Cabela's. Hope he likes the panoramic scouting camera! smile Everyone else is being slow getting me their lists.

Return to Top
#1979969 - 12/01/14 05:59 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? waldensouth
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
I have no idea what I'm getting anyone! Need to get out there and walk around to get ideas.... Since I'm in Miami for the foreseeable future - will try to do that this weekend.

can you bottle sunshine?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1979971 - 12/01/14 06:03 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? waldensouth
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: waldensouth

Cubano sandwiches for all!

Return to Top
#1979972 - 12/01/14 06:03 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Wouldn't work for my sister - she lives near tampa.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1979977 - 12/01/14 06:06 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Done.

Started at about 9:30 Saturday evening and finished in under an hour. Nine gifts, all ordered online.

My wife does most of our shopping, mostly online as well.

Return to Top
#1979979 - 12/01/14 06:11 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
I haven't even started cry

I am usually done shopping and the gifts are wrapped by now. Between, the new workplace, kids, studying for the CRCM and my husband constant travels, I am sooooo far behind. cry

Return to Top
#1979998 - 12/01/14 06:45 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: E.G.B.
(Granted my husband may not actually WANT a 9.99 iron, but it was on sale!)

Is a 9.99 iron almost a pitching wedge? laugh

I haven't started shopping yet, but my family stopped exchanging presents a few years ago since we already have so much. We only get gifts for my niece and nephew. There are just a few friends I shop for.

Return to Top
#1980004 - 12/01/14 06:57 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Black Friday, small business Saturday, cyber Monday.....bah humbug!

Return to Top
#1980018 - 12/01/14 07:57 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I've purchased a few items, but still have 3 nieces and 2 great-nieces to buy for. Other than that there aren't a whole lot that I buy for and my husband and I don't generally exchange - we usually get something that we want together or for the house.

Return to Top
#1980039 - 12/01/14 08:47 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
Bought a couple of items on online, Hubby and I always take a day off early in Dec. and spend the day shopping together and do lunch--so waiting for our shopping day to do most of ours.

Hubby got a brand new car on Friday !! grin

I got a brand new car payment!! cry

CRCM

Return to Top
#1980046 - 12/01/14 09:04 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
I am almost done, in so far as I have not started yet. ^_-

Return to Top
#1980261 - 12/02/14 04:38 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Done. smile

Return to Top
#1980265 - 12/02/14 04:40 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? Retired DQ
Peepers Offline
10K Club
do devils even celebrate Christmas?

Return to Top
#1980267 - 12/02/14 04:45 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I have no idea, really. I'm not done, that I do know!

::this was NOT in reply to the Peepster...the Devil herself will have to answer that one:: smirk
Last edited by RR Joker; 12/02/14 04:46 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1980274 - 12/02/14 04:57 PM Re: Have you started Christmas Shopping yet? E.E.G.B
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Ditto JacksTigger on the shopping and lunch thing with the hubs but we spread ours over a few Saturdays. It's more fun that way and sometimes I can even get him to pay for some of the gifts, not just lunch! wink

When I updated my list last night, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I only have a few more blanks to fill in.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2