Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1979912 - 12/01/14 04:59 PM new FFIEC geocoding website changes
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
This one caught me by surprise. Didn't know the change was coming. Took me a minute to figure it out. Anyone else? (I'm assuming Kathleen knew. wink )

Also, MSA = 99999. do I use that or put na?

Thanks.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1979915 - 12/01/14 05:03 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
Mary Frances Offline
New Poster
Mary Frances
Kentucky
We noticed it today as well. We image all of our loan files and always save the demographic summary in each file. Now it is so small that we don't know if it will be readable.

Return to Top
#1979959 - 12/01/14 05:52 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Not sure if this is the reason for the switch, but the FFIEC site always used TeleAtlas for geocoding. A few years ago TeleAtlas was sold to TomTom. I used TeleAtlas and then TomTom for batch geocoding.

TomTom recently announced that they were getting out of the geocoding business, so I had to seek a new source. That may be what happened here.

I do like the maps. On my screen, I can increase the size of the chart to a much large size. If you can blow up your picture and then print or snip it, that might work.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1980005 - 12/01/14 07:02 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I like the increased Mapping capability but I'll really miss the larger form census demographic data. I usually screen shot it or print a hard copy for our CRA files. So far printing a hard copy hasn't produced a readable map/data with this new upgrade.

Return to Top
#1980153 - 12/02/14 12:50 AM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Yes, this is not good. We like to print the demographic data as well.

Return to Top
#1980154 - 12/02/14 12:56 AM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Send a message to the FFIEC using the Contact Us feature. If enough of us gripe about it MAYBE they will do something about it. smile (Doubtful, but one can dream!)

Return to Top
#1980155 - 12/02/14 01:04 AM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
I like it! The map is much more user friendly. The demographic box is kind of a pain but you can snip the box out if you need.

I like it much better than the old system anyways.

Return to Top
#1980157 - 12/02/14 01:51 AM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I have no problem enlarging the box. Maybe the issue is pc specific.

Return to Top
#1980190 - 12/02/14 02:34 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Kaybee when you say you can enlarge the box, how are you doing that? I tried dragging the corners and that did not work.

Also when I print a hard copy the demographic data doesn't print at all. Anybody had any luck getting the data to print?

Return to Top
#1980195 - 12/02/14 02:50 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I blow up my screen, Control + on a regular windows system, or drag and enlarge on a touch screen.

Return to Top
#1980277 - 12/02/14 05:05 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Kathleen O. Blanchard
J Hunt Offline
100 Club
Phoenix, AZ
anyone else finding that the map is very sensitive, when zooming or moving to locate an address that did not geocode?

Return to Top
#1980280 - 12/02/14 05:08 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
This one caught me by surprise. Didn't know the change was coming. Took me a minute to figure it out. Anyone else? (I'm assuming Kathleen knew. wink )

Also, MSA = 99999. do I use that or put na?

Thanks.

99999 for MSA means the property is not in an MSA

Return to Top
#1980291 - 12/02/14 05:17 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I am not having problems with the maps. Maybe because I have Windows 8?

Return to Top
#1980292 - 12/02/14 05:18 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I also have found that when I go back to the geocoding, it comes back each time at the increased screen size. Don't know if that will hold if I reboot, but it holds when I close the browser and then reopen and go back to the site.

Return to Top
#1980359 - 12/02/14 07:43 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
We checked it again this morning and the demographic info box is now shifted to the left. At least you can print it now; however, it prints over the map and is difficult to read.

Return to Top
#1980360 - 12/02/14 07:46 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Check your pc settings. I hate to keep saying this, but when I print, it does not print over the map. It is to the left of the map. I did print in landscape mode to capture the full part of the map I needed with the property I tested.

Return to Top
#1980362 - 12/02/14 07:47 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Do you mean the census demographic data? Yes, that does pop up in a new box over the corner of the map. You can select the marker and roll it up to print your map if the property is under that little box, and print a version with it open.

Return to Top
#1980391 - 12/02/14 08:45 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
I also like that the map is much more user friendly, sort of like the way it was back in the old days!!!

Having a problem finding addresses on "County Road"; anyone have a solution to that yet? I have tried CR, Cnty Rd, and county road, no luck.

And Yes, I agree that we should ask for a larger box, couldn't hurt to ask, might get it.

Return to Top
#1980460 - 12/02/14 10:49 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
BTW, double check the address you type against the address it gives you.
I just asked for Riveria Circle, it gave me River Road, different county and tract number!!!

Return to Top
#1980528 - 12/03/14 03:18 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Kathleen O. Blanchard
Burgess Offline
Diamond Poster
9999 = NA

for consistency purposes for 2014 which should we enter on our LAR that we submit? NA or 9999?

confused

Return to Top
#1980545 - 12/03/14 03:40 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
NA according to the regulation,

Reg C 1003, Appendix A
C. Property Location
5. Property Located Outside MSAs or Metropolitan Divisions.--For loans on property located outside the MSAs and MDs in which an institution has a home or branch office, or for property located outside of any MSA or MD, the institution may choose one of the following two options. Under option one, the institution may enter the MSA or MD, state and county codes and the census tract number; and if the property is not located in any MSA or MD, the institution may enter “NA” in the MSA or MD column. (Codes exist for all states and counties and numbers exist for all census tracts.) Under this first option, the codes and census tract number must accurately identify the property location. Under the second option, which is not available if paragraph 6 applies, an institution may enter “NA” in all four columns, whether or not the codes or numbers exist for the property location.

Return to Top
#1980566 - 12/03/14 04:05 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
9's have always been used for No MSA, etc., but you enter NA on your LAR.

Return to Top
#1980567 - 12/03/14 04:08 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
So was I, burgess, which is why I asked.
Didn't dig deep enough, SMQ, so I appreciate you finding it for me. Thanks!

Return to Top
#2008281 - 04/15/15 05:55 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
BankerHG Offline
New Poster
Oklahoma
I know this thread hasn't been active in a bit, but we are also currently using the FFIEC site and TomTom as a backup. Has anyone heard of a resolution for the County Street/County Road question? Our assessment area is predominantly rural and I am finding that most CS/CR addresses are not available through FFIEC. I have sent in a comment on the FFIEC website. I was hoping someone may have a suggestion for a TomTom replacement.
Thanking you in advance! smile

Return to Top
#2008355 - 04/15/15 09:10 PM Re: new FFIEC geocoding website changes Truffle Royale
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
For my rural addresses, I use Google Maps with some success. Occasionally Bing or Mapquest can pull maps that Google can't. Then I just print the maps to show the correct location when I User Select a tract on FFIEC.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM