Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1980984 - 12/04/14 04:11 PM Telling where cashiers check was cashed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's the situation
Husband withdrawals a substantial amount of money from a joint account. Creates an official check payable to himself. Joint owner wife would like to know where he cashed the check. Can we provide that information to her now that the money is out of the account and was made into a single owned cashiers check?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1981016 - 12/04/14 05:18 PM Re: Telling where cashiers check was cashed Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would not without a subpoena. The bank does not need to voluntarily place themselves in the middle of a domestic dispute.

#1981353 - 12/05/14 06:56 PM Re: Telling where cashiers check was cashed Anonymous
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Nope. Absolutely wouldn't give out this information without a subpoena as Randy wisely notes. A joint account is just that, joint. Either husband or wife can take action. Any disputes are between them.

#1981383 - 12/05/14 08:19 PM Re: Telling where cashiers check was cashed Anonymous
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
No, regardless of whether the parties are married. No, no if the parties are married.

#1981410 - 12/05/14 08:58 PM Re: Telling where cashiers check was cashed Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you all. We are definitely not getting in the middle of this one. I appreciate your feedback.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale