Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1982404 - 12/11/14 03:05 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
The Marvel Experience is coming to next week. There's been some hype about it, and some friends and I may go. But I'm sure it'll be a crazy mess.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1982421 - 12/11/14 03:33 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Peepers
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: Peepers
an animated Spider Man comedy............that has success written all over it ::sarcasm::

i dunno, i see some reasons for optimism. For one it'd have the Phil Lord and Chris Miller team doing it. They've had some success making good movies out of what seemed like worse premises in the past (lego movie, 21 jump street)

And spider-man kind of IS a comedy character. Or at least not meant to be gritty and dark. He's a smart alec kid in most depictions. I could see a version where he's kind of a judd apatow loser character. Just as long as it's the character that's funny--not the situations (i dont want to see doc ock slipping on a banana peel or Venom hamming it up)

Return to Top
#1982425 - 12/11/14 03:34 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
The whole sony leak thing is fascinating to me--seeing how these movies get made. There seems like a ton of incompetency and Poochie level lack of self-awareness.

But I did like hearing the 21 jump street/ Men In Black crossover idea. I'd go see that movie.

Return to Top
#1982430 - 12/11/14 03:40 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
wow I did not sit through the whole 21 jump street movie as it seemed a lot like the new dukes of hazard movie. Just take a old show remove any of its charm or character and up the lowbrow humor to Something Like Mary level and call it a day. I will have to give it another chance.

Return to Top
#1982439 - 12/11/14 03:48 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Wolfy
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
wow I did not sit through the whole 21 jump street movie as it seemed a lot like the new dukes of hazard movie. Just take a old show remove any of its charm or character and up the lowbrow humor to Something Like Mary level and call it a day. I will have to give it another chance.

Eh, i liked the chemistry of the two guys and laughed, but i'd definitely say it's typical Jonah Hill humor for better or worse, so if that's not your cup of tea, you may not enjoy it.

Return to Top
#1982448 - 12/11/14 03:59 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Stupendous Man
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
an animated Spider Man comedy............that has success written all over it ::sarcasm::

i dunno, i see some reasons for optimism. For one it'd have the Phil Lord and Chris Miller team doing it. They've had some success making good movies out of what seemed like worse premises in the past (lego movie, 21 jump street)

And spider-man kind of IS a comedy character. Or at least not meant to be gritty and dark. He's a smart alec kid in most depictions. I could see a version where he's kind of a judd apatow loser character. Just as long as it's the character that's funny--not the situations (i dont want to see doc ock slipping on a banana peel or Venom hamming it up)

If it were Matt Stone and Trey Parker and it had a Team America: World Police vibe to it, I would be all over that

Return to Top
#1982452 - 12/11/14 04:04 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Well there's also a deadpool movie in the works. Dont know who is writing/in-charge of that, but THAT would be the superhero movie for someone who's funny and super creative to work on. I'd love Dan Harmon to do it, but now i've got Trey and matt in my head.

Return to Top
#1982476 - 12/11/14 04:39 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Stupendous Man
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
Well there's also a deadpool movie in the works. Dont know who is writing/in-charge of that, but THAT would be the superhero movie for someone who's funny and super creative to work on. I'd love Dan Harmon to do it, but now i've got Trey and matt in my head.

Ryan Reynolds owns the rights to Dead Pool, from what I understand. He is perfect for the role.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1982487 - 12/11/14 05:00 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I though Clint Eastwood already did Dead Pool...

Return to Top
#1982491 - 12/11/14 05:03 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I thought there was already a PM dead pool...

Return to Top
#1982526 - 12/11/14 05:43 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
While Dead Pool's humor is great in the comics and might even work on a 30 minute cartoon 2 hours of it might drag a bit. Also I am not sure how it will play with the main hero looking like a deep-fried zombie after rotting 5 days in the hot sun. I am sure they will have to find a not so creative way around that so we can see Mr Reynolds money maker smile. But then is it the same character from the comics any more? People generally hated his cameo in the Wolverine movie where he did not have the trademark ugly zombie face or red suit on.

Return to Top
#1982549 - 12/11/14 06:51 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
with a Dead Pool movie you can easily bring in characters like Domino and Cable (X-Force, New mutants) and of course Wolverine. Dead Pool crosses into a lot of different Marvel comics. I believe he was even interacted with S.H.I.E.L.D., Captain America and Green Arrow at times.

A good movie is certainly possible ... although it would have to be pretty true to the comics (unlike X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

Return to Top
#1982559 - 12/11/14 07:15 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
True, Green Arrow is DC by the way. Hawkeye is the Marvel Robonhood. smile

I am just worried they will still advertise DeadPoll to kids like they did with Gremlins when he is a totally rated R hero.

Return to Top
#1982571 - 12/11/14 07:32 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Wolfy
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
True, Green Arrow is DC by the way. Hawkeye is the Marvel Robonhood. smile

I am just worried they will still advertise DeadPoll to kids like they did with Gremlins when he is a totally rated R hero.

damn, sorry I knew that, don't know what I was thinking ... watching too much Arrow, I guess.

I definatly agree he is not PG, but neither is wolverine in the comics.

Return to Top
#1982583 - 12/11/14 07:47 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron DoS
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I prefer Marvel comics to DC comics because Marvel uses real cities, not made up ones

Also, because Ben Affleck will be the new Batman and though it may not directly be DC's fault, I hold them responsible for this incredibly rediculous choice

Return to Top
#1982604 - 12/11/14 08:43 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Peepers
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I prefer Marvel comics to DC comics because Marvel uses real cities, not made up ones

Also, because Ben Affleck will be the new Batman and though it may not directly be DC's fault, I hold them responsible for this incredibly rediculous choice

I seriously don't see how he can be the new batman, everyone already knows he was DareDevil...

Return to Top
#1982607 - 12/11/14 08:45 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Well Frank Miller worked on both DareDevil and BatMan so I guess it is the norm for one person to work on both heroes actually.

Return to Top
#1982610 - 12/11/14 08:50 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Affleck doesn't bother me. He's done decent films lately and there have been plenty of suprprisingly awesome performances from unexpected people in thes movies (ledger).

I'm more worried that DC/Warner Brothers has no idea what they are doing and are going to ruin the thing because they see what Marvel is doing and take away the wrong lesson. They want the shared universe thing wtih all kinds of spin-offs, but they're not paying attention to how GOOD these movies are. And they want to make them all super serious and gritty. Batman is super serious and gritty, not Superman or Wonder Woman.

Return to Top
#1982635 - 12/11/14 09:36 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
if they were smart, they'd have cast Keanu Reeves as Batman and Nic Cage as Robin...talk about academy award potential...

Return to Top
#1982638 - 12/11/14 09:55 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Holy old times as the dynamic duo Bat Man O_O

Return to Top
#1982640 - 12/11/14 09:57 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Nicolas Kim Coppola has a SAG, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe! Plus numerous other awards and achievements!

Return to Top
#1982642 - 12/11/14 09:58 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
I seriously don't see how he can be the new batman, everyone already knows he was DareDevil...

it seems to have worked out for johnny storm and captain america

Return to Top
#1982644 - 12/11/14 10:02 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron DoS
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: DoS
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore

it seems to have worked out for johnny storm and captain america

doh - I knew he looked familiar...

Return to Top
#1982648 - 12/11/14 10:09 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Pale Rider
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Nicolas Kim Coppola has a SAG, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe! Plus numerous other awards and achievements!

Well if Whoopee Goldberg, Tim Hutton and Cuba Gooding Jr could win on...

CAMS

Return to Top
#1982919 - 12/12/14 09:45 PM Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Need Coffee
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Well now the rumor is that the hack/reaction may convince Sony to work out a deal with Marvel on Spider-Man after all

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3