Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1959264 - 09/04/14 03:09 PM Post Closing Audit
tcbruton Offline
New Poster
HI All, Newbie here. I am new to this financial institution and they do not have a checklist for performing post-closing audits. Does anyone have a checklist of post closing compliance audit review I can use?

Return to Top
Audit
#1959609 - 09/05/14 02:02 PM Re: Post Closing Audit tcbruton
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
I think you will find every auditor performs their audits just a little different. For instance, we perform our compliance audits by regulation, therefore we are only looking for specific items. If you are looking at one loan and trying to cover everything, that is a lot of information to cover.

Return to Top
#1959758 - 09/05/14 06:11 PM Re: Post Closing Audit tcbruton
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Do you really want an "audit" for someone totally independent to perform or do you want a quality control process maybe back in loan servicing?

We have a post closing review done by someone in loan servicing. They track loan policy exceptions, missing documentation, etc. Our compliance internal audit function and compliance transaction monitoring by the compliance officer works like osupa...we look at them by regulation. So a file review is done for Flood or HMDA. They don't review the entire thing.

Hope that helps!

Return to Top
#1971622 - 10/23/14 08:31 PM Re: Post Closing Audit tcbruton
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
We have a post-closing quality control checklist we use for originated mortgage files. It covers the entire mortgage file for disclosure requirements and regulations (flood, hmda, etc.)The only area it does not cover, which is covered seperatly by our internal auditor is the underwriting if the loan. If you want I can send you the checklist and you can see if it something you might use PM me is you want a copy emailed to you

Return to Top
#1982944 - 12/13/14 12:43 AM Re: Post Closing Audit PATSGirl74
Chocaholic Offline
Gold Star
Northwest
We are considering rolling out a mortgage loan program - so I would be interested in seeing your checklist as well if you would not mind sharing.

Return to Top
#2010042 - 04/24/15 01:49 PM Re: Post Closing Audit tcbruton
Blessed Offline
Diamond Poster
Blessed
USA
If you wouldn't mind sharing I'd be very interested!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z