Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1987855 - 01/12/15 02:39 PM Minneapolis or Indianapolis
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
On my training agenda this year is the ICBA BSA Institute. I can either go in May to Minneapolis or August to Indianapolis. Both are about the same distance from where I am at. My wife will be going with me and want to make sure she has things to do.

We have been to Minneapolis and Mall of America a few times now. We have never been to Indianapolis. Any exciting things to do? The school would be downtown and does look like a mall is close. Most importantly, I want her to feel safe in her trips.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1987882 - 01/12/15 03:27 PM Re: Minneapolis or Indianapolis ahkcompliance
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Indianapolis, assuming your somewhere near the center of downtown. It's a beautiful, safe area, and there is a mall attached to the hotels and convention center, as well as a lot of nice restaurants, a zoo not far away, art, all kinds of things!

Return to Top
#1987888 - 01/12/15 03:37 PM Re: Minneapolis or Indianapolis ahkcompliance
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
ABA conference is usually in the DC area

ACAMS is usually in Vegas

So I would go with either Minneapolis or Indianapolis as they both would be better for tourists than the two above I have mentioned.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1987899 - 01/12/15 03:52 PM Re: Minneapolis or Indianapolis ahkcompliance
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Minneapolis = Mall of America

Return to Top
#1987907 - 01/12/15 04:11 PM Re: Minneapolis or Indianapolis ahkcompliance
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
There's lots to do in Indy. There are museums, the zoo, parks, a canal, a minor league ballpark (Indianapolis Indians) that is beautiful even if you don't particularly like baseball, and lots of restaurants downtown. Also shopping, either at Circle Centre Mall or on "Mass Ave." Not downtown, but there is also the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which is neat to see if you never have, again even if you aren't particularly a fan. There is a tour you can take where you ride a bus around the track. It's a pretty unique experience.

The only downside might be the weather. Expect upper 80s to mid 90s and very high humidity in August.

Return to Top
#1987911 - 01/12/15 04:14 PM Re: Minneapolis or Indianapolis ahkcompliance
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Minneapolis in May is wonderful. Lots of stuff, Twins, two zoo's reasonably close, lakes of course, and the Mall as previous people have indicated ... oh, and probably LOTS of road construction

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1987946 - 01/12/15 05:19 PM Re: Minneapolis or Indianapolis Hoosierland
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
There's lots to do in Indy. There are museums, the zoo, parks, a canal, a minor league ballpark (Indianapolis Indians) that is beautiful even if you don't particularly like baseball, and lots of restaurants downtown. Also shopping, either at Circle Centre Mall or on "Mass Ave." Not downtown, but there is also the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which is neat to see if you never have, again even if you aren't particularly a fan. There is a tour you can take where you ride a bus around the track. It's a pretty unique experience.

The only downside might be the weather. Expect upper 80s to mid 90s and very high humidity in August.

Heat and humidity won't bother us! We are use to it. Our hotel is connected to a skywalk to the Circle Centre Mall. Kind of leaning towards Indy!

Return to Top