Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1988508 - 01/13/15 09:58 PM Effective Training - Regulation CC
complygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
midwest
Wanting input from other bankers on effective ways they have trained staff on Regulation CC. We have recently had an increase in violations/exceptions noted on deposit holds and want to provide more effective training to our staff. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1988516 - 01/13/15 10:06 PM Re: Effective Training - Regulation CC complygirl
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
This is always going to a tough one. We use a 'cheat sheet' [BOL modified] so that it makes it easier for a teller to understand the rules surrounding each of the types of exception holds.

We also train them on how to enter the information into the teller system.

They are REQUIRED to send a copy of the hold and the check(s) involved to the compliance officer each day. She then reviews it for completeness and accuracy and advised the teller and branch manager when a mistake has taken place. If so, the teller corrects the hold andre-notifies the customer.

The only thing missing is how we now incorporate those errors into their performance appraisal. If they know that it will affect the appraisal, and possibly affect any raise/promotion, if may cause them to pay more attention.

We don't do a lot of holds, so the compliance officer review is possible...if we did more, it might not be and she would then probably do a sample.

Return to Top
#1988519 - 01/13/15 10:08 PM Re: Effective Training - Regulation CC complygirl
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Based on many of the banks that I have visited, there is no effective training for Reg. CC smile Second review is the only sure fired way to avoid this issue.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett