Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1992878 - 02/02/15 06:15 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
And let's not forget where Brady played his college ball!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1992881 - 02/02/15 06:17 PM Re: We are all Patriots! edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro

Return to Top
#1992910 - 02/02/15 07:32 PM Re: We are all Patriots! edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By: edAudit
If they did not under inflate the balls (word is that they tipped off the Colts) they may not have gotten past the Raven. Just saying, but it will be a white wash as Goodall is friends with Kraft.
Goodell is friends with most of the owners as he works for them. John Harbaugh stated unequivocably during the pregame show that the Patriots football inflation had absolutely nothing to do with their defeat of the Ravens. He also said that nobody on his team or staff made any calls to the Colts about football inflation. And as Sox says, the story has changed so many times it's truly hard to know what you can believe. Conspiracy theories are funny - the harder you look for them and the more people trying to out-scoop each other, the easier it is to connect unrelated events to make them fit your expectations.

Return to Top
#1992912 - 02/02/15 07:35 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
next we will hear that only on ball that was not used in the game was under-inflated.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1992913 - 02/02/15 07:36 PM Re: We are all Patriots! edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia

Now that Brady has ring #4 and 3 SB MVP trophies he no longer sits behind Montana.

Both after 15 years in the league.

SB Appearances
Brady 6
Montana 4

SB Championships
Brady 4
Montana 4

Conference Championships
Brady 6
Montana 4

Playoff Records
Brady 21-8
Montana 16-7

Playoff One and Dones
Brady 2
Montana 4

Playoff TD/Int
Brady 53/26
Montana 45/21

Playoff Passing Yards Per Game
Brady 253.3
Montana 251.0

Regular Season

Win/loss
Brady 160-47
Montana 117-47
(yes, Brady has 43 more wins to the same number of losses)

Att/Comp/%
Brady 7168/4551/63.5%
Montana 5391/3409/63.2%

Yards
Brady 53,258
Montana 40,551

TDs
Brady 392 5.5%
Montana 273 5.1%

Ints
Brady 143 2.0%
Montana 139 2.6%

Rating
Brady 95.9
Montana 92.3

I think it becomes pretty clear. Note that Aaron Rodgers isn't even in the conversation at this point. Maybe in a few more years, but maybe not too.
Last edited by BeechFlyboy; 02/02/15 07:37 PM.

Return to Top
#1992918 - 02/02/15 07:46 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Only issue I have with the stats are that they are mostly team stats granted to an individual. Place either QB on a poor team and see how they perform (both Brady and Montana had guys with hands attached at the wrist). Put either on the jets/lions/raiders and see how they perform.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1992925 - 02/02/15 07:52 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
as for Rodgers he is currently 31 years old to Brady's 37 (although a 6 year difference 37 is pretty old for a NFL player)

CAMS

Return to Top
#1992937 - 02/02/15 08:13 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
It is a team effort-management, coaching and players. Brady isn't who he is without the support-neither is Manning, Rodgers, Montana, etc. You can't discount their success because the ownership made the right moves throughout the organization.

I don't take away how great Marino was because he only got to one Superbowl but for those that are able to and win it is a plus for them.

Rodgers will end up at the top of the list when he is finished.

Return to Top
#1992940 - 02/02/15 08:29 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
another topic does anyone believe that a seasoned QB (Manning, Rodgers, Montana and not taking away from the win) when the play call came in for a pass, given the talent on Seattle would not have said "what" or "you said give the ball to lynch i can not hear above the static?"

CAMS

Return to Top
#1992942 - 02/02/15 08:30 PM Re: We are all Patriots! edAudit
Peepers Offline
10K Club
it was nice to see Seattle keeping it classy at the end

Return to Top
#1992954 - 02/02/15 09:17 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, no one wants to broach the subject, so i'll go ahead and do this...

The NFL is a business, and they are about making money. Goodell is NOT friends with the owners, even though he is a millionaire, he is nowhere near their social circle, he is their employee, plain and simple. Is there egg on the face of the NFL because balls may have not had enough air? I haven't heard the total number of viewers of yesterdays game, but I expect it is the hundreds of millions, so I would say no.

However, the biggest issue...the NFL could not allow seattle to win, plain and simple.

What? HappyG has lost his mind, you say?? Not so fast.

go back to the beginning...the NFL is a business. Part of that business is that the media, which provides coverage for this business, gets unfettered access to players at specific points, and players are expected to be involved and engaged in the media day...there was a player for seattle who refused to be involved, and made quite the stink about it...the directive came down from on high - seattle would not be allowed to win the game. and, in the final 20 seconds, when a blatant defensive pass interference play was made on the goal line, strangely, all the officials were looking somewhere else, allowing an interception to keep the victory in the hands of the patriots. had the receiver actually made the catch, another manufactured infraction would have been called against the seahawks...you see, the nfl is a business, and when you make the boss of a business look bad, he remembers it...and when you least expect it, he will exact his revenge...and roger goddell is the boss, and a petty man with a grudge...

bet this seattle player sings like a bird the next time he is at media day...

no back to your regularly scheduled stat comparison.

Return to Top
#1992960 - 02/02/15 09:26 PM Re: We are all Patriots! Peepers
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By: Peepers
it was nice to see Seattle keeping it classy at the end
I presume you are referring to the fight that broke out. I will say that the very first person to congratulate Tom Brady was Richard Sherman. I thought that did show a lot of class at that time.

Return to Top
#1992962 - 02/02/15 09:33 PM Re: We are all Patriots! HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
well, no one wants to broach the subject, so i'll go ahead and do this...

The NFL is a business, and they are about making money. Goodell is NOT friends with the owners, even though he is a millionaire, he is nowhere near their social circle, he is their employee, plain and simple. Is there egg on the face of the NFL because balls may have not had enough air? I haven't heard the total number of viewers of yesterdays game, but I expect it is the hundreds of millions, so I would say no.

However, the biggest issue...the NFL could not allow seattle to win, plain and simple.

What? HappyG has lost his mind, you say?? Not so fast.

go back to the beginning...the NFL is a business. Part of that business is that the media, which provides coverage for this business, gets unfettered access to players at specific points, and players are expected to be involved and engaged in the media day...there was a player for seattle who refused to be involved, and made quite the stink about it...the directive came down from on high - seattle would not be allowed to win the game. and, in the final 20 seconds, when a blatant defensive pass interference play was made on the goal line, strangely, all the officials were looking somewhere else, allowing an interception to keep the victory in the hands of the patriots. had the receiver actually made the catch, another manufactured infraction would have been called against the seahawks...you see, the nfl is a business, and when you make the boss of a business look bad, he remembers it...and when you least expect it, he will exact his revenge...and roger goddell is the boss, and a petty man with a grudge...

bet this seattle player sings like a bird the next time he is at media day...

no back to your regularly scheduled stat comparison.

According to the NFL rule book, one of the things that is NOT pass interference is contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball. So it wasn't anyone looking the other direction. Under your theory, what would the refs and the NFL have done if Seattle had handed the ball to Marshawn Lynch and he scored? I think you need to get your tinfoil hat tuned a little bit.

Return to Top
#1992967 - 02/02/15 09:40 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
NFL rule book:

rule number 1 Make money at all costs
rule number 2 Make money at all costs
rule number 3 Make money at all costs
rule number 4 Make money at all costs
rule number 5 Make money at all costs
rule number 6 Make money at all costs

When in doubt refer to rules 1-6

CAMS

Return to Top
#1992968 - 02/02/15 09:41 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: BeechFlyboy

Under your theory, what would the refs and the NFL have done if Seattle had handed the ball to Marshawn Lynch and he scored?

I would think this is quite obvious...

illegal procedure

...someone "moved".

Return to Top
#1992970 - 02/02/15 09:42 PM Re: We are all Patriots! HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
when a blatant defensive pass interference play was made on the goal line

I disagree that the play was "blatant" I'm not even sure if it fits the definition of "pass interference"

Quote:
Section 5 Article 2 Prohibited Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air. Acts that are pass interference include, but are not
limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch.
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball.
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of
whether the player committing such act is playing the ball.
(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball.
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior
to the ball arriving.
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1992971 - 02/02/15 09:43 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
looks like I took too long putting together my post ...

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1992973 - 02/02/15 09:47 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Didn't look like PI to me (and I loathe the Patriots). Now, if you want to comment on the blatant tripping (resulted in a 3 & out, and a Patriots score)....

Return to Top
#1992979 - 02/02/15 10:03 PM Re: We are all Patriots! Blade Scrapper
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By: Blade Scrapper
Didn't look like PI to me (and I loathe the Patriots). Now, if you want to comment on the blatant tripping (resulted in a 3 & out, and a Patriots score)....
How about the blatant push off by one of the Seahawks defenders? Or the missed roughing the kicker call that would have given the Patriots a first down? I saw plenty of penalties that didn't get called on both sides of the ball. I thought the refs did a good and fairly balanced job of letting the game play out in the field. But I admittedly have a bias in this discussion too.

Return to Top
#1992986 - 02/02/15 10:20 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I agree that Matthews had at least 2 pushes, and also agree that the kicker was likely roughed based on the definition of the NFL - however, his "plant" foot was actually in the air when he was struck, maybe that is why...you could also make the argument that Edelman pushed off when he caught his TD pass...

and I have no bias in this discussion, didn't care which team won...glad it was close instead of the blowouts of last few years...

(full disclosure...as a young lad many moons ago, had a steve grogan jersey, no idea why, I think it was a present that came with a matching helmet and pants)

Return to Top
#1992990 - 02/02/15 10:43 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Steve Grogan was THE MAN! Not a tougher QB in the league.

Return to Top
#1993020 - 02/03/15 02:11 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I thought it was a really entertaining game, which is what I was hoping for since I didn't really care who won. As for the last play call, though I expected a run as well, I will say this, as a Steeler fan whose team predictably runs it on first and second down every time they get in a goal line situation, I have said many times that I wish that they would mix it up a little. So I can't criticize the call too much. But, I would have given it to Lynch too.

Return to Top
#1993024 - 02/03/15 02:21 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I saw a blurb yesterday on local news that in 104 passes in the NFL this season from the 1-yard line, there was only 1 interception...during the superbowl.

all I could think was "wow, they have stupid stats for everything"

Return to Top
#1993030 - 02/03/15 02:31 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I'm with BeechFlyboy on every single comment so I'll just say ditto. smile

Return to Top
#1993035 - 02/03/15 02:38 PM Re: We are all Patriots! RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i'm just excited you opted for a Yuengling instead of a coors light!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3