Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 47 48
Thread Options
#1994824 - 02/10/15 03:27 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1994828 - 02/10/15 03:32 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The only saving grace for the Jets that year was Miami stunk worse than them (they beat them twice).

So that was 2 easy games 2 really easy ones.

One of the Major reasons the bills went 7 and 9 is they played they beat the Jets and Miami twice.

so you can say that 6 of the 16 were extremely easy.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1994835 - 02/10/15 03:38 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: BeechFlyboy

I do not think that the Steelers or Cowboys are impressed with 4 wins.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1994837 - 02/10/15 03:43 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Nope

Return to Top
#1994863 - 02/10/15 04:24 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
And it wasn't the taping that was illegal to begin with. It was where the taping was occurring.

That's not exactly a valid defense (no pun intended). That's like a hitman saying "It's not illegal to swing a tire iron, it's just that someone's head was in its path." wink

Return to Top
#1994876 - 02/10/15 04:38 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) GuitarDude
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
And it wasn't the taping that was illegal to begin with. It was where the taping was occurring.

That's not exactly a valid defense (no pun intended). That's like a hitman saying "It's not illegal to swing a tire iron, it's just that someone's head was in its path." wink

Understand, and wasn't trying to say it wasn't cheating. It was. But let's be clear about what it was that was done illegally and what impact that had on any games that occurred after it came to light. And let's also be clear that this is not isolated to the Patriots. They were just the ones that got caught (ratted out, Mangini). And they got significantly punished as a result.

Many want to say that spygate taints all of the Patriots Super Bowl wins prior to its uncovering. But the fact is, the rule the Patriots violated didn't even become a rule until after the Patriots had won their third Lombardi, so how can those trophies be tainted by Spygate?

Return to Top
#1994949 - 02/10/15 07:00 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
so if we go off the old assumption my Catholic School nuns used...for every instance of cheating that was caught, at least 10 instances weren't...bodes poorly for the Patriots, doesn't it?

As a follower of the Saints, who were thrown under the bus by the NFL and had multiple coaches suspended (1 for a full season) because of bounties that were allegedly put on opponents (subsequently proven by arbitration to be untrue), I wonder why there has been no knee-jerk suspension reaction for the Patriots.

Return to Top
#1994953 - 02/10/15 07:02 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
I wonder why there has been no knee-jerk suspension reaction for the Patriots.

because I think the NFL is sick of it always making them look like idiots. So, now they will do nothing and look like slow idiots

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1995044 - 02/10/15 08:57 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) DoS
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
because, according to Richard Sherman, Bob Kraft and Rog Goodell are buddies.

Return to Top
#1995082 - 02/10/15 09:44 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Because nothing has been proven yet.

Return to Top
#1995087 - 02/10/15 09:50 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
and as soon as it has been "dis-proven" the evidence will go into the destruct bin.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1995106 - 02/10/15 10:35 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
so if we go off the old assumption my Catholic School nuns used...for every instance of cheating that was caught, at least 10 instances weren't...bodes poorly for the Patriots, doesn't it?

As a follower of the Saints, who were thrown under the bus by the NFL and had multiple coaches suspended (1 for a full season) because of bounties that were allegedly put on opponents (subsequently proven by arbitration to be untrue), I wonder why there has been no knee-jerk suspension reaction for the Patriots.
Just because the nuns assumed it, doesn't make it accurate and universal.

And even if we do take your nuns' assumption to be accurate, nobody is denying the Patriots filmed from illegal locations multiple times. In fact for just about every game in 2005, 2006, and half of the first game of 2007 after the NFL clarified in 2005 that such filming was not to be done. But does that then automatically mean they must have been cheating ten other ways too? That's what Internet innuendo has created. I say prove it.
Last edited by BeechFlyboy; 02/10/15 10:41 PM.

Return to Top
#1995174 - 02/11/15 01:49 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: edAudit
and as soon as it has been "dis-proven" the evidence will go into the destruct bin.

:hands ed a tin foil hat:

Return to Top
#1995176 - 02/11/15 01:54 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1995177 - 02/11/15 01:56 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I say prove it.

the opposite view would say prove it wasn't

Return to Top
#1995182 - 02/11/15 01:56 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I am aware it was destroyed. My comment was referencing the most recent "scandal" and your assertion the evidence will be destroyed. My apologies for not being clear.

Return to Top
#1995194 - 02/11/15 02:22 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1995209 - 02/11/15 02:42 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Your sports team is vastly inferior
That simple fact is plainly obvious to see
We’re gonna kick your collective posterior
Of course you realize we’re speaking figuratively
Our stats are thoroughly impressive
Our coach really has the Midas touch
Our players are fast and strong and brave
And your guys, eh, not so much

In fact we’ve played teams across the nation
And you’re the worst one we’ve come across
Try to assimilate that information
And it just might help you cope with your impending loss
Oh, and if somehow we are still failing
To effectively articulate the points at hand
Allow us now to summarize them in a manner
That your feeble brains can understand

We’re great (we’re great)
And you suck (you suck)
And you suck (you suck)
And you suck (you suck)
You see there’s us (we’re great)
And then there’s you (you suck)
We’re really, really great (really great)
In contrast, you really suck (really suck)
Okay, full disclosure, we’re not that great
But nevertheless, you suck

Your sports team will soon suffer swift defeat
That theory’s backed up by empirical evidence
We’re gonna grind up your guys into burger meat
Again, of course, we’re speaking in the figurative sense
What’s the use of even going through the motions
When you know that you’re gonna lose anyhow
So why don’t you save us all some time
And give up now (you suck!)

Return to Top
#1995210 - 02/11/15 02:42 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1995213 - 02/11/15 02:54 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:
“For more than 75 years, Little League has been an organization where fair play is valued over the importance of wins and losses

if this were true, they would not keep score, host tournaments where champions are crowned, nor have TV coverage of the little league world series...

Return to Top
#1995226 - 02/11/15 03:13 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:
“For more than 75 years, Little League has been an organization where fair play is valued over the importance of wins and losses

if this were true, they would not keep score, host tournaments where champions are crowned, nor have TV coverage of the little league world series...
Or strip LLWS titles from teams using ineligible players.

Return to Top
#1995228 - 02/11/15 03:13 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Last edited by Blade Scrapper; 02/11/15 03:14 PM.

Return to Top
#1995246 - 02/11/15 03:33 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Blade Scrapper
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
The days of little leaguers being groomed on sandlots and in backyards are long gone. ESPN and the Little League organization can try to spin it that way, but the kids that make it to Williamsport aren't using hand-me-down mits and bats. These kids are likely paying top-dollar for professional instruction and year-round training, and are part of the crazy world of youth travel sports. I'd be more surprised if these teams weren't trying to use ringers from outside of their boundaries.
Last edited by GoBucs; 02/11/15 03:33 PM.
Return to Top
#1995770 - 02/12/15 09:02 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
I dont think the punishment fits the crime, but i dont like the idea of stripping titles as a punishment anyways. I mean, it's not like a championship belt where you're continualy defending it. It's a thing that happened. you dont have a time machine. If you dont want to recognize it, ok, but i dont have to forget it. The moments still happened.

Return to Top
#1995786 - 02/12/15 09:33 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
1. This was suppose to be about a inner city team from Chicago, and how they overcame their situation to be winners.

2. I liked the interview this morning with the mother of the suspect child. She said she did not understand why this was an issue, he has played for other teams with no issues shocked

3. If these were inner city kids, someone must be buying or sponsoring them.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 47 48