Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#199584 - 06/15/04 04:42 PM Re: I was watching the funeral service for Reagan...
mrenderman Offline
100 Club
mrenderman
Wisconsin
I must admit that I was very emotional watching the ending of the funeral services where the flag was presented to Nancy and she walked up to the casket and layed her head on top of it Friday night. I was shedding a few tears along with her. I personally thought the Reagan's were great people and I mourn right along with Nancy and the Reagan family for their loss. I enjoyed watching the full weeks events and the final resting place was beautiful. I also agree that the camera's must have been a bit distracting and that Nancy had no private time with her husband but maybe there was time behind the scenes that we don't know about. It is a great loss for our nation.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#199585 - 06/15/04 10:42 PM Re: I was watching the funeral service for Reagan...
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
Quote:

Quote:

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, I also admire Nancy, because she CHOSE to allow this (please understand, I am not saying "she gets what she deserves"). She has allowed the entire world to watch her grieve. IMHO, that is a gift, because she has grieved with such dignity. I hope that many of our nation's young ladies and even young men are watching her right now, because she has shown them what it means to stay committed. She has lived out in front of all of us the part of her marriage vow that says "in sickness and in health". God bless her!

Amen! Although I agree that the camera's must be distracting, I am glad that Nancy allowed those of us from all over the world to share in her moment of mourning. Without those clicking camera's, some of us wouldn't be able to see the end of a great man's life.

Being part of a funeral service like this (on a much smaller scale) I don't believe Nancy noticed the camera's flashing. I know I didn't until days later when I saw photos of the funeral. She grieved with style and was graceous to let everyone grieve with her and her family. I only wish she had private time at the end. Must everything be so public??

Return to Top
#199586 - 06/15/04 11:00 PM Re: I was watching the funeral service for Reagan...
Tisa Offline
Platinum Poster
Tisa
Do you know the way to ...
Quote:

I only wish she had private time at the end. Must everything be so public??

The actual interment was supposedly private, after the cameras were turned off. Maybe the family got some "private" time then?

Not sure when that was, though -- about an hour after the networks stopped broadcasting, we were flipping through channels and CSPAN was still showing the guests filing past the casket.

Return to Top
#199587 - 06/16/04 06:56 AM Re: I was watching the funeral service for Reagan...
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
BTW - FWIW the riderless horse that was in the procession is a former race (harness) horse now named Sgt. York (former race name was Allaboard Jules.)

http://kyw.com/Local%20News/wcbskyw_story_160111342.html

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2