Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1998239 - 02/25/15 09:19 PM Expiration date on reloadable travel cards
SmallBank2 Offline
SmallBank2
I apologize if this has been discussed before - I was uable to find anything in the search function regarding it.

We have recently become aware that our reloadable travel cards expire 01/16. I recall there being discussion in a previous audit we had that there was a minimum required length between sale of a prepaid card and it's expiration but the details are fuzzy (I was the teller at the time so was not directed at me.). Can anyone shed some light on that requirement and/or where I might find the citation? Thanks so much!
Last edited by SmallBank2; 02/25/15 09:19 PM.
Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1998246 - 02/25/15 09:40 PM Re: Expiration date on reloadable travel cards SmallBank2
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The rule you are thinking about is section 1005.20 of Regulation E, which covers gift cards, gift certificates and a limited number of other special purpose prepaid cards. If your travel cards are never marketed as gift cards, you're not affected by the rule.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1998317 - 02/26/15 02:25 PM Re: Expiration date on reloadable travel cards SmallBank2
SmallBank2 Offline
SmallBank2
Thank you so much John - that was what I was thinking of. We have seperate gift cards that we sell. I will read through that section and familiarize myself with it better for our upcoming audit. smile Thanks again!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z