Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1998532 - 02/26/15 08:59 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
OK, so we're reasonable in here, but seriously, passing the ruling without everyone being able to read it is just flat out un-American.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1998540 - 02/26/15 09:01 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
no argument with that here.

Return to Top
#1998543 - 02/26/15 09:09 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
There is a way to pass a ruling and know what is in it? Who knew.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1998581 - 02/26/15 10:02 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? Stupendous Man
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
I dont want the government to censor the internet anymore than you do. And if there's something hidden that gives them that ability i'll be right there rallying against it with you.

well, unless, of course, we can't post on the internet about the rally... eek shocked wink

Return to Top
#1998614 - 02/26/15 11:52 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? Stupendous Man
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
"i think it helps everyone if it's open and accessible and not stifled (by companies or the government"

I would much rather fight against a company in the free market then contend with this monster that is the government.

Funny thing that Stupendous Man was at first arguing for free market but supports this huge grab by the government for control.

I have yet to find something that the government can do better than what the market can do over time.

Stupendous Man, did you create an additional profile to post your political views/opinions seperate from the one you use to post regarding banking subjects? That is unless you have really only posted on 6 legit subjects (banking related) and countless watercooler type topics.

Return to Top
#1998625 - 02/27/15 05:22 AM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
I would love to have a free market/competition based solution but I just think the reality of the situation makes it unlikely for now.

To me, it's like if the government decided to sell off the water systems and sewage pipes to the highest bidder. Yes, technically it would be a free market situation, but in practice it's just a monopoly on an important, needed resource (not that internet is as needed as water, but the general idea).

Return to Top
#1998677 - 02/27/15 03:07 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
What the commissioner of the FCC had to say about it : http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/rudy...-increase-costs

Sounds like he was not excited about this at all.

Return to Top
#1998695 - 02/27/15 03:26 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i'm eagerly awaiting the government ruling that everyone is entitled to a luxury car and that luxury car makers must price these vehicles to where everyman can afford it...

Return to Top
#1998734 - 02/27/15 03:50 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Doesn't Europe have net neutrality? How is that working out for them?

Return to Top
#1998744 - 02/27/15 03:59 PM Re: Net Neutrality? Hype or legitimate concern? MB Guy
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
I have good friends in both England and Austria and their service is slower than it is here and in the case of England, somewhat interrupted on occasion, at least in the Yorkshire area. My Yorkshire friend was over about a year ago and remarked at the speed of our Verizon service, even out in our pokey town. I've not thought to ask about any government intrusiveness.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2