Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2001650 - 03/13/15 07:45 PM international prepaid cell phones
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Is anyone familiar with these? Do you have any suggestions?

I have an old prepaid flip phone that I use when traveling in the States, so I'm really behind the times on phone technology and terminology. I need to be able to confirm flights, call a cab, make dinner reservations, etc.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2001652 - 03/13/15 07:53 PM Re: international prepaid cell phones hmdagal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
When we went to Ireland a few years ago, we went to a store in Dublin, sort of like a Walgreens, and bought a phone and loaded it with minutes. Just a junky little phone, and I think it was only about $30. But we were driving all over, and had to confirm our B&Bs every night, plus we were afraid of hitting a sheep in the middle of nowhere and needing a tow truck. The feasibility depends on where you're going, though.

Return to Top
#2001654 - 03/13/15 07:54 PM Re: international prepaid cell phones hmdagal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The CIA and international terrorist organizations use the for their communications. shocked

CAMS

Return to Top
#2001683 - 03/13/15 09:07 PM Re: international prepaid cell phones hmdagal
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Thanks MBH, that's an option I've considered. I'll be in Australia and there will be a lot of flying involved smile I'd hate to miss a flight or a hotel shuttle.

Return to Top
#2001746 - 03/16/15 12:53 PM Re: international prepaid cell phones hmdagal
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I've always just added the international plan to my phone for 1 month when traveling abroad.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2001790 - 03/16/15 03:31 PM Re: international prepaid cell phones hmdagal
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Thanks Walden. Unfortunately, I don't have that option. I did find something over the weekend that will be perfect! I bought a phone for $40 (including shipping, chargers, etc) that will work just about anywhere in the world (including cruise ships). The only additional charges will be for minutes that I actually use, which aren't cheap, but that's ok. When I get home I can keep the phone until the next time I need it, then charge it up and it's good to go for that trip.

Return to Top