Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2001859 - 03/16/15 06:29 PM Commentary on FCRA
Daisy Doodle Offline
Diamond Poster
Southern U.S.
I'm looking for the previous section 6 of the commentary that used to be on the FTC that talks about reporting a zero balance on loans discharged in bankruptcy. I could not find it in Reg V or on the CFPB website. I'm sure I probably missed it, but since the reg has transferred to CFPB I'm not sure where to look next after all the sections I have searched. If someone can help me zero in, I would appreciate.

Return to Top
#2002006 - 03/17/15 03:20 PM Re: Commentary on FCRA Daisy Doodle
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
FTC commentary/interpretations were mostly transferred to a document called "40 Years of Experience with the Fair Credit Reporting Act"

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/...0fcrareport.pdf

Return to Top
#2002119 - 03/17/15 06:29 PM Re: Commentary on FCRA Daisy Doodle
Daisy Doodle Offline
Diamond Poster
Southern U.S.
Thanks, I saw that, but it did not occur to me to contain previous official commentary. I found the passage I was looking for. Now I have a secondary question. We are currently reporting no bankruptcy fields at all to CB's. We are looking to begin doing this, but I'm wondering are we required to not show delinquency if the borrower is current on a Ch 13 plan? Other than the 'accurate and complete' I could not find any specific guidance on this. Would it be contained in Metro 2 guidance maybe (we do not have access to this presently)

Return to Top
#2002180 - 03/17/15 08:01 PM Re: Commentary on FCRA Daisy Doodle
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You need to get your hands on a copy of the CREDIT REPORTING RESOURCE GUIDE published by the Consumer Data Industry Association

Return to Top
#2002181 - 03/17/15 08:02 PM Re: Commentary on FCRA Daisy Doodle
Daisy Doodle Offline
Diamond Poster
Southern U.S.
Yes, I do, rl carey. You have to go through a process to get a download code, so I read, and we have not done that yet. I was just trying to get a quick read on what all we are not doing.

Return to Top