Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#803907 - 08/28/07 04:10 PM What is required lobby signage?
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Please help. What are the requirements for lobby signs in Texas banks?

Return to Top
#803967 - 08/28/07 04:56 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? Quadspapa
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
I have only worked in Tx a year but here is what I have found.
1. Notice of Oral Agreements (if you have an agreement with the bank for lending money it must be in writing)
2. Complaints (how customers can contact the state banking dept to file a complaint)
2 b. This complaint notice must contain a statement of how that the bank sells cashiers checks as an agent for XX, if your bank sells cashiers checks.

Return to Top
#803977 - 08/28/07 05:04 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? ktac MITCH
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
Branch:
FDIC
HMDA
Fair housing
CRA
Funds Availability

Teller line:
Funds availability plaque
FDIC logo/plaque

Return to Top
#804410 - 08/28/07 09:46 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? Milby
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
After seeing post by Milby, I interpreted the question to be what are state specific requirements in Tx, Correct ?

Return to Top
#804847 - 08/29/07 03:31 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? ktac MITCH
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
I intended the question to refer to Federal and State signage required of Texas banks to be posted. Between Milby and you, I think this probably covers it, I hope.

Return to Top
#805229 - 08/29/07 08:09 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? Quadspapa
mck401 Offline
Diamond Poster
Texas
We also have the Patriot Act signage displayed

Return to Top
#810707 - 09/06/07 08:35 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? mck401
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
Great link from the friendly folks at BOL:

Lobby Notice Requirements Chart
Want to be certain you have all the required lobby notices posted in each place where they need to be? Barbara McGuire has developed a chart that makes it easy. It notes each of the lobby notice requirements, where they must appear, the underlying regulation, and any special instructions that should be observed

PDF document : http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/bm_requiredlobbysigns.pdf

OR Word document:
http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/bm_requiredlobbysigns.doc

Return to Top
#811824 - 09/07/07 10:40 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? TexasBankerGirl
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
One of those lists I made is from the perspective of a national bank in Texas. What is missing is state banks requirement for posting a statement of condition in the lobby.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#816386 - 09/17/07 03:40 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? ktac MITCH
gonetobeach Offline
100 Club
gonetobeach
near Dallas
Does this complaint notice (and cashiers check information) apply to national banks as well? I have been getting conflicting opinions on whether we need to post in our lobbies.

Return to Top
#817606 - 09/18/07 09:37 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? gonetobeach
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The complaints is for state banks I believe. NBs don't have to worry about that.

The sale of checks does apply, as I recall but is enforced at the state regulator level. A NB won't have a state examiner in there so while it applies, I don't know that it would be enforced. Likely you have to contractually comply with requirements in you vendors agreements and as an agent for the seller you'd be required as well. So I had it listed as a requirement.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#817805 - 09/19/07 12:46 PM Re: What is required lobby signage? Andy_Z
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Andy is correct.

The new guidance issued July 10, 2007 indicates:

Other Financial Institutions Not Chartered or Licensed by the Department:

Several types of financial institutions that are not chartered or licensed by the Department may act as an authorized delegate for one or more MSA license holders. These entities may include, for example, national banks; federal savings banks; state savings banks; thrifts; and credit unions. The 7 TAC §33.51 notice requirement is imposed upon these entities if they conduct money transmission as the authorized delegate of a license holder. Each license holder is responsible for ensuring that the required notice is provided. Therefore, in order for the license holder to comply with this rule, the license holder must specify and provide the means for its authorized delegates that are not regulated by the Department to provide the required notice.

Return to Top
#2003412 - 03/23/15 07:41 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
lisa Offline
Gold Star
Gainesville, TX USA
My CFO is asking if our Statement of Condition needs to be displayed in our lobby. Andy in an old post below you stated that it does. Do you know where I can find reference to it?

Many thanks,

Lisa in Texas

Return to Top
#2003430 - 03/23/15 08:17 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am not aware of any state requirement.

Return to Top
#2003433 - 03/23/15 08:19 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
The old requirment also required publishing the statement in a local newspaper. But that was long ago.

Return to Top
#2003947 - 03/25/15 04:24 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
That was a long time ago. I'm not aware of a specific requirement any longer.

Return to Top
#2004987 - 03/30/15 04:20 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
If you're chartered under the Dept of SML in Texas, some of the contact info for the Complaint Notice has changed. Check their website for the current info.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
#2262364 - 11/10/21 05:19 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Andy_Z
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
I understand the FDIC, FRB, and OCC all rescinded their rules regarding posting call reports, but I’m reviewing a state statute found in the Texas Administrative Code: 7 TAC 3.21(f).

The statute reads:

Lobby notice and publication. The latest call report filed with the banking commissioner pursuant to subsections (b) [FDIA regulated state banks] and (c) [non-FDIA regulated entities] of this subsection must be posted in the lobby of the state bank at a point accessible to the public. A state bank is not required to publish its call report in a newspaper or other media unless specifically directed to do so by the banking commissioner. A state bank required to publish its call report by the banking commissioner shall publish the report in a newspaper or other medium of general circulation as directed by the banking commissioner.

While the statute doesn’t require publication in a newspaper or other similar media (unless so directed by the state banking commissioner), it clearly states the most recently filed call report MUST be posted publicly in our lobby.

Does anyone have ANY indication that this statute has also been rescinded?

Return to Top
#2262374 - 11/10/21 06:52 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not of which I am aware. But it is a posting of the availability of the information. If you wanted to post the call report I hope you have a large vacant wall.

Return to Top
#2262389 - 11/10/21 09:27 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I've never worked in a state bank but that does seem to be what is stated. Posted in the lobby and accessible sounds like it could be with your CRA Public File and perhaps behind the new accounts desk - available upon request.

Return to Top
#2262392 - 11/10/21 09:39 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
My understanding is that you can just post basic balance sheet / income statement, then the rest can be available upon request. And by "available upon request," you need to have a copy ready to hand out. At least that's what a reliable source of mine at the DOB has told me, but I'll see if I can get a more definitive answer. I think the law is a throwback to when the call report wasn't a very long document.

Return to Top
#2272343 - 06/30/22 08:02 PM Re: What is required lobby signage ? Quadspapa
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
Thank all y'all!

(I'm sorry for the delayed response, as I sure don't want to seem ungrateful or taking the replies for granted...just busy.)

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z