Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Thread Options
#1997286 - 02/20/15 04:54 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I am!! I am!!

I feel like it has been forever since I read a BDB book.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1997287 - 02/20/15 04:57 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
When does it come out??? smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1997290 - 02/20/15 05:00 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
March 31st I believe.

Return to Top
#1997347 - 02/20/15 06:24 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1997419 - 02/20/15 09:45 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
YAY! I've got it on pre-order but couldn't remember the release date offhand.

Return to Top
#1997444 - 02/20/15 11:26 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I don't have it on pre-order but do have a calendar appointment so I can go to Barnes & Noble and buy it!

Return to Top
#2005256 - 03/31/15 04:23 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
Anyone picking up The Shadows today?

I'm still re-reading the series. Need to remind myself of all the ins and outs before attempting the new one.

Started someone at work on the series. She loves it. After finishing Book #2, she was sure that Phury is gay. It was really hard not to say anything.

Return to Top
#2005281 - 03/31/15 05:05 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** dottiec
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By dottiec
Anyone picking up The Shadows today?

I'm still re-reading the series. Need to remind myself of all the ins and outs before attempting the new one.

Started someone at work on the series. She loves it. After finishing Book #2, she was sure that Phury is gay. It was really hard not to say anything.

I've got it, not sure when I'm going to start. I'm really interested in what happens with Sola/Assail. Love the Grandma!

I started someone at work too. She was liking Phury, until she got to his book & the Wizard started. Lol. Although I still think she likes him. Yuck! She keeps asking about Qhuinn, he he, it's so hard not to say anything!

Return to Top
#2005305 - 03/31/15 06:02 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** ItNeverEnds CRCM
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I started The Shadows during lunch. It was hard to put my Kindle down and come back to work.

Return to Top
#2005312 - 03/31/15 06:16 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Sarah
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By RR Sarah
I started The Shadows during lunch. It was hard to put my Kindle down and come back to work.

Ditto! And I was just in the break room. smile

Return to Top
#2005317 - 03/31/15 06:22 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I think I'm coming down with something. I may have to go home. whistle

Return to Top
#2005339 - 03/31/15 06:42 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I'm never going to catch up with you two!

Return to Top
#2005348 - 03/31/15 07:04 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
I'm also re-reading the series first. I'm on #10 right now, so it shouldn't be long...

Return to Top
#2005362 - 03/31/15 07:26 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
I just finished Payne and am now working on Tohr.

Return to Top
#2005372 - 03/31/15 07:49 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
#ONENANA Offline
New Poster
Texas Girl
I am not sure what this is but I am an avid reader. Can someone give me a little input as to what these are about please.

Return to Top
#2005400 - 03/31/15 08:22 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
Black Dagger Brotherhood: Highly-trained vampire warriors who protect their species against the Lessening Society. As a result of selective breeding within the race, Brothers possess immense physical and mental strength as well as rapid healing capabilities. They are not siblings for the most part and are inducted into the Brotherhood upon nomination by the Brothers. Aggressive, self-reliant and secretive by nature, they exist apart from civilians, having little contact with members of the other classes except when they need to feed. They are the subject of legend and the object of reverence within the vampire world.

THE BROTHERS

Wrath: the last purebred vampire on the planet and the vampire race's king. Essentially blind, he is the leader who is not willing to lead until he is forced to care for a half-breed he falls in love with.

Rhage: the strongest of the brothers and the best fighter. Cursed by the Scribe Virgin, he is possessed by a dark side which is a danger to everyone. Ultimately, though, he is gentled by a very special human woman.

Zsadist: the most lethal of the brothers. A former blood slave who was mercilessly tortured during the first hundred years of his life, Z is the one who has fallen farthest from grace. But he is utterly worthy of redemption.

Phury: the loyal one, the one who sacrifices himself for others. Phury is Zsadist's twin brother and a celibate who cannot truly live because of everything his biological brother has lost. Used to giving rather than receiving, he needs love coming back at him to bring him alive.

Vishous: the most intelligent and the one who is specially gifted. His curse is his ability to prognosticate: he sees the future, though not the 'when' of events so he is tortured by his inability to save those he loves from danger. His love puts him at odds with a secret about himself he did not know and could never have guessed.

Tohrment: the steady one, the calm one. He is the one whose betrayal by fate will cut the deepest.

Return to Top
#2005407 - 03/31/15 08:41 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
#ONENANA Offline
New Poster
Texas Girl
Thank you Dottie!! That sounds like a series I could really get into. Guess I'll be hitting amazon tonight. Before anybody asks yes I do have a kindle but there is just something about holding an actual book in my hands. Not to mention the smell of a brand new book. I know weird right?

Return to Top
#2005416 - 03/31/15 08:51 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
@ Onenana - beware, they are like crack! You won't be able to stop or put them down!!

Return to Top
#2005426 - 03/31/15 09:19 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
#ONENANA Offline
New Poster
Texas Girl
That's okay Itneverends I'll just add them to all my other vices like bacon, grilled cheese sandwiches, Supernatual, etc.

Return to Top
#2005531 - 04/01/15 02:41 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** #ONENANA
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I am 54% done with The Shadows. I think the only thing that stopped me reading when I did last night was that my Kindle shut down because my battery was depleted. smile

Return to Top
#2005566 - 04/01/15 03:51 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
I'm so hooked I've got a license plate frame for the BDB, and now two T-Shirts- a BDB and one that says TRUE?

I just got my one friend two magnets (V and Butch) for Easter and the girl at work that I started on the series is getting a BDB key chain for her birthday in a few weeks.

Can't say I've ever been this addicted to a book series.

Return to Top
#2005596 - 04/01/15 05:44 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm at 42% as of the end of my lunch hour.

Return to Top
#2005597 - 04/01/15 05:51 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Thoughts for those of us slackers who haven't made the time to start? Good, bad, indifferent??

Return to Top
#2005613 - 04/01/15 06:11 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** ItNeverEnds CRCM
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I'm at 62% after my lunch hour. So far so good but am reserving final judgment until I'm done. smile

Return to Top
#2005649 - 04/01/15 07:20 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
So far so good. I'm really enjoying Selena's story.

Return to Top
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11