Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#20054 - 06/07/02 07:35 PM Rates on telephone response machines
BKB Offline
100 Club
BKB
Midwest
Is there an out for full disclosure of credit advertisment triggered terms when giving an APR or otehr triggering term on a telephone response machine, which is available to the general public? Assume that the bank discloses triggering terms for both open end and closed end products.
I can't seem to find an exclusion for omitting triggered terms just because it is on a telephone response machine. In all prior lives, the banks never chose to put rates on this medium so I never worried about it.
Thanks!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#20055 - 06/07/02 07:42 PM Re: Rates on telephone response machines
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Sorry, but TIL offers no exemptions for any type of media. TISA does, but that is for APY's. If you trigger on the telephone response machine, you trigger everything.

Return to Top
#20056 - 06/07/02 09:16 PM Re: Rates on telephone response machines
Way Out West Offline
100 Club
Way Out West
San Francisco
David is correct -- telephone response systems are advertising under Reg Z. But remember, for what it's worth, stating the APR by itself, or the simple interest rate in conjunction with the APR, is not a triggering term for fixed-rate closed-end credit at least. So it is possible to put limited rate info out there with a minimum of other confusing legalese.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z