Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2005457 - 04/01/15 12:03 AM Structuring and Asset Forfeiture
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
Thought some of you might be interested in this article about structuring and asset forfeiture.

Structuring and Asset Forfeiture

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2005460 - 04/01/15 12:40 AM Re: Structuring and Asset Forfeiture Retread
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Previous thread launched by Retread. Apparently the Attorney General and the Commissioner of the IRS went to the same revival...they both got religion at about the same time.

Return to Top
#2005467 - 04/01/15 10:56 AM Re: Structuring and Asset Forfeiture Retread
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Just my opinion but should there be a provision for actual conviction of a crime relating to ML?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2005483 - 04/01/15 01:16 PM Re: Structuring and Asset Forfeiture Retread
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
It's not just your opinion, Ed. I completely agree that the current forfeiture practice misses this very important component of due process.

Return to Top
#2005505 - 04/01/15 02:05 PM Re: Structuring and Asset Forfeiture JacF
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
‘No, no!’ said the Queen. ‘Sentence first — verdict afterwards.’ The Queen of Hearts, Alice in Wonderland

Return to Top
#2044272 - 10/14/15 07:59 PM Re: Structuring and Asset Forfeiture Elwood P. Dowd
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Related Forbes Article that mentions curative legislation. I'll link it again the next time there's a thread on cashing checks payable to a business.

Return to Top
#2044274 - 10/14/15 08:04 PM Re: Structuring and Asset Forfeiture Elwood P. Dowd
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Related article that mentions remedial legislation. (Nobody can name laws like Republicans!)

I'll link it again the next time there's a thread on cashing checks payable to a business, but these geniuses actually deposited their business's cash receipts into their personal checking account. Right, no one would notice that and it would be incredibly hard for the IRS to figure out. Duh .

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z