Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2006511 - 04/07/15 01:23 PM Resignation Letters
hawksfan Offline
100 Club
Iowa/Illinois
Do you allow employees to email their written resignation or do you require the resignation to be printed and signed?
Thanks!

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2006514 - 04/07/15 01:33 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
If the employee doesn't quit the way the company wants would you try and make them keep working?

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2006534 - 04/07/15 02:08 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Originally Posted By hawksfan
Do you allow employees to email their written resignation or do you require the resignation to be printed and signed?
Thanks!

Honestly, I don't think it matters at this point.

Return to Top
#2006537 - 04/07/15 02:11 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
Either way.

Return to Top
#2006543 - 04/07/15 02:41 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I've known someone to quit via Post It note. If they don't want to be there, just let them go.

Return to Top
#2006737 - 04/08/15 01:40 PM Re: Resignation Letters Dazed Auditor
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By Dazed Auditor
I've known someone to quit via Post It note. If they don't want to be there, just let them go.

LOL 2X!!

Return to Top
#2006788 - 04/08/15 03:31 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Oh, for the good old days when tellers would resign by dropping their keys in the night drop, never to be seen again...

Return to Top
#2006792 - 04/08/15 03:39 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I remember those days. Had a teller come to interview and we hired her and she started on a Monday and dropped her keys off in the night drop on Wednesday. I thought I just about seen everything. However they resign, notate it, keep moving and find someone who wants to work.

Return to Top
#2008763 - 04/17/15 03:54 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
I had a woman leave for lunch one day and never return. She had asked if I wanted her to bring me anything and I've often wondered what would have happened if I'd asked for a sandwich.

Return to Top
#2008768 - 04/17/15 04:12 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Not certain how you could "make" a departing employee do anything, but don't understand why you would want to anyway.

Return to Top
#2009240 - 04/21/15 04:08 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Thanks!

no offense to you Hawks, but this makes me laugh (I had the same internal discussion with our HR about this less than 2 months ago)...so, if the employee does not submit the resignation in the proper "bank authorized" format, do you continue to pay them until they do? even if they are not showing up to work? after all, they haven't "officially" resigned, right?

Return to Top
#2009248 - 04/21/15 04:32 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Principle Reason for Resignation: Over-burdensome corporate policy requirements.

Please provide this document in triplicate and with original signatures.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2009270 - 04/21/15 05:27 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
el guapo Offline
Gold Star
el guapo
Thanks!

I tried to hand over my printed and signed (on company letterhead even!) resignation to my former HR department and they told me to go back to my desk and send it to them by email.

Return to Top
#2009314 - 04/21/15 07:23 PM Re: Resignation Letters el guapo
Peach Offline
100 Club
Peach
Out West
I can't believe they said that! I hope you didn't do that. My favorite is finding the hidey holes where past employees stashed stuff. oh like loan files...booze ect

Return to Top
#2009338 - 04/21/15 08:34 PM Re: Resignation Letters Peach
el guapo Offline
Gold Star
el guapo
Originally Posted By Peach
I can't believe they said that! I hope you didn't do that. My favorite is finding the hidey holes where past employees stashed stuff. oh like loan files...booze ect

I did, but I wanted to go out of my way to show that I wasn't leaving because of any issue with the company as a whole. And I also wanted to make sure they didn't make a mistake in paying out my 2 months of vacation that was accrued. I kept my booze on my desk so had no need to leave Easter eggs around the office. I remember one guy that was let go from our call center left behind a bag of pungent green herbal material and a pipe. Another operations person left behind a sizable collection of Maxim magazines all neatly organized in file folders.

Return to Top
#2009345 - 04/21/15 08:39 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I once had an employee that left a ton of nail clippings in their desk drawer...looked like they clipped their nails 9-10 times per day over an open drawer...for like 40 years...it was very nasty

Return to Top
#2009353 - 04/21/15 08:49 PM Re: Resignation Letters el guapo
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Originally Posted By el guapo
Originally Posted By Peach

I did, but I wanted to go out of my way to show that I wasn't leaving because of any issue with the company as a whole. And I also wanted to make sure they didn't make a mistake in paying out my 2 months of vacation that was accrued. I kept my booze on my desk so had no need to leave Easter eggs around the office. I remember one guy that was let go from our call center left behind a bag of pungent green herbal material and a pipe. Another operations person left behind a sizable collection of Maxim magazines all neatly organized in file folders.

So, what is the consensus on having a little swig at 4:30? I have my own office, does that mean I am entitled? I think working in Compliance should provide me that right.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2009368 - 04/21/15 09:26 PM Re: Resignation Letters Norman Paperman
el guapo Offline
Gold Star
el guapo
Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

So, what is the consensus on having a little swig at 4:30? I have my own office, does that mean I am entitled? I think working in Compliance should provide me that right.

Only on Fridays!

Return to Top
#2009405 - 04/22/15 12:46 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
former regional president used to have beers in his office every Friday starting at 4:30 PM, all employees were invited to join him, he purchased 2 cases per week, first come first served

Return to Top
#2010417 - 04/27/15 01:38 PM Re: Resignation Letters HappyGilmore
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
I once had an employee that left a ton of nail clippings in their desk drawer...looked like they clipped their nails 9-10 times per day over an open drawer...for like 40 years...it was very nasty

I wonder if this is what my next door neighbor is doing with his every Monday morning clipping fest!

Return to Top
#2010995 - 04/29/15 05:03 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
The following did not happen at my current bank.

We had a loan file clerk who did a great job - always caught up on filing. Until she quit and we found her desk was stuffed full of unfiled financial statements, letters, etc.

We had a new hire whose last name was Hooker. When she was introduced to the senior lender on her first day, he bust out laughing and said, "Hooker! Is your name really Hooker?" She went home at lunch and never came back.

Return to Top
#2011025 - 04/29/15 05:56 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Just a question if they do not resign in the appropriate fashion do you fire them and enable them to collect unemployment?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2011831 - 05/04/15 03:51 PM Re: Resignation Letters MyBrainHurts
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
We had a new hire whose last name was Hooker. When she was introduced to the senior lender on her first day, he bust out laughing and said, "Hooker! Is your name really Hooker?" She went home at lunch and never came back.

Bank I was at, there was a head teller - last name Crook. Asked her if she had ever been teased about her name. Very quick to respond. "I was never a Crook, until I married one."

Return to Top
#2011998 - 05/05/15 12:26 PM Re: Resignation Letters Rocky P
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
First bank I worked at the teller's name plates only used last names: Miss Jones, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Davis. Then we hired a single girl named Elaine Trust.

Immediate switch to first names on name plates only. laugh

Return to Top
#2012034 - 05/05/15 02:04 PM Re: Resignation Letters hawksfan
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry