Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2009363 - 04/21/15 09:07 PM Notice of Action Taken on Withdrawn Apps
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Humor me...Does anyone send a notice to borrowers who withdrawal their loan app? Your thoughts on doing so?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2009375 - 04/21/15 10:03 PM Re: Notice of Action Taken on Withdrawn Apps Mrs. Rizzo
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Many banks send those awful denial notices with an added box for withdrawn. Hate those.

In a high touch environment...private banking, commercial lending...it is common to send a letter acknowledging the withdrawal and reminding them to come to you with future needs.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2009378 - 04/21/15 10:38 PM Re: Notice of Action Taken on Withdrawn Apps Mrs. Rizzo
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I think it may also demonstrate to examiners that you're not just withdrawing the applications yourself....with no direction from the applicant. At my former bank, we prepared the notice out of the software because the notice is informative as to dates and reason for withdrawal, but we didn't sent to the applicants....just put in the files. At my current bank, we DO send the notices.

Return to Top
#2009428 - 04/22/15 02:20 PM Re: Notice of Action Taken on Withdrawn Apps Mrs. Rizzo
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Thank you ladies! I appreciate your feedback.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z