Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#201232 - 06/17/04 02:44 PM CRCM vs. CCBCO
EdOils Offline
Platinum Poster
EdOils
Louisiana
I am considering becoming certified in compliance and I know that both the ABA and the ICBA offer certifications. I would love to hear pros and cons from anyone who has one of these certifications. I'm not looking to start a rumble in the jungle (or Bloodshed in the Blog ), but any advice that you can offer would be helpful.
Do you have a CRCM or CCBCO?
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 06/17/04 04:00 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by EdOils; 06/17/04 03:56 PM.
Return to Top
General Discussion
#201233 - 06/17/04 02:57 PM Re: CRCM vs. CCBCO
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
If it helps ...I became a CCBCO in 1997 and then a CRCM in 2001. (You didn't have an option for both in your survey.)The test for CRCM was more challenging. In my experience the CCBCO concentrates more on consumer compliance rather than regulatory and consumer compliance (this may have changed since 1997)

For what it is worth ...

Return to Top
#201234 - 06/17/04 04:00 PM Re: CRCM vs. CCBCO
EdOils Offline
Platinum Poster
EdOils
Louisiana
Thanks for the info. Sorry about the survey not letting you choose both. I tried to edit it, but I'm not sure of how to do it. Anyway, if you have both, please say so in the thread. Thanks!

Return to Top
#201235 - 06/17/04 04:34 PM Re: CRCM vs. CCBCO
Anonymous
Unregistered

The CCBCO is somewhat equivalent to the ABA Compliance School. It gets you up and running and you get a designation. It is also less expensive, but less thorough than the ABA school would be. CRCM is more an advanced compliance degree and takes alot more work to study for. I tend to think of CRCM as a doctorate of compliance. The ICBA Program does offer regulatory training - I went in 2000. ACB offers a "CCCO" which is a Consumer Compliance Designation.

Return to Top
#201236 - 06/17/04 04:37 PM Re: CRCM vs. CCBCO
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I will say that in talking with more and more headhunters, they want candidates with the CRCM designation.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top