Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 24 of 48 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 47 48
Thread Options
#2031779 - 08/05/15 02:51 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Poor Pat, he needs to be told there is medications for that problem.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2031785 - 08/05/15 02:58 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By edAudit
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/...QN5L/story.html

While it appears true that on one gauge the Colts balls were underinflated on 3 balls the Pats balls were underinflated on BOTH gages.

Source Boston Globe.
But the Colts balls also started out at a higher pressure than the Patriots balls. And the Colts balls were used less (and therefore subjected less to the elements) in the 1st half than the Patriots balls. And the Colts balls sat in the warm locker room increasing in pressure during the whole time the Patriots balls were being tested, retested, and filled. And which gauge was it that the referee used before the game? Oh, yeah, we don't know, do we? But we can certainly ignore what that referee says is his best recollection since that certainly doesn't fit the desired outcome.

Return to Top
#2031787 - 08/05/15 03:03 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Troy Vincent also admitted in this appeal that the policy under which the disciplinary action was taken is not a policy that is given to players. Could be a bad sign for those hoping for suspension to be upheld.

Why it is not in the contract that it need to be given.
Because it's historically a policy that has only applied to teams and league officials, not to players.

Return to Top
#2031799 - 08/05/15 03:26 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I bet Brady texts a whole lot less on his new phone.

Return to Top
#2031819 - 08/05/15 03:58 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

While it appears true that on one gauge the Colts balls were underinflated on 3 balls the Pats balls were underinflated on BOTH gages.

Source Boston Globe.
But the Colts balls also started out at a higher pressure than the Patriots balls. And the Colts balls were used less (and therefore subjected less to the elements) in the 1st half than the Patriots balls. And the Colts balls sat in the warm locker room increasing in pressure during the whole time the Patriots balls were being tested, retested, and filled. And which gauge was it that the referee used before the game? Oh, yeah, we don't know, do we? But we can certainly ignore what that referee says is his best recollection since that certainly doesn't fit the desired outcome.

Man this defense is laughable. So when a team plays they keep all the balls except the ball used in the locker room. False! Were the Colt's balls tested in the locker room and the NE balls tested on the field next to some cold ice. False! Both sets of balls were exposed to almost identical conditions when tested. If you do not believe they were, I suppose you could submit this miracle information to the league who is largely unaware that the Colt's keep their balls in conditions that violate league rules.

You are getting desperate.

No matter what science you want to bring to up to try and claim your team did not cheat, you still have to wrestle with the fact that there are texts between Brady and the deflator and other texts between the deflator and others that seem to suggest that the deflator knows what he is doing, that Brady is somehow aware, and that things of value are being traded. Then you have to wrestle with the fact that TB was not cooperative in the investigation. Then he had is phone destroyed. These are not the actions of innocent people.
Last edited by Sound Tactic; 08/05/15 03:59 PM.

Return to Top
#2031838 - 08/05/15 04:26 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Suggests, generally aware, should have known...blah blah blah.

Return to Top
#2031843 - 08/05/15 04:44 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
"I've never seen such devotion in a droid before."

Return to Top
#2031844 - 08/05/15 04:44 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) Sound Tactic
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By Sound Tactic

Source Boston Globe.

Man this defense is laughable. So when a team plays they keep all the balls except the ball used in the locker room. False! Were the Colt's balls tested in the locker room and the NE balls tested on the field next to some cold ice. False! Both sets of balls were exposed to almost identical conditions when tested. If you do not believe they were, I suppose you could submit this miracle information to the league who is largely unaware that the Colt's keep their balls in conditions that violate league rules.
Where did I say they keep all the balls not being used in the locker room? I said exposed to the elements. It was widely reported that the Colts kept their sideline balls in a plastic bag on the sidelines when not in use. This keeps them dry (part of the Ideal Gas Law involves moisture) and somewhat insulated. You also completely blow by the fact that the Colts balls sat for at least some period of time in the warm locker room at halftime before they were tested - at least long enough for the Patriots balls to have been tested twice, and refilled with air. You don't think that would have any impact on their air pressure. You sound like someone who just doesn't want to accept that there is science involved. Troy Vincent admitted in his appeal testimony (don't keep coming at me calling me delusional and desperate if you aren't willing to do some basic reading) that neither he, nor anyone else who formed initial conclusions that there must be something going on to warrant further investigation ever considered the Ideal Gas Law or any effect at all of the elements on ball pressure. If they had, it probably would have been a very different handling of the situation, because everyone who takes a realistic look at the data cannot deny that there are enough holes resulting from the lack of recording of key factors such as time, temperature, which gauge was used, etc. to disallow any conclusion to be drawn from the data.

By the way, there are very credible answers addressing the text messaging in the appeal hearing testimony. Goes way beyond just saying that the "deflator" comment could have been referring to weight loss. You should really take the time to read the transcript. Or just keep blind hating.

Return to Top
#2031859 - 08/05/15 05:10 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Flyboy, you are not going to suggest the nickname "deflator" was due to the attendant losing body weight, are you?

Return to Top
#2031861 - 08/05/15 05:12 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I watched that game and I honestly can't believe that any of this effected the end result. I'm not sure how having under inflated footballs on the Patriots offense prevented the Colts from scoring. If the footballs were re-inflated at half time maybe it actually helped the Patriots since they scored 28 unanswered points in the second half. Did they cheat? Who knows, sounds like there is a lack of anything but circumstantial evidence to prove it. Will Goodell give in, not likely.

One thing is for certain, as long as a few posters in here still have sticks to stir this pot and whips to beat this dead horse, they will because they enjoy arguing and trying to get under the skin of a few other posters.

Return to Top
#2031866 - 08/05/15 05:21 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
It is not just about one game (if it did or did not we will never know it could have resulted in a turnover on first possession) but it did effect the previous game (small margin victory in poor weather for gripping the ball) and as this has been going on all season...

With proper inflation during the ravens game they may not have even been there playing the colts and it would be a issue for next year.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031867 - 08/05/15 05:26 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
On February 17, 2015, ESPN reporter Kelly Naqi reported that a Patriots ball attendant, Jim McNally, had tried "to introduce an unauthorized football"—lacking the markings found on approved footballs—into the game during the first half.[59] That initial report did not indicate why or exactly when this happened, but did state that Kensil went to the officials' locker room at halftime to inspect the game balls, "in part because of the suspicions McNally's actions raised." Naqi later led a report on ESPN's program Outside the Lines, in which she interviewed an Indianapolis-based ex-referee who claimed that NFL officials had been "aware" of McNally for years and had raised concerns about him. This football was a "'K' ball", one of the footballs used for special teams plays.

Naqi's report was immediately contradicted by another ESPN reporter, Adam Schefter.[60] Schefter's report cited sources stating that a "K" ball had gone missing, and that an NFL employee in charge of collecting game footballs for charity had handed the unmarked ball to McNally. Those sources also claimed that that NFL employee was fired after the game, as he had been taking footballs intended for charity and selling them at a profit "over a period of time".[61]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflategate

it has all been discussed to death so I will just post wiki

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031869 - 08/05/15 05:29 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft says his team provided NFL investigators with coach Bill Belichick's cellphone as it looked into whether Tom Brady or others improperly tampered with footballs used in the playoffs last season.

Kraft said Wednesday that the Patriots provided the NFL with every cellphone requested from team employees who weren't a part of the NFL players' union.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell cited the phone as a key reason why he upheld a four-game suspension for Brady for using underinflated footballs in the AFC championship against the Colts.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/29659...cks-cell-to-nfl

So we can assume that the coach did not (at least) text directions to deflate the balls.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031871 - 08/05/15 05:33 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Let us just say how many of us will still be working for our current employer if we did not cooperate with a regulator request for information?

I do not think we would just be suspended for 4 days.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031889 - 08/05/15 06:20 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Let us just say how many of us will still be working for our current employer if we did not cooperate with a regulator request for information?

I do not think we would just be suspended for 4 days.
Apples and Oranges. The NFL is not a regulator. And the players belong to a union. If a bank employee's holding company CEO asked for the employee's cell phone, and the employee belonged to a union, and the union and company hadn't agreed that the employee would be required to turn over his phone on request, then I think the union would certainly fight efforts from the employer to punish the employee for that failure.

Return to Top
#2031890 - 08/05/15 06:22 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
It is not just about one game (if it did or did not we will never know it could have resulted in a turnover on first possession) but it did effect the previous game (small margin victory in poor weather for gripping the ball) and as this has been going on all season...

With proper inflation during the ravens game they may not have even been there playing the colts and it would be a issue for next year.
Where on earth is there any shred of evidence that the balls were under inflated for the Ravens game?

Return to Top
#2031927 - 08/05/15 07:43 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
On February 17, 2015, ESPN reporter Kelly Naqi reported that a Patriots ball attendant, Jim McNally, had tried "to introduce an unauthorized football"—lacking the markings found on approved footballs—into the game during the first half.[59] That initial report did not indicate why or exactly when this happened, but did state that Kensil went to the officials' locker room at halftime to inspect the game balls, "in part because of the suspicions McNally's actions raised." Naqi later led a report on ESPN's program Outside the Lines, in which she interviewed an Indianapolis-based ex-referee who claimed that NFL officials had been "aware" of McNally for years and had raised concerns about him. This football was a "'K' ball", one of the footballs used for special teams plays.

Naqi's report was immediately contradicted by another ESPN reporter, Adam Schefter.[60] Schefter's report cited sources stating that a "K" ball had gone missing, and that an NFL employee in charge of collecting game footballs for charity had handed the unmarked ball to McNally. Those sources also claimed that that NFL employee was fired after the game, as he had been taking footballs intended for charity and selling them at a profit "over a period of time".[61]

I see your conspiracy and raise you:

From cssne.com:

Kelly Naqi is the spouse of Hussain Naqi, a former league office employee from 1998 to 2002 who has kept up his strong Park Avenue ties through his present job as an executive for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Prior to working in the NFL offices, Hussain Naqi was as a paralegal for Covington & Burling, a Washington, D.C.-based law firm that has represented the NFL in different matters over the years, including the 2010 lawsuit brought by suspended Saints players in the wake of Bountygate suspensions. Former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue is a partner at the firm.

More recently, Hussain Naqi worked for the New Meadowlands Stadium Company in East Rutherford, N.J. There, he served as Vice President of Business Planning and General Counsel at MetLife Stadium, the home of the Jets and Giants. Naqi would have worked closely with the league office on all the logistics for Super Bowl 48. The man in charge of “running” the Super Bowl for the NFL is its Vice President of Game Operations. He would speak to Naqi a lot. His name is Mike Kensil.

Just because Kelly Naqi’s spouse worked for and with the NFL for much of his career shouldn’t preclude her from reporting on the league.

But in a story this explosive, the lines of battle between the NFL and one of its member franchises are clearly drawn. It’s the NFL vs. The New England Patriots.

An investigative report from someone whose spouse has been closely aligned with the NFL for much of his professional life is going to raise suspicions that the league just keeps dropping nuggets and undermining the integrity of the process.

It’s Kelly Naqi’s job to ask knowledgeable sources for information about the Deflategate investigation. Her integrity isn’t in question.

It’s the integrity of the respondents -- and from whom they draw their paycheck -- that’s the bigger concern.

Return to Top
#2031941 - 08/05/15 08:03 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The NFL is not a regulator. but they are as agreed to by contract.

And the players belong to a union. who agreed in same contract to cooperate with investigations and not stonewall.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031945 - 08/05/15 08:06 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By TB 12

I see your conspiracy and raise you:

From cssne.com:

Kelly Naqi is the spouse of Hussain Naqi, a former league office employee from 1998 to 2002 who has kept up his strong Park Avenue ties through his present job as an executive for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Prior to working in the NFL offices, Hussain Naqi was as a paralegal for Covington & Burling, a Washington, D.C.-based law firm that has represented the NFL in different matters over the years, including the 2010 lawsuit brought by suspended Saints players in the wake of Bountygate suspensions. Former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue is a partner at the firm.

More recently, Hussain Naqi worked for the New Meadowlands Stadium Company in East Rutherford, N.J. There, he served as Vice President of Business Planning and General Counsel at MetLife Stadium, the home of the Jets and Giants. Naqi would have worked closely with the league office on all the logistics for Super Bowl 48. The man in charge of “running” the Super Bowl for the NFL is its Vice President of Game Operations. He would speak to Naqi a lot. His name is Mike Kensil.

Just because Kelly Naqi’s spouse worked for and with the NFL for much of his career shouldn’t preclude her from reporting on the league.

But in a story this explosive, the lines of battle between the NFL and one of its member franchises are clearly drawn. It’s the NFL vs. The New England Patriots.

An investigative report from someone whose spouse has been closely aligned with the NFL for much of his professional life is going to raise suspicions that the league just keeps dropping nuggets and undermining the integrity of the process.

It’s Kelly Naqi’s job to ask knowledgeable sources for information about the Deflategate investigation. Her integrity isn’t in question.

It’s the integrity of the respondents -- and from whom they draw their paycheck -- that’s the bigger concern.

Now we are questioning the integrity of the reporter because the spouse worked for the NFL 13 years prior to this mess and not Brady?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031946 - 08/05/15 08:07 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

Where on earth is there any shred of evidence that the balls were under inflated for the Ravens game?

The coach of the ravens broth this to the attention of the colts as per the latest whine by the players assoc.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031958 - 08/05/15 08:27 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro

The coach of the ravens broth this to the attention of the colts as per the latest whine by the players assoc.

Or did they....

snip from:http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/08/05/ravens-deny-tipping-colts-off-on-deflated-footballs-there-was-no-conversation-regarding-footballs/

Ravens deny tipping off Colts on Patriots’ deflation: ‘There was no conversation regarding footballs’

From the Ravens:

Prior to the AFC Championship game, no one from the Ravens talked to the Colts about deflated footballs. We knew nothing of deflated footballs. John Harbaugh has been consistent in his answers to reporters about this since he was first asked on NBC-TV at the Super Bowl.

Return to Top
#2031961 - 08/05/15 08:33 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Last edited by edAudit; 08/05/15 08:34 PM.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031964 - 08/05/15 08:38 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Someone is lying. My post above is from the Ravens.

Ban the Ravens!
Last edited by TB 12; 08/05/15 08:39 PM.

Return to Top
#2031965 - 08/05/15 08:39 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Someone is lying.

Most likely Brady

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031969 - 08/05/15 08:49 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Yes. Based on the conclusive evidence. :sarcasm:

KILL HIM

Return to Top
Page 24 of 48 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 47 48