Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 48 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 47 48
Thread Options
#2013520 - 05/12/15 02:57 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
My point is that there are flaws to the data so you don't get to pick and choose which parts of the data you believe. So let's say that deliberate deflation did occur. If you accept that Walt Coleman says every single Patriots ball was at 12.5 before the game, and if you accept that weather causes the pressure to drop in all of the balls, to an scientifically expected 11.5 - 11.32 range, how do you explain the 12.3 psi ball? Was Coleman wrong? Was at least one ball over 12.5 to start the game? Did McNally add air to that particular ball? Or is it possible that the whole process of checking pressure before the game and checking pressure at halftime was so filled with flaws that it invalidates all of the pressure data?

I'll stick with "ghosts are responsible" unless the Al Gore study proves otherwise

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2013521 - 05/12/15 02:58 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By edAudit
That would be the reason that they let Manning and Brady dictate the stupid rule in the first place.

Yet another point of agreement. Although it wasn't just Brady and Manning. They were the spokespeople for a lot of other QBs who also were vocal in wanting the change. If the condition, including the pressure, is important to the league, then the league should control the balls. If the condition, including the pressure isn't important, then why have the rule to begin with.

Ed, you and I will have to get together at some point and verbally debate this over a couple of adult beverages. I think I would enjoy that very much.

Return to Top
#2013525 - 05/12/15 03:01 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
My point is that there are flaws to the data so you don't get to pick and choose which parts of the data you believe. So let's say that deliberate deflation did occur. If you accept that Walt Coleman says every single Patriots ball was at 12.5 before the game, and if you accept that weather causes the pressure to drop in all of the balls, to an scientifically expected 11.5 - 11.32 range, how do you explain the 12.3 psi ball? Was Coleman wrong? Was at least one ball over 12.5 to start the game? Did McNally add air to that particular ball? Or is it possible that the whole process of checking pressure before the game and checking pressure at halftime was so filled with flaws that it invalidates all of the pressure data?

I'll stick with "ghosts are responsible" unless the Al Gore study proves otherwise

To properly decide Mr. Gore will need to have scientist check the pressure in the balls in Miami and Tampa bay (tie breaker goes to Denver) to determine the appropriated pressure of the balls in N England then he will preside over a commission that will sell credits from the underinflated balls to the overinflated balls receiving a commission on each transaction.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013527 - 05/12/15 03:02 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By edAudit
That would be the reason that they let Manning and Brady dictate the stupid rule in the first place.

Yet another point of agreement. Although it wasn't just Brady and Manning. They were the spokespeople for a lot of other QBs who also were vocal in wanting the change. If the condition, including the pressure, is important to the league, then the league should control the balls. If the condition, including the pressure isn't important, then why have the rule to begin with.

Ed, you and I will have to get together at some point and verbally debate this over a couple of adult beverages. I think I would enjoy that very much.

A beer summit I am in. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013530 - 05/12/15 03:09 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I will also think that the Pats will do well in the first four games without brady. They do not face the Colts until game 5 (four game suspension and not five? Hmmm.

Then the Jets and Miami (the jets are much improved in defense so they will need a quality QB but can use a local HS or JHSs defense against the Offence.)

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013534 - 05/12/15 03:30 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
If this penalty isn't spelled out in the collective bargaining agreement, then the players association will appeal the penalty on Brady's behalf, as they did with Rice, and Peterson and get the penalty reduced or eliminated.

Return to Top
#2013546 - 05/12/15 04:04 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) DD Regs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I think it's pretty obvious.

The only sufficient penalty is that Brady's right hand should be chopped off...........just like the Kingslayer

Return to Top
#2013602 - 05/12/15 06:34 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I kept calling the referee Walt Coleman in my earlier posts today. Got my NFL referee Walts mixed up. The referee in questions is Walt Anderson, not Walt Coleman. Just trying to be accurate (not necessarily a hallmark of the NFL).

Return to Top
#2013606 - 05/12/15 06:36 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
no one here is concerned with accuracy, clearly

Return to Top
#2013674 - 05/12/15 09:34 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013675 - 05/12/15 09:37 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
So it now appears that the Wells report cost more than the fine.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013732 - 05/13/15 02:37 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
a "go fund me" account has been set up for fans of the Cheatriots to pay the $1mm...of course, the NFL has rules against this (not that the Cheatriots have ever played by other rules that are in place)

Return to Top
#2013736 - 05/13/15 02:45 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
I can't generate much desire to care about anything the NFL does but Cheatriots has a nice ring to it. Is that original to you, Happy? Maybe it'll catch on in media and you can take the credit.

Return to Top
#2013748 - 05/13/15 03:00 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
just popped into my head...like so many other random thoughts to...

Return to Top
#2013762 - 05/13/15 03:22 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
#ONENANA Offline
New Poster
Texas Girl
Snap out of it Happy!

Return to Top
#2013763 - 05/13/15 03:25 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
One good thing to come out of all of this is that the NFL will have two starting QBs from my alma mater, Eastern Illinois University, Romo and Garoppolo.

Return to Top
#2013764 - 05/13/15 03:26 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
PrimeTime Offline
100 Club
PrimeTime
Perhaps some Haterade should be served wink

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013818 - 05/13/15 05:14 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) PrimeTime
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By PrimeTime
Perhaps some Haterade should be served wink

not a fan or season ticket holder of the Cheatriots, so no need for me to drink any haterade...

Return to Top
#2013867 - 05/13/15 06:23 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled

Return to Top
#2013868 - 05/13/15 06:23 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://nypost.com/2015/05/13/brady-used-deflated-footballs-back-in-2004-opposing-qb/

Brady used deflated footballs back in 2004: opposing QB

Yes, it is from a NY Paper

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013892 - 05/13/15 07:07 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
hmmm...so we saw a poster comment earlier that the Cheatriots have been at the top of the league for the past 10 years...now we have a news story from a former QB that details cheating *gasp* 10 years ago...hmmm...coincidence?

Return to Top
#2013894 - 05/13/15 07:10 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
That is a terrible thing to say 10 years ago it may not have been cheating he could have simply bribed the ball boy.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013913 - 05/13/15 07:43 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Happy, I said 15 years. And just because A.J. Feeley says today that it happened 11 years ago doesn't prove anything happened 11 years ago. Why is he just now bringing it up? Brad Johnson admits to scuffing his balls up in 2002. Where is the outrage? Aaron Rodgers admits liking his balls to be over the 13.5 psi. Where is the outrage? Fact is, PSI has been in the rule book since at least the 1940's but has never been something the NFL even paid close attention to until it decided to make an example of the Patriots. Even as late as last season when both the Panthers and Vikings were televised heating balls on the sidelines during a particularly frigid game, the league simply told them to stop doing that. Where is the outrage?

Return to Top
#2013916 - 05/13/15 07:47 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
PrimeTime Offline
100 Club
PrimeTime
Didn't Trent Dilfer state on an ESPN analysis of the whole event that literally every quarterback has a routine with the balls each week (my goodness that sounds bad)in which they do various things to them (this is getting worse) in order to enhance their play? I recall him stating that whether it's shaving, softening, etc. every quarterback in the NFL now, then, forever, has a routine in which they attempt to alter the ball in some way shape or form.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013919 - 05/13/15 07:49 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
And by the way, the Cheatriots thing is definitely not original. Urban Dictionary from 2007: www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheatriots In fact, it's pretty old and worn out by now.
And aren't the Saints guilty of some "cheating" themselves in their recent past? And how about the Falcons and Browns. And didn't the Seahawks have a lot of issues with PEDs? And how about salary cap cheating by the Broncos? And..And..And..

Sure, the "everyone does it" doesn't make it right. But you'd be hard pressed to find a team in competitive sports that hasn't tripped up on rules violations in some form or another by intentionally trying to find a competitive edge.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 48 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 47 48