Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 48 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 47 48
Thread Options
#2012642 - 05/06/15 10:14 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
I suppose those who were on here vehemently denying any cheating by the Patriots will be offering apologies and buying round of drinks in the virtual cooler this Friday... eek

Not yet. A smart man once told me (jokerman) that admitting you are wrong is too hard of a pill for some to swallow. After hearing more about the report Brady should be banned from the NFL. He no doubt knew it, provided monetary reward (or things of value), and no one knows if he did it his entire career. The text messages tell too much information for Brady to deny it.

1) He broke the rules.
2) He knew he was breaking the rules.
3) He did so because he felt it gave him an advantage (probably did because of his female hands).
4) He attempted to cover it up.
5) He denied it and was not forthcoming with investigators.

The punishment for such a NFL rule violation should be massive and permanent.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2012651 - 05/06/15 10:49 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Sound Tactic
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Originally Posted By Sound Tactic
provided monetary reward (or things of value)

Sounds like we have a RESPA section 8 kickback violation to me

Return to Top
#2012655 - 05/06/15 11:22 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I've been one of the most ardent Patriots supporters and I've already said how disappointed I am at this. Do I believe there was widespread rampant cheating? No. Do I believe Brady is involved? Absolutely. Not much respect for Brady at this point from me.

Return to Top
#2012679 - 05/07/15 01:12 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
no need to suspend the 2 equipment guys after reading the e-mails it appears no way that the Patriots will keep them.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012705 - 05/07/15 02:31 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I have been in Brady's corner too, given his college, but this goes beyond the old Pale.

Return to Top
#2012716 - 05/07/15 02:47 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I liked Brady and thought he was a good QB. However this cheating scandal is enough to make me hope he retires. And quickly.

Does anyone think this will keep him out of the HOF?

Return to Top
#2012732 - 05/07/15 03:18 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
nope he is the golden boy

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012740 - 05/07/15 03:38 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
A story is out that he may get a year suspension. Others say 2 games.

Return to Top
#2012763 - 05/07/15 04:32 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
2 preseason games...

Return to Top
#2012772 - 05/07/15 04:50 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
To be honest I was pretty sure all along that Belichek was culpable and I still think he may be. That said, after seeing the report I think that B may not be as culpable as I had previously thought. I figured Brady liked the balls on the small side and figured that he bent the rules but not by letting air out of the balls.

I think this hurts Brady's integrity and (although I had joked about it), I think small balls can give a team an advantage if your hands are smaller or maybe your grip strength is less than normal. It also helps reduce the number of fumbles (which is why I thought B had something to do with it).

Brady is one of the best game managers and decision makers playing QB that has ever played. He is not the best thrower, but when you play smart you don't need to be the best thrower. He did not need to deflate balls to be great. That said, as far as I am concerned this causes me to question anything he has ever done.

What I think speaks volumes is flyboy's responses. Obviously flyboy can be a fan and still know what is right and wrong. That is a rare commodity with today's sports fans, and I commend him for that. We have even witnessed it on our forums as some posters defended an obviously guilty Manziel and an obviously guilty Penn State program. Being able to separate fandom and good judgement can be difficult.

I think Brady should receive a lifetime ban. What he did put the integrity of the game into question.

Return to Top
#2012779 - 05/07/15 05:03 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://247wallst.com/media/2015/05/07/what-will-happen-to-tom-brady-endorsement-deals/

Depending on the source, Tom Brady has as many as a half a dozen huge endorsement deals. Will he face the same problem Tiger Woods did after his scandal? Woods lost high-profile deals with AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) and management consulting firm Accenture PLC (NYSE: ACN). The losses cost him millions. Brady’s “deflategate” scandal could put him in the same position as the world’s great golfer.

Brady’s endorsements include Uggs, Under Armour Inc. (NYSE: UA), Wheaties and Movado Group Inc. (NYSE: MOV), according to the TSM Plug sports site and other sources. Depending on the contracts, some may have morals clauses, and punishment by the NFL may allow the sponsors to walk away.

Read more: What Will Happen to Tom Brady's Endorsement Deals? - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/media/2015/05/07/what-will-happen-to-tom-brady-endorsement-deals/#ixzz3ZTOU7Jfb
Follow us: @247wallst on Twitter | 247wallst on Facebook

why would you compare him to Woods?

Woods did not cheat in golf (just his wife)

Brady is still on the top of his game while woods was stating to fade.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012795 - 05/07/15 05:41 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
What Brady did was not much different that what major league baseball pitchers have been doing to doctor balls since the game began.

There are no lifetime or endorsement repucussions for the pitchers. Most likely will not be for Brady either, or the team for that matter.

This is small stuff. Fine 'em and move on. Brady should be ashamed and admit he lied while being in cahoots with the equipment guys.

Return to Top
#2012800 - 05/07/15 05:50 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
but in baseball it is an expectation that the pitchers cheat it adds some sort of excitement to the game and gives the writers something to write about. a better analogy would be a corked bat though.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012806 - 05/07/15 05:58 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Vegas pulled betting on the Pats 1st regular season game, or did I read that wrong. Seems they think he will get kicked from at least one regular game.

Return to Top
#2012837 - 05/07/15 07:02 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
PrimeTime Offline
100 Club
PrimeTime
So when cheating happens in baseball it's expected and exciting, but in any other sport it's not? To that point, isn't this doing the same exact thing? The writers are having an absolute field day with this stuff because the "facts" are changing with the wind.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012860 - 05/07/15 08:13 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
So when cheating happens in baseball it's expected and exciting, but in any other sport it's not?

not exactly if soccer flopping is part of the game and in effect cheating.

Football use all the steroids you wish a month prior to training camp and that is all good.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012872 - 05/07/15 08:36 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
I've been one of the most ardent Patriots supporters and I've already said how disappointed I am at this. Do I believe there was widespread rampant cheating? No. Do I believe Brady is involved? Absolutely. Not much respect for Brady at this point from me.

Ditto

Return to Top
#2012878 - 05/07/15 08:45 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
to the ardent Patriots supporters do you really believe that Belechik did not know about this.

This is a real question as such I will not reply to your response one way or the other.

I personally do not believe that much gets by him.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012880 - 05/07/15 08:52 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
PrimeTime Offline
100 Club
PrimeTime
Personally, if I were a player, and trying to cheat, am I going to tell my coach? Probably not because he might try to stop me. But I also don't play professional sports.

That being said, Jim Boeheim's situation with Syracuse was one in which it was going on below him and he was aware of it and didn't do anything, same with Paterno (although both of those are completely different types of violations, I'm just saying that in all 3 instances the head coach was aware of a form of wrongdoing by someone below him in the organization.) Head coaches are aware of EVERYTHING at some level, so he had to have known.

At the end of the day knowing Brady and Belichik's relationship, if something truly did happen, Bill knew. And past situations make it extremely hard to say that he didn't know, fan or not.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2012884 - 05/07/15 08:58 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I would say no for the following reason. In the press conference back in January, Belechik pretty much threw Brady under the bus when he told reporters that Tom would need to discuss his preferences as to how he liked the balls to be inflated. He never responds in that manner. JMHO.

Return to Top
#2013058 - 05/08/15 06:24 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I think Belichick has worked hard to be able to maintain "plausible deniability" on this.

Return to Top
#2013059 - 05/08/15 06:25 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I don't think Robert Kraft knew any of this, though.

Return to Top
#2013360 - 05/11/15 08:50 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
The more I'm reading, the more I'm backing off my earlier comments and still thinking there is a frameup going on here. Read here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/10/pressure-gauge-discrepancies-undermine-wells-report/

and here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ce-of-evidence/

Both discussions highlight how the methodology under which the NFL handled this invalidates any credibility to the findings. To get to the "more likely than not" scenario, you have to say that Referee Walt Coleman more likely than not doesn't correctly remember which gauge he used to measure the balls before the game.

Text messages can be explained through events such as one game where the referees had them playing with a ball overinflated to 16 psi and Brady not wanting that to happen again.

Maybe I haven't lost respect for Brady after all.
Last edited by BeechFlyboy; 05/11/15 08:52 PM.

Return to Top
#2013362 - 05/11/15 09:11 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
did the "Deflator" Play with the ball without bradys knowledge for over a year?

http://deadspin.com/the-hilarious-brady-bashing-texts-sent-by-the-pats-bal-1702598756

Yes, it was a poor excuse for an investigation but what did you expect?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013363 - 05/11/15 09:17 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 8 of 48 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 47 48