Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 48 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 47 48
Thread Options
#1998372 - 02/26/15 04:22 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Pale Rider
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
How was it that the Patriots were your average 1.6 to 1.8-fumble-per-game football team 1999-2006 and by 2007 not a single Patriot running back fumbled on a running play...as in NO rushing fumbles all season long...stretching into the post-season for all three playoff games as well? (And then that type of fumble-free patterns stretched not only three extra games, but eight YEARS!)
Where are you getting these statistics? ESPN season rushing stats for 2007 - http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingFumbles/year/2007 - show the Patriots had 2 fumbles with one lost in '07. So did KC. Indy only had one rushing fumble that year. Must all have been cheating. Go toward through eight years, I can find no season in which Patriots didn't have any rushing fumbles. In fact, in no season except 2014 did they even lead the league in fewest fumbles. In fact, in 2013 they were tied for 5th most rushing fumbles. And in 2014, they led the league, but we're tied by the Giants who must also have been cheating.

One explanation for a reduction in rushing fumbles might be a change in how the process is coached. Belichick is notorious for benching running backs who fumble. In practice, he does things like soak the balls in buckets of ice water to challenge the running backs to hang on to the ball. They draft and sign running backs with ball control as a key measurement criteria. Those that want to see cheating will see cheating. But there are a myriad of non-cheating possibilities here.

Like Sox, I've never argued that the Patriots broke the rule on where you could videotape. They were punished for that and have moved on from that. Show me evidence that they manipulated the air in the footballs, and I'll be first in line to say they should be punished for that too.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1998413 - 02/26/15 05:46 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Sinatra Fan
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan
Those statistics might be helpful in this discussion.

clearly you have not been paying attention to this thread...we aren't looking for anything helpful...just hyping that cheater myth!:o

Return to Top
#1998419 - 02/26/15 05:57 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Yeah, I know. I just like to be contrarian sometimes. smile

Return to Top
#2006593 - 04/07/15 04:48 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-tests-is-easy/

is it that easy to beat the NFL?

do not wish to start the Patriot mess (the team is incidental) but if someone stupid enough to be in Hernandez situations can beat the system what on earth is the smarter NFLers doing?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2007174 - 04/09/15 06:34 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
No question it's that easy to beat the NFL marijuana testing. It's a joke unless you're in the substance abuse program, then it becomes much harder to beat.

Return to Top
#2010790 - 04/28/15 07:50 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
one down (no draft pick issue)

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/j...evis-1.10343060

The Jets were fined $100,000 by the NFL for the December comments made by the team's owner about Darrelle Revis, according to a source. At the time, Revis was a member of the New England Patriots, but it didn't stop Johnson from expressing his desire to reunite with Revis.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2010863 - 04/29/15 12:41 AM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By edAudit
one down (no draft pick issue)

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/j...evis-1.10343060

The Jets were fined $100,000 by the NFL for the December comments made by the team's owner about Darrelle Revis, according to a source. At the time, Revis was a member of the New England Patriots, but it didn't stop Johnson from expressing his desire to reunite with Revis.
And the Patriots were fined NOTHING in the counterclaim tampering charges leveled against Robert Kraft by the Jets.

Return to Top
#2010871 - 04/29/15 10:40 AM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Why is that when Kraft did the exact thing?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2010872 - 04/29/15 10:44 AM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-jets-fined-100k-nfl-tampering-183208522--nfl.html

Kind of hard to find a non-ny or boston article that is not slanted

CAMS

Return to Top
#2010889 - 04/29/15 12:57 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Woody Johnson said "If I had known I could have signed him for what he signed with the Patriots for, I would have done it." That was blatant tampering. All Kraft said was "I wish he was still with us."

Return to Top
#2010890 - 04/29/15 12:59 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro

Kraft is the man behind the curtain..

MUWAHAHAHAHA

Return to Top
#2010894 - 04/29/15 01:09 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Pretty fine line on the tampering

the entire tampering rule should be tossed along with a lot of NFl rules

CAMS

Return to Top
#2010896 - 04/29/15 01:11 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I switched my brand of macaroni and cheese to Vevleeta from Kraft, I refuse to help that cheater make any more money...all other cheese is now Borden or Sargento, our house is Kraft free...if only the NFL were...

Return to Top
#2010897 - 04/29/15 01:11 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree that the rule is foolish. However, it is clear what Woody Johnson said is completely different than what Kraft said.

Return to Top
#2010898 - 04/29/15 01:12 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
"I speak as a fan of the New England Patriots, we wanted to keep him."

CAMS

Return to Top
#2010899 - 04/29/15 01:12 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
$100,000? that's the beer revenue from one game from one concession stand, drop in the bucket. But likely gives the NFL as sense of accomplishment.

Return to Top
#2010906 - 04/29/15 01:20 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
all kidding aside...the NFL system of fines is so arbitrary and seemingly has no foundation or merit to many decisions. Issues that look identical to many see great differences in punishment, if punishment is even meted out. Take the NO Saints "bounty-gate" as an example. Coach, GM, and several assistant coaches had bans of up to 1 year. 4 players also had bans, but appealed, and won on appeal that the NFL had no proof so the bans were overturned. Yet, the same NFL also refused to repeal the bans on the coaches and GM, who were punished with the same evidence the NFL said was non-existent for the players.

makes no sense at all.

Return to Top
#2010907 - 04/29/15 01:23 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
I switched my brand of macaroni and cheese to Vevleeta from Kraft, I refuse to help that cheater make any more money...all other cheese is now Borden or Sargento, our house is Kraft free...if only the NFL were...
You do know that Robert Kraft has absolutely no connection to Kraft Foods, right? Kraft made his money in the cardboard industry.
Last edited by BeechFlyboy; 04/29/15 01:24 PM.

Return to Top
#2010909 - 04/29/15 01:31 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
You do know that Robert Kraft has absolutely no connection to Kraft Foods, right? Kraft made his money in the cardboard industry.

yes, I just thought that since this thread had taken a turn for the ludicrous I would just pile on...

Return to Top
#2010910 - 04/29/15 01:32 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
[quote=HappyGilmore] Kraft made his money in the cardboard industry.

That is not a very nice thing to say about Brady. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2010915 - 04/29/15 01:43 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree with Happy on the discipline and fines. No consistency at all. Most of these penalties seem to be "lets throw it against the wall and see what sticks".

Return to Top
#2010916 - 04/29/15 01:46 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
and the deflatgate story will go down as no fine no draft picks as the NFL staff mishandled the balls. Not because of guilt or innocence.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2010920 - 04/29/15 01:56 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
And if it is determined the NFL employees mishandled the balls, why would no fine ($ or draft picks) be an issue? If it is found the team was involved, they should be penalized accordingly.

Return to Top
#2010922 - 04/29/15 02:09 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
anyone really think at this point in time:

1) the NFL can make a determination on who was at fault
2) the NFL will assess blame on the team
3) fine the team
4) assess blame on NFL employee
5) discipline employee
6) do nothing

I vote option 1 & 6, too much time has expired, they can't determine anything and it just goes away

Return to Top
#2010957 - 04/29/15 03:38 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By Sox in '13
And if it is determined the NFL employees mishandled the balls, why would no fine ($ or draft picks) be an issue? If it is found the team was involved, they should be penalized accordingly.

If they did cheat it would be a huge injustice to all the other teams that played by the rules (look at the bottom 10% records). Fines and draft picks are not going to help another team with a loss that should have been a win or a trip to the SB.

If they did not cheat they are due one of the biggest apologies from the NFL and individual players which will not happen.

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 6 of 48 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 47 48