Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 15 of 48 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 47 48
Thread Options
#2014893 - 05/19/15 02:11 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Former Patriots tackle Matt Light is doing something very creative with the whole deflategate circus for the good of his charitable foundation - www.inflationnationraffle.com

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2014899 - 05/19/15 02:20 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
"If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't trying"

Everyone tries to get an advantage vs. their opponent, whether it's deflating balls, pumping in crowd noise, or steroids. As long as you have competition, you're going to have cheating. The Patriots were just the ones that were caught.

Return to Top
#2014902 - 05/19/15 02:31 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Former Patriots tackle Matt Light is doing something very creative with the whole deflategate circus for the good of his charitable foundation - www.inflationnationraffle.com

appears to be a worthy cause and a novel approach. see I do not hate on the patriots

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014903 - 05/19/15 02:33 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) TMatt87
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By TMatt87

Everyone tries to get an advantage vs. their opponent, whether it's deflating balls, pumping in crowd noise, or steroids. As long as you have competition, you're going to have cheating. The Patriots were just the ones that were caught.

I still do not believe that everyone in the NFL has no integrity, See beach post above.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014906 - 05/19/15 02:36 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I can prove it, look up NFL integrity and the first post is

http://www.sportsintegrity.com/football-nfl/

A site trying to sell you junk cry

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014916 - 05/19/15 03:05 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
was the admission made during or following his playing career?
Why does it matter? Doesn't it still tarnish his legacy, and bring into question all his stats and Super Bowl wins?

certainly it matters as it relates to the current game. While it may tarnish his legacy, it has no impact on the next game the 49ers play. If Brady was retired and came out in 2 years and said "hey, I told the equipment guy to deflate the balls in 2014" that has a huge difference over "the nfl has found that brady was involved in the deflation of balls last season in a playoff win."

certainly you are able to discern the difference, no?

Return to Top
#2014931 - 05/19/15 03:28 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
not sure if Art Donovan is still alive, he is an old player from the 50s...used to go on the old talk shows at night and discuss how the NFL was full of cheaters when he played...his stories were hilarious...like how he used to put thumbtacks on his shoulder pads facing out so anyone trying to block him would get cut up...and punching players while in the pile...biting...gouging eyes...you name it, I think they did it at some point...

Return to Top
#2014932 - 05/19/15 03:28 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Why does it matter? Doesn't it still tarnish his legacy, and bring into question all his stats and Super Bowl wins?

certainly it matters as it relates to the current game. While it may tarnish his legacy, it has no impact on the next game the 49ers play. If Brady was retired and came out in 2 years and said "hey, I told the equipment guy to deflate the balls in 2014" that has a huge difference over "the nfl has found that brady was involved in the deflation of balls last season in a playoff win."

SoundTactic made the statement that Brady's cheating actions tarnish his reputation, his statistics, all his Super Bowl wins. Sox said you could say the same thing about Jerry Rice's cheating actions - that if what is said about Brady is true, then it should be true about Jerry Rice too. I don't see where the timing of any determination of guilt has any impact on whether there is tarnish to reputation, statistics and Super Bowl wins.

Return to Top
#2014955 - 05/19/15 04:11 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
1. I cheated, but I no longer play

2. I cheated, and still play

which has the greater opportunity to impact the game moving forward? the cheater who no longer plays, or the cheater who still plays?

both their reputations are tarnished...but only one can impact the game

Return to Top
#2014957 - 05/19/15 04:15 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Rice tarnished his reputation as all balls caught by him is suspect.

The pats rep is tarnished as all ball thrown, caught, rushed is now suspect as the ball itself was altered Underinflated balls are easier to catch pass and hold by the entire team even if the other teammates did not know about it,

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014960 - 05/19/15 04:18 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Originally Posted By edAudit
Originally Posted By TMatt87

I still do not believe that everyone in the NFL has no integrity, See beach post above.

That's like saying there are politicians with integrity. Sure, there might be some, but they are becoming harder to find.

Return to Top
#2014962 - 05/19/15 04:20 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Missing prior to Wells report

Ball will be take out of the box and inflated/deflated to 13.5 psi by officials and kept under the control of officials the entire game. Same ball for both sided until worn out.

Done.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014983 - 05/19/15 05:24 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

SoundTactic made the statement that Brady's cheating actions tarnish his reputation, his statistics, all his Super Bowl wins. Sox said you could say the same thing about Jerry Rice's cheating actions - that if what is said about Brady is true, then it should be true about Jerry Rice too. I don't see where the timing of any determination of guilt has any impact on whether there is tarnish to reputation, statistics and Super Bowl wins.

Deflecting blame is not an excuse. I am not discussing Jerry Rice. Nor is anyone but you.

Return to Top
#2015000 - 05/19/15 06:00 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://nypost.com/2015/05/19/kraft-and-goodell-hug-at-party-as-deflategate-thaw-begins/

Pssssssssssh. That’s the sound of the hot air being let out of the Patriots’ post-Deflategate posturing.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft announced Tuesday the team will not appeal the punishment handed down by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell last week for using under-inflated footballs during the AFC Championship game in January.

EDIT

Quarterback Tom Brady remains free to pursue an appeal of his personal suspension for the first four games of the season, filed with the backing of the players’ union.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2015090 - 05/19/15 11:31 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
That's the sound of a businessman realizing where the source of his billions of dollars come from.

Return to Top
#2015107 - 05/20/15 12:06 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
..... or knowledge of the greater guilt.

Return to Top
#2015122 - 05/20/15 01:24 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
likely both

Return to Top
#2015124 - 05/20/15 01:27 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://www.forbes.com/teams/new-england-patriots/

2.600 M

wondering why they are number 2 behind the cowboys.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2015128 - 05/20/15 01:30 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
cowboys are "America's team", which goes back to the Tom Landry/Roger Staubach days, when there was integrity in football...they ignore the fact that Jerry Jones is a d-bag and hope the cowboys will one day return to greatness...

i'm more curious how a team like the Redskins, those racist native American haters, can be ranked 3rd...
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 05/20/15 01:31 PM.

Return to Top
#2015132 - 05/20/15 01:36 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Landry Played for the Giants (all players were/are cheaters)

Stabbach owns a NASCAR team so he must be a cheater (and above).

CAMS

Return to Top
#2015160 - 05/20/15 02:40 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
All have sinned and fall short of the glory!

Return to Top
#2015172 - 05/20/15 03:04 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
werd.

Return to Top
#2015173 - 05/20/15 03:08 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
cowboys are "America's team", which goes back to the Tom Landry/Roger Staubach days, when there was integrity in football....

You didn't see North Dallas Forty?

Return to Top
#2015176 - 05/20/15 03:16 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
That would have been don Meredith and not Staubach

CAMS

Return to Top
#2015182 - 05/20/15 03:42 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
It is a movie!!!!

Return to Top
Page 15 of 48 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 47 48