Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 12 of 48 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 47 48
Thread Options
#2013920 - 05/13/15 07:49 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) PrimeTime
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By PrimeTime
Didn't Trent Dilfer state on an ESPN analysis of the whole event that literally every quarterback has a routine with the balls each week (my goodness that sounds bad)in which they do various things to them (this is getting worse) in order to enhance their play? I recall him stating that whether it's shaving, softening, etc. every quarterback in the NFL now, then, forever, has a routine in which they attempt to alter the ball in some way shape or form.
Yes. Yes he did. Thank you.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2013923 - 05/13/15 07:52 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/5_2013_Ball.pdf

no mention of warming of the balls (unless it affects the size or psi)

This was not reported but claimed by the press that the teams can adjust the PSI (for reference only no issue was made with the K balls)
For all games, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to
the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game.
These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013925 - 05/13/15 07:54 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
If they just followed the K ball rule for the QB ball this would not be an issue but Manning and Brady (possibly others that are nameless) got their way

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013929 - 05/13/15 08:03 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
as for diffler his last year was 07 and there would have been only 1 year to personally see ALL the QBs doctoring the balls.

unless he somehow had access to ALL QBs illegally doctoring balls on teams where he was not a current member I would doubt he has first hand knowledge to this story.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013930 - 05/13/15 08:03 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Happy, I said 15 years. And just because A.J. Feeley says today that it happened 11 years ago doesn't prove anything happened 11 years ago.

doesn't mean it didn't, either

Why is he just now bringing it up?

because he is looking to resurrect a broadcasting career?

Brad Johnson admits to scuffing his balls up in 2002. Where is the outrage?

i'm working on my outrage now

Aaron Rodgers admits liking his balls to be over the 13.5 psi. Where is the outrage?

liking it and doing it are 2 different things...if they prove he does it, i'll up my "who cares" to a "mild outrage"

Fact is, PSI has been in the rule book since at least the 1940's but has never been something the NFL even paid close attention to until it decided to make an example of the Patriots.

hmmm...crux of the argument?

Even as late as last season when both the Panthers and Vikings were televised heating balls on the sidelines during a particularly frigid game, the league simply told them to stop doing that. Where is the outrage?

heating is not an issue unless it alters the PSI above/below approved levels.

Return to Top
#2013933 - 05/13/15 08:06 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) PrimeTime
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Didn't Trent Dilfer state on an ESPN analysis of the whole event that literally every quarterback has a routine with the balls each week (my goodness that sounds bad)in which they do various things to them (this is getting worse) in order to enhance their play? I recall him stating that whether it's shaving, softening, etc. every quarterback in the NFL now, then, forever, has a routine in which they attempt to alter the ball in some way shape or form.

this never really did recover after sentence #1

Return to Top
#2013935 - 05/13/15 08:07 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
And by the way, the Cheatriots thing is definitely not original. Urban Dictionary from 2007: www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheatriots In fact, it's pretty old and worn out by now.

darn, and here I was thinking I was an original

And aren't the Saints guilty of some "cheating" themselves in their recent past?

yep, there was an accusation that was overturned on appeal against the players. likely the coaches/GM would have been overturned as well but they don't have a collective bargaining agreement that allows an appeal.

And how about the Falcons and Browns.

I believe you are correct
And didn't the Seahawks have a lot of issues with PEDs? And how about salary cap cheating by the Broncos?

not familiar with either of these

Sure, the "everyone does it" doesn't make it right. But you'd be hard pressed to find a team in competitive sports that hasn't tripped up on rules violations in some form or another by intentionally trying to find a competitive edge.

not sure I understand the point here unless it is to say we should just ignore it because everyone does it even if it doesn't make it right

Return to Top
#2013937 - 05/13/15 08:08 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
Happy, I said 15 years. And just because A.J. Feeley says today that it happened 11 years ago doesn't prove anything happened 11 years ago.

doesn't mean it didn't, either

Why is he just now bringing it up?

because he is looking to resurrect a broadcasting career?

Brad Johnson admits to scuffing his balls up in 2002. Where is the outrage?

i'm working on my outrage now

Aaron Rodgers admits liking his balls to be over the 13.5 psi. Where is the outrage?

liking it and doing it are 2 different things...if they prove he does it, i'll up my "who cares" to a "mild outrage"

Fact is, PSI has been in the rule book since at least the 1940's but has never been something the NFL even paid close attention to until it decided to make an example of the Patriots.

hmmm...crux of the argument?

Even as late as last season when both the Panthers and Vikings were televised heating balls on the sidelines during a particularly frigid game, the league simply told them to stop doing that. Where is the outrage?

heating is not an issue unless it alters the PSI above/below approved levels.

I beg to differ with you argument;

If you heat the ball enough it could catch fire and change the diameter or shrink, possibly not altering the psi above or below the league standards. Other than that I concur.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013939 - 05/13/15 08:10 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
And by the way, the Cheatriots thing is definitely not original. Urban Dictionary from 2007: www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheatriots In fact, it's pretty old and worn out by now.

darn, and here I was thinking I was an original

And aren't the Saints guilty of some "cheating" themselves in their recent past?

yep, there was an accusation that was overturned on appeal against the players. likely the coaches/GM would have been overturned as well but they don't have a collective bargaining agreement that allows an appeal.

And how about the Falcons and Browns.

I believe you are correct
And didn't the Seahawks have a lot of issues with PEDs? And how about salary cap cheating by the Broncos?

not familiar with either of these

Sure, the "everyone does it" doesn't make it right. But you'd be hard pressed to find a team in competitive sports that hasn't tripped up on rules violations in some form or another by intentionally trying to find a competitive edge.

not sure I understand the point here unless it is to say we should just ignore it because everyone does it even if it doesn't make it right

That last line should be in the thing you should not say to a Co thread.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2013962 - 05/13/15 09:02 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
"Sure, the "everyone does it" doesn't make it right. But you'd be hard pressed to find a team in competitive sports that hasn't tripped up on rules violations in some form or another by intentionally trying to find a competitive edge."

I know that this entire thread is not conducive to kindling any desire I may have had to again take up watching NFL football.

Return to Top
#2013984 - 05/13/15 10:40 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) noelekal
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Originally Posted By noelekal
"Sure, the "everyone does it" doesn't make it right. But you'd be hard pressed to find a team in competitive sports that hasn't tripped up on rules violations in some form or another by intentionally trying to find a competitive edge."

In this way, professional sports is certainly symptomatic of our society in general, from companies to individuals.

Return to Top
#2014013 - 05/14/15 12:36 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Sinatra Fan
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By Sinatra Fan
Originally Posted By noelekal

In this way, professional sports is certainly symptomatic of our society in general, from companies to individuals.
Not just professional sports - I think you'd be challenged to find any major conference college football program without similar rules violations. And we've seen it happen even in Little League baseball.
Last edited by BeechFlyboy; 05/14/15 12:38 PM.

Return to Top
#2014014 - 05/14/15 12:44 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Deliberate tampering with a game ball is a tad more than a rules violation.

Rules violation = to many players on the field or other minor infraction

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014015 - 05/14/15 12:45 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club

And we've seen it happen even in Little League baseball.

and this is likely the saddest statement ever made...can't even let kids just be kids and play for the love of the game

Return to Top
#2014025 - 05/14/15 01:15 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Word. frown

Return to Top
#2014026 - 05/14/15 01:16 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
if they do not learn how to cheat in Little League how do they expect to be good cheaters later in life?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014030 - 05/14/15 01:30 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Yeah and if they don't learn to be good cheaters then they'll have to resort to cheating to be a cheater and we can't have that.

Return to Top
#2014038 - 05/14/15 01:51 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
If brady was taught how to cheat in "Pop Warner" we would not be talking about this today as he would not have gotten caught.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014061 - 05/14/15 03:00 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
PrimeTime Offline
100 Club
PrimeTime
Technically he still didn't get caught. He "probably" got caught.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014062 - 05/14/15 03:01 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
All this cheating and getting caught talk has me thinking about golf again wink
Last edited by Wolfy; 05/14/15 06:37 PM.

Return to Top
#2014068 - 05/14/15 03:10 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) PrimeTime
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Technically he still didn't get caught. He "probably" got caught.

and Bonds probably took steroids at least one in his lifetime. shocked

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014072 - 05/14/15 03:24 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
We all fall short of the glory, no doubt about that. But we should strive to live by the rules and play fair, whether you are in t-ball or in the pros.

Return to Top
#2014080 - 05/14/15 03:30 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Pale Rider
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By Pale Rider
We all fall short of the glory, no doubt about that. But we should strive to live by the rules and play fair, whether you are in t-ball or in the pros.

But playing fair does not get you past the ravens. smirk

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014106 - 05/14/15 04:39 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://nypost.com/2015/05/14/patriots-publish-wells-report-rebuttal-deflate-meant-weight-loss/

This is getting like the OJ trial you know he is guilty but can he beat the system.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2014130 - 05/14/15 05:57 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Happy, I said 15 years. And just because A.J. Feeley says today that it happened 11 years ago doesn't prove anything happened 11 years ago. Why is he just now bringing it up? Brad Johnson admits to scuffing his balls up in 2002. Where is the outrage? Aaron Rodgers admits liking his balls to be over the 13.5 psi. Where is the outrage? Fact is, PSI has been in the rule book since at least the 1940's but has never been something the NFL even paid close attention to until it decided to make an example of the Patriots. Even as late as last season when both the Panthers and Vikings were televised heating balls on the sidelines during a particularly frigid game, the league simply told them to stop doing that. Where is the outrage?

After reading your post earlier condemning Brady I thought you had come to the conclusion that there was cheating. But after reading this, it seems more like justification, blame, denial and pointing fingers. No one is framing the Patriots. They cheated (again) and got caught.

Return to Top
Page 12 of 48 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 47 48