Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2013910 - 05/13/15 07:37 PM Sponsor free shred day
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
If our bank offered a 'free shred day' open to anyone, what kind of disclaimer would the bank be required to give? I have seen other banks do this, and it is something we are contemplating.

Thanks!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2013934 - 05/13/15 08:07 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day JWills, CRCM
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
That reminds me of a story I heard via the Internet.

A new employee was standing near a very large shredding machine at the bank's operation center, when a SVP comes over with a document in his hand. The SVP asks if the employee knows how to use the machine, and the response was Yes!

"Could you take care of this for me, it's very important, and the only one", asked the SVP as he hands the employee the paper.

The employee runs it through the shredding machine - as it is hitting the cutters, the SVP says, "Thanks, I need 2 copies."

Return to Top
#2013936 - 05/13/15 08:07 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day JWills, CRCM
Jade'sFire Offline
Gold Star
Jade'sFire
Yaven IV
Is the bank doing the shred, or is a third party shred company doing it with the Bank just sponsoring? Also, will the documents be shred on site while the customer is there or will there be secured bins that will collect the items for later shred?

Return to Top
#2013944 - 05/13/15 08:25 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day JWills, CRCM
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
The bank would have a third party shred company doing it with the bank as the sponsor. The documents would be shred on site while the customer is there.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2015167 - 05/20/15 02:50 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day JWills, CRCM
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Anyone else?

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2015179 - 05/20/15 03:28 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day JWills, CRCM
mtngrrl Offline
Gold Star
mtngrrl
Northern California
We do them every year. We limit people to three boxes (so we don't run out of room), and we don't let them just drop stuff off and run - they have to wait in line (in cars) and then we'll unload the car and dump into the shred bins. Some people want to wait until the bin is actually emptied into the truck, and that's fine.

We advertise it on local radio stations and in the paper, as sponsored by the bank and open to anyone, just the 3 box limit. We do it in 4 locations.

Managing traffic is actually the hardest part - setting it up so it's safe to have a line of cars waiting, a safe way to turn around or get out of the lot, remembering that there are people moving around unloading boxes from cars, etc.

Return to Top
#2015184 - 05/20/15 03:44 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day mtngrrl
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Originally Posted By mtngrrl, crcm
We do them every year. We limit people to three boxes (so we don't run out of room), and we don't let them just drop stuff off and run - they have to wait in line (in cars) and then we'll unload the car and dump into the shred bins. Some people want to wait until the bin is actually emptied into the truck, and that's fine.

We advertise it on local radio stations and in the paper, as sponsored by the bank and open to anyone, just the 3 box limit. We do it in 4 locations.

Managing traffic is actually the hardest part - setting it up so it's safe to have a line of cars waiting, a safe way to turn around or get out of the lot, remembering that there are people moving around unloading boxes from cars, etc.

Our process is very similar.

Return to Top
#2015191 - 05/20/15 03:58 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day JWills, CRCM
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We have also done something similar; however we ask our customers for donations to the local chapter of Crimestoppers.

Return to Top
#2015199 - 05/20/15 04:25 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day JWills, CRCM
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Thanks everyone!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2015213 - 05/20/15 04:52 PM Re: Sponsor free shred day Skittles
mtngrrl Offline
Gold Star
mtngrrl
Northern California
Originally Posted By Skittles
We have also done something similar; however we ask our customers for donations to the local chapter of Crimestoppers.

That's a great idea! I'm going to pass it on to my marketing director.

By the way, we also offer identify theft information brochures at the site. Another bank in the area actually holds shred in the evening and tops it off with a workshop.

Return to Top