Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2015805 - 05/22/15 07:36 PM Customers signing up for e-stms--online only?
Midwest123 Offline
100 Club
We were wondering how banks allow their customers to sign up for e-statements. Do you allow them to come into the bank and fill out an application or do they have to do the request online?

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance for your time!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2015810 - 05/22/15 07:47 PM Re: Customers signing up for e-stms--online only? Midwest123
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Online only. It's a lot more efficient, and easier to document that they met the e-sign requirements.

In our old online banking platform they could "sign up" in our offices, but then it triggered our call center to forward out an email with PDF instructions and a password to enroll and it was cumbersome and too involved. Having them do everything right on our website is so much cleaner for everyone!

Return to Top
#2015868 - 05/22/15 10:38 PM Re: Customers signing up for e-stms--online only? Midwest123
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"easier to document that they met the e-sign requirements."

More like impossible. If the consumer is not on-line, how can there be demonstrable consent????

Return to Top
#2015991 - 05/26/15 05:04 PM Re: Customers signing up for e-stms--online only? Midwest123
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
With E-SIGN involved at least a part HAS to be online. I'd be surprised if E-SIGN isn't involved. In the past it was common to start in the bank and finish online, but I think more banks are comfortable with online only and customers have accepted it as well.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z