Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#201618 - 06/18/04 11:02 PM Re: Cleaning tips
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Your cat watches you in the tub? Can't a guy get any privacy?

Not with a cat in the house!

Oh god, you do NOT want to know the noise and mischief she gets into if I close ANY door in the house that is within "her territory". I honestly think given enough time she will scratch her way and whine her way using sonic vibrations right through the door!

Return to Top
#201619 - 06/18/04 11:35 PM Re: Cleaning tips
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I am so glad that I am not the only cat nut person in this group. I am having so much fun right now. One of the strays that hangs out at my house had 5 kittens about 5 weeks ago. She brought them in last weed because of the rain. I have not let her take them back outside and have been holding them and playing with them. She comes in long enough to feed them. They run up to me now when I go into the room. My two cats, both 12-15 pound orange tabbies are scared of these little fellows. It is so funny to see them cower when the little ones try to play with them. Now I just need to find good homes for them.

Return to Top
#201620 - 06/21/04 11:57 AM Re: Cleaning tips
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Kinda along the same lines....but this is true.

My cat is shedding hair like no tomorrow. I have to brush him constantly. My parents suggested giving him a bath....my dad actually suggested vaccuuming him. He said, "try it, the cat will like it."

Well our vaccuum does not have attachments, so I tried the dust-buster. The cat didn't like it....and it didn't even work.

My grandmother's cat loved to be vacuumed!

Return to Top
#201621 - 06/21/04 01:07 PM Re: Cleaning tips
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. (You may need to stand on the lid.)

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and "rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,
The Dog

Tried it this weekend and it works--got rid of the toilet bowl scum and the cat all in one very good day!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2