Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2016819 - 05/28/15 10:26 PM Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
From now on, when you hand out the FinCEN pamphlet, include a copy of this article.

From 2010 to 2014, Hastert withdrew a total of about $1.7 million in cash from various bank accounts and provided it to a person identified only as Individual A, according to the indictment.

The irony is, the poor man thought he was buying silence... blush

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2016824 - 05/28/15 10:44 PM Re: Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring Elwood P. Dowd
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California

Return to Top
#2016830 - 05/28/15 11:10 PM Re: Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring Elwood P. Dowd
el guapo Offline
Gold Star
el guapo
This has to be the most dumb thing to get in trouble over. So easily avoidable.

Return to Top
#2016865 - 05/29/15 01:15 PM Re: Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring Elwood P. Dowd
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
I'm sure more about the silence he was trying to buy will be coming out in the next few months. I wonder what costs $1.7 mill?

Return to Top
#2016963 - 05/29/15 03:42 PM Re: Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring ACBbank
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Originally Posted By ACBbank
I'm sure more about the silence he was trying to buy will be coming out in the next few months. I wonder what costs $1.7 mill?

Actually, $3.5 million! He hadn't finished paying before this happened. Wonder what Individual A will do now?

Return to Top
#2016968 - 05/29/15 03:45 PM Re: Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring Buddy the Elf
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Do you think this is the real "A," the character on what my daughter calls "PLL!?" (Pretty Little Liars)

I'll bet $20 that some lowly draftsman of indictments who has teenage daughters is just tickled pink with the idea that "A" got past his or her editors.

Return to Top
#2017241 - 06/01/15 05:58 AM Re: Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring Elwood P. Dowd
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
It would appear that "Individual A" is a former male student.

WSJ Article

Return to Top
#2044384 - 10/15/15 02:55 PM Re: Former Speaker of the House Indicted - Structuring Princess Romeo
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Hastert to Plead Guilty

You gotta wonder, if he just withdrew the cash he needed and told the bank "None of your business" when they asked "Why," would it have turned out the same way?

Domestic PEPs are prime targets and structuring is for idiots.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z