Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#2019492 - 06/10/15 02:34 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Sinatra Fan
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
Originally Posted By Sinatra Fan
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? Ellie Mae's Encompass
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? No. Supposed to release on June 18
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? (see previous answer)
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? We have always had good experience with Encompass and regulation changes.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Uh, not too sure. I think we will get parameters up on time, at least for the LE; training will no doubt be compressed.
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? I would be absolutely stunned if they don't.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? They always have been in the past.
8.Other feedback or concerns?

Ditto for us.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2019574 - 06/10/15 05:45 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Kathi P Offline
New Poster

1.What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? BYTE
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? YES WE HAVE, AND I AM SO EXCITED!!!
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? I HAVE AND AM REALLY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? YES THEY ARE
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? I HOPE TO HAVE THINGS ALL SET TO BEGIN TRAINING JULY 1, ITS LOOKING REALLY GOOD.
6.Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? YES
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? YES
8.Other feedback or concerns? FROM WHAT I AM SEEING SO FAR, ITS NOT SO BAD.

Return to Top
#2019576 - 06/10/15 05:47 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Cornfed Turtle
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By Cornfed Turtle
BeechFlyboy:

Did you get 15.1 already from Ellie Mae or do you have some double secret test version? We don't have an Encompass update yet and I'm scared....very scared. There is a hands on training session scheduled but it's in July.

We are on version 15.1.1 in our test environment. I don't know if that's the double secret test version or not.

Return to Top
#2019581 - 06/10/15 06:01 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
trinna Offline
Gold Star
trinna
Midwest
1.What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? D+H, E3
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Yes
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Still waiting on IT
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? So I'm told
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training?Not sure.... but I'm certainly hopeful
[/color]6.Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Supposedly
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Yes
8.Other feedback or concerns? Feeling very anxious. Training is going to be tight. We have started some training on the general rules but are hoping to get to more in-depth training once we've been able to test. But with summer vacations and lenders believing that the LOS will take care of everything for them....... I am actually suffering small anxiety attacks and I'm expecting them to get worse before this is all over.....if it ever is.

Return to Top
#2019945 - 06/11/15 06:53 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Antilles Offline
100 Club
Antilles
Southern US
Also Wolters Kluwer Compliance One Mortgage and I have the same response as RR Joker.

Return to Top
#2020000 - 06/11/15 09:33 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Update on CRIF's Mark IV LOS.

We just found out that their update won't be available until June 30th, and they are expecting to have several "hot fixes" after that (they don't sound too confident).

To make matters worse, when we asked them how they will accommodate trusts being added to the mix (Mark IV only handles consumer loans), they hadn't heard that some loans to trusts will fall under the new rules. They took the reg citation (that I provided them) to their compliance department, and they said it wasn't a compliance issue!! mad

I'm ready to switch vendors, but it's much to late for that.

Return to Top
#2020503 - 06/15/15 06:28 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Luv2run Offline
Platinum Poster
Fiserv EasyLender was to release a final install for testing today but will not be providing now until June 19th. Documents will not be available to the "test group" until the end of the month. If the test group is getting the docs at the end of the month, I worry when the final release will be to those outside the "test group".

Return to Top
#2020552 - 06/15/15 07:58 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? RVFlyboy
trout22 Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Originally Posted By Cornfed Turtle
BeechFlyboy:

Did you get 15.1 already from Ellie Mae or do you have some double secret test version? We don't have an Encompass update yet and I'm scared....very scared. There is a hands on training session scheduled but it's in July.

We are on version 15.1.1 in our test environment. I don't know if that's the double secret test version or not.

We are on version 15.1.1.1
Anyone know if that's the super secret version? I was told we had the most updated and that testing could ensue at anytime... however, finding time to get started has been a challenge. If we don't yet have the capability, I guess I'll push everything back! eek I saw reference to both June 13th and June 18th so hopefully access to the new and improved is just around the corner for everyone.

Return to Top
#2020713 - 06/16/15 05:13 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
PNB Offline
New Poster
1.What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? D&H E3
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Yes
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Just a small amount of time
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? Yes
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Worried about lack of time for true testing in order to get all kinks out prior to going live.
6.Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes
8.Other feedback or concerns? I am interested to know why the CFPB thought August 1st was the best date for implementation. Summer is always the busiest for banks, especially in the mortgage arena and vacation schedules are heavy. This is terrible timing!

Return to Top
#2020862 - 06/16/15 09:55 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
trying_to_comply Offline
100 Club

What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using?
Morvision
Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing?
Yes, but are told there will be at least on additional to be released 7/1
Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work?
Yes
Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time?
Yes
How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training?
It will be tight, but we are confident that we will have processes/procedures and LOS training complete in time.
Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15?
Yes
Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you?
Receptive, yes, willing to work with us, we shall see!
Other feedback or concerns?
The delay on the second update (7/1)

Return to Top
#2021231 - 06/18/15 03:50 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
julesbok Offline
OK
1.What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? LaserPro for In-house and Calyx for 2nd Mkt.
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Ditto as others have commented on these two systems
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Not yet.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? I've been told so.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Fairly confident.
6.Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? They say so.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Others work directly with these vendors.
8.Other feedback or concerns? Glad to see the proposed delay for start date from Aug 1st to Oct 1st. We are in the middle of a platform conversion that will take place in mid-August.

Return to Top
#2021529 - 06/19/15 03:17 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Live 2 Comply Offline
Gold Star
Live 2 Comply
1.What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? ARTA/Compliance One Mortgage
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Yes, we actually received a lot of materials early on. I am thinking April but we only begain working on the test site in May. They have a lot of helpful documents and videos.
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Yes, we are working on getting the production site completed. Have been some crashes on the system and the like but bugs are expected.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? yes
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Pretty Confident. Even more so now. We have had more difficult time finding dates to arrange training with vacations and a full scope exam going on.
6.Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes. They are giving us separate programs basically. ARTA will still be used for commerical, consumer non mortgage related loans, and applications received before 8/1. Compliance One Mortgage will be for applications received after 7/31/15 that are covered by the TRID. It is an online hosted site and seems very user friendly so far.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? They have been so far. CLO has been in contact with them mostly and we have 2 to 3 working testing when time is available.
I was very happy from the announcement yesterday but of course would love more time....CRA exam sceduled for Aug, so I will still have to work around that exam after recovering from this one.

Return to Top
#2021816 - 06/22/15 03:21 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Bullseye
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
Originally Posted By Bullseye
Originally Posted By Sinatra Fan

As of this minute, this topic has 269 views, but only 13 replies. Am I the only one who finds such a low level of response strange?

Our software has already been mentioned and I really don't have additional comments to add.

Same here.

Return to Top
#2021825 - 06/22/15 03:45 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Truffle Royale
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By Truffle Royale
Originally Posted By Mary Beth Guard
But we think it would be a powerful message to send to the CFPB if we could get MAJOR participation on this thread, so I encourage all who are able to tell it like it is.

Bullseye and JacksTigger, it sounds like it would be helpful to know who your providers are so MB can add a tickmark in the corresponding column on her list.

Adding at least a small comment about being overwhelmed is the part MB is looking for to be able "...to send a powerful message to the CFPB."
This is back on page 1 so just to reiterate that mentioning your provider at the very least gives Mary Beth another tally mark to add.

Return to Top
#2021828 - 06/22/15 03:49 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
While it is still nice to know the status of the vendors, it is sort of a moot point now that the CFPB has granted a two month extension.

It is the last one we will see.

Return to Top
#2021830 - 06/22/15 03:53 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
From what I have seen some vendors still have to scramble to make the (presumably) new deadline and allow banks time to test and implement.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2021846 - 06/22/15 04:19 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? rlcarey
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By rlcarey
While it is still nice to know the status of the vendors, it is sort of a moot point now that the CFPB has granted a two month extension.

It is the last one we will see.
??? Last I heard they were going to issue a proposal for a two month extension. Is it now official and I missed it?

Return to Top
#2021848 - 06/22/15 04:20 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The proposal and comment period are just a formality, it is a done deal.

Return to Top
#2025261 - 07/05/15 03:11 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
M. Radcliffe Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By John Burnett

1. What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using?
  2. Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing?
  3. Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work?
  4. Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time?
  5. How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training?
  6. Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15?
  7. Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you?
  8. Other feedback or concerns?

1 - LaserPro for in-house loans, Mortgagebot for Freddie Mac; both are products of D+H
2 - Yes, installed and started testing the most recent LaserPro update last week. Mortgagebot is totally new to us, and we are still in the implementation phases.
3 - Yes, and it hasn't been pretty.
4 - They say they are confident they'll be ready, I'm just not sure I believe them...
5 - Not very, based on what I've seen so far.
6 - In theory, yes.
7 - Our sales rep says they are receptive to feedback, but when we submit a case to customer support, not so much.
8 - LOTS of concerns, from short timelines, to staffing, to recalcitrant vendors. At least twice now I've had to notify Mortgagebot of errors where they were providing incorrect information in the documents - Mortgagebot was applying a (Ky) state statute to us (a bank) that actually only applies only to mortgage companies/brokers; which resulted in the wrong form being generated.

Return to Top
#2027814 - 07/17/15 02:29 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? JWills, CRCM
4newt Offline
Gold Star
East Texas
Well, I can say exactly the same as J Wills as shown below. I am not confident at all with what we have seen so far. And to top it off, we get no help by way of a "grace period" to learn what does or doesn't work when D-Day comes!! I see a lot of processor struggles and compliance people completely stressed because there is absolutely no room to make an error and correct it. A change of this magnitude should have time for us to work out the bugs, because as we can already see, there ARE bugs!
Originally Posted By JWills
1. Jack Henry Onboard, switchng to Dynamic Wolters Klewers forms
2. We are in the process of switching over
3. See #2
4. I assume they are, We on the other hand are not.
5. Not confident.
6. Supposedly
7. Most of the time, but this hasn't been tested.
8. I am seeing a general wave of panic coming. No time to test, or make adjustments prior to 8/1/15, and the CFPB not willing to cut anyone any slack.

Return to Top
#2027947 - 07/17/15 05:52 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Well it's clear that August 1 ain't the date any longer, and it's likely we are getting a two-month and two-day reprieve. Lenders would be crazy to back off on their pressure on vendors, though. If you're lucky, you may have a little more test and fix time.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2028050 - 07/17/15 09:11 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Gryphin, CRCM Offline
New Poster
California
We will be using LaserPro. We don't originate closed-end consumer mortgages, but we do originate bridge loans and construction loans. A lot of preparation for very few loans.
Last edited by Gryphin, CRCM; 07/17/15 09:12 PM.
Return to Top
#2028491 - 07/21/15 05:32 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
luvs2trvl Offline
100 Club
Texas
1.What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? Ellie Mae/Encompass
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? yes
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? yes
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? they say they are........
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? very
6.Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes

Return to Top
#2031739 - 08/05/15 01:21 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Luv2run Offline
Platinum Poster
Has anyone received documents from their LOS/Vendor that actually work? We received documents that were a disaster and I sent in a spread sheet with over 25 issues for correction. We are now looking at 8/14/15 as a potential date to receive documents that might work. Is it just our LOS and Vendor?

Return to Top
#2031745 - 08/05/15 01:26 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Luv2run
MonicaMc Offline
100 Club
MonicaMc
Land of Oz
Originally Posted By Luv2run
Has anyone received documents from their LOS/Vendor that actually work? We received documents that were a disaster and I sent in a spread sheet with over 25 issues for correction. We are now looking at 8/14/15 as a potential date to receive documents that might work. Is it just our LOS and Vendor?

Our experience with our LOS is very similar to yours. While we've been able to test the documents since June 1st, there are a lot of issues. We have received one update and should get another next week. I think they plan on 2 more updates before 10/03.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6