Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#2016875 - 05/29/15 01:39 PM LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status?
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
We're breaking our own guidelines for this, so let's not see a bunch of moderator notifications:

Since so much of the effort to get ready for the TRID disclosure challenge is dependent upon having updated Loan Production Systems that can generate the dynamic disclosure forms called for, we'd like some feedback in this thread on any or all of these questions:
  1. What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using?
  2. Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing?
  3. Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work?
  4. Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time?
  5. How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training?
  6. Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15?
  7. Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you?
  8. Other feedback or concerns?
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2016940 - 05/29/15 03:19 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
  1. What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? FICS/Loan Producer
  2. Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? yes, just yesterday
  3. Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? nope. eom and busy season combined with IT's need to test and approve so still waiting.
  4. Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? yes
  5. How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? confident? not at all. Hopeful would be a better word.
  6. Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Thankfully the provider learned from 2010 and yes, it will.
  7. Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? usually but again, the time it takes them to analyze, test, get update out, and then us receive, test and implement changes makes me doubt that everything will be perfect by 8/1.
  8. Other feedback or concerns? More and more annoyed mad that CFPB didn't follow HUD's lead and put out an update of this magnitude at the beginning of the year instead of the height of the busy season. But I know I'm preaching to the choir.

Return to Top
#2016954 - 05/29/15 03:29 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
1. D&H, LaserPro
2. Supposedly, the "last" update was installed yesterday. Previously, only "testing" we could do would have produced incomplete LEs and CDs.
3. No, that's next on my list, as i am finalizing training materials (and scheduling initial training.....more training after test runs through LaserPro).
4. Probably, "officially", yeah they're confident. Me? Not so much.
5. Not so much.
6. Supposedly, yes.
7. In theory, but it's not usually a quick process.
8. I'm annoyed at my LOS provider. This should have been finished up on their part months ago IMHO.

Return to Top
#2016987 - 05/29/15 04:21 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? D&H, LaserPro
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? The "final" one was released yesterday, but they anticipate bug fixes and tweaking right up until July.
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? No, I'm still waiting for IT to load the last two updates.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? Probably.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Not very. If I could devote all my time to just this project, maybe - but even then I think it might be pushing it.
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? They claim so.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? If history holds true it will depend greatly upon which tech takes the call.
8.Other feedback or concerns? Not at this time.

Return to Top
#2016988 - 05/29/15 04:21 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
1. Jack Henry Onboard, switchng to Wolters Klewers forms
2. We are in the process of switching over, not final until mid July
3. See #2
4. I assume they are, I on the other hand are not.
5. Not confident.
6. Supposedly
7. Not generally too quick
8. I am seeing a general wave of panic coming. No time to test, or make adjustments prior to 8/1/15, and the CFPB not willing to cut anyone any slack.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2017030 - 05/29/15 05:42 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Adam F Offline
Gold Star
Adam F
VA
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? The "final" one was released yesterday.
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? We are also still waiting for IT to load the update.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? They say so.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? We believe it will be, but are worried about working out all the "bugs."
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? That is what they told us.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Depends who we get in touch with. Some of the techs are not very helpful.
8.Other feedback or concerns? Based on our training with the loan officers and their "uncaring" attitude, I am very worried about there not being a grace period.

The answers I give are my opinions. Not legal advice.

Return to Top
#2017060 - 05/29/15 06:29 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Adam F
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using?WK - Compliance One Mortgage
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Yes
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Yes, but apparently I'm one of the only ones! crazy
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? I don't think they have a CLUE how many bugs they have right now...I keep finding them for them. frown
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Less every day, but trying to stay optimistic
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Very, but I get the impression I'm mostly dealing with software support and not people who also have a real understanding of the reg which complicates things to me.
8.Other feedback or concerns? I have no problem with change...usually. This has changed my outlook on that all together. How can you train without your software bugs worked out. It's like a ship floating in the ocean with no propeller and no sail

I needed that vent. Thanks. cry

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2017066 - 05/29/15 06:37 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Compl101TX Offline
Gold Star
Compl101TX
W. TX
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? WK- ComplianceOne Mortgage
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Yes
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Yes, RRJoker is not the only one but we are a little behind!
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? The think so but they may not.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Not very confident.
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Yes
8.Other feedback or concerns? We may not be ready by 8/1.

Return to Top
#2017098 - 05/29/15 07:29 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
awilli Offline
Gold Star
1. What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? D&H, LaserPro
2. Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Final release last week
3. Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Not yet. Waiting for IT to input loan products, etc. Should be ready for testing in the next could weeks.
4. Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? Yes
5. How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Somewhat confident, but if there are any issues during testing, time to fix will run short.
6. Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes
7. Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Yes
8. Other feedback or concerns? Short time period for testing and training

Return to Top
#2017299 - 06/01/15 03:35 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Fiserv EasyLender was supposed to be released today for test sites... notified today that release is backed up until the 17th, and docs will not be released until July. eek

Return to Top
#2017374 - 06/01/15 06:00 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
kelso Offline
Indiana
We're breaking our own guidelines for this, so let's not see a bunch of moderator notifications:

Since so much of the effort to get ready for the TRID disclosure challenge is dependent upon having updated Loan Production Systems that can generate the dynamic disclosure forms called for, we'd like some feedback in this thread on any or all of these questions:1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? Calyx and D& H
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? yes this past weekend was installed.
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? just today
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? they say so
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? doubtful on one of them
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? should be able to
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? not sure
8.Other feedback or concerns?
all of the above. Just don't think we will be ready by August 1st.

Return to Top
#2017387 - 06/01/15 06:32 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
MonicaMc Offline
100 Club
MonicaMc
Land of Oz
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? Calyx Point and DocuTech
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? As of last Friday Calyx sent out their update!
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Not yet. Waiting to get a computer off the server with the updated version.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? yes!
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Very. Now that the Calyx update is out, DocuTech can start working on connecting fields.
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Not sure yet, but I'd assume so.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? For the most part yes!

Return to Top
#2017390 - 06/01/15 06:35 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Luv2run Online
Platinum Poster
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using?/ Great Docs/Fiserv
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing?/ I was lucky enough to have participated in a focus group and have had the opportunity for both input on the build and access to testing.
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work?/ Yes, seems like there is less automation to the processes and will require much more attention to detail.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time?/ I sense panic at this point. They are frantically trying to get the documents to us in time. Our focus group calls have been a bit tense as of late.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training?/ We will be eleventh hour but we will have to be ready.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? / Yes they are, however the main focus right now is to get the docs ready. They will consider all other suggestions for a subsequent update.
The timeline is getting tight. I wish we had more wiggle room with the setup etc.

Return to Top
#2017453 - 06/01/15 08:08 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? Ellie Mae's Encompass
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? No. Supposed to release on June 18
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? (see previous answer)
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? We have always had good experience with Encompass and regulation changes.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Uh, not too sure. I think we will get parameters up on time, at least for the LE; training will no doubt be compressed.
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? I would be absolutely stunned if they don't.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? They always have been in the past.

As of this minute, this topic has 269 views, but only 13 replies. Am I the only one who finds such a low level of response strange?
Last edited by Sinatra Fan; 06/01/15 08:10 PM. Reason: add question

Return to Top
#2017483 - 06/01/15 09:17 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
purllow182 Offline
purllow182
1.What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? LP Fics is LOS but DocuPrep for TRID docs.
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? LP released an update last week. We will roll it out this weekend.
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? see above
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? supposedly
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? hopeful - like Truffle
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? So we have been told.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? not sure at this time

Return to Top
#2017618 - 06/02/15 04:04 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Sinatra Fan
Mary Beth Guard Offline
Platinum Poster
Mary Beth Guard
Oklahoma City, OK
Sinatra Fan, We've learned in the past that the lurkers outnumber the posters by about 100 to 1. And some financial institutions do not allow their employees to discuss vendors in a forum like this.

So, surprised there are not more responses? Only somewhat. But we think it would be a powerful message to send to the CFPB if we could get MAJOR participation on this thread, so I encourage all who are able to tell it like it is.

We suspect there are no tales of puppies and rainbows in TRIDland, just storm clouds and a little hail, but we would like to really know.

Return to Top
#2017620 - 06/02/15 04:11 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? RR Becca
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
I certainly don't want to be a lurker. smile

As a LaserPro user, I echo Becca's sentiments below.

There just isn't enough time in the day for a single person compliance department to tackle this project well ahead of time. I try to keep a cool head but on the inside I'm freaking out a little. Too many fires for this one man department.

Originally Posted By RR Becca
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? The "final" one was released yesterday, but they anticipate bug fixes and tweaking right up until July.
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? No, I'm still waiting for IT to load the last two updates.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? Probably.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Not very. If I could devote all my time to just this project, maybe - but even then I think it might be pushing it.
6.Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? They claim so.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? If history holds true it will depend greatly upon which tech takes the call.
8.Other feedback or concerns? Not at this time.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2017622 - 06/02/15 04:18 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Norman Paperman
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

There just isn't enough time in the day for a single person compliance department to tackle this project well ahead of time. I try to keep a cool head but on the inside I'm freaking out a littlemore as each day passes.. Too many fires for this one (wo)man department.
This...oh so very much!

Additional update to my answer above. Seems the update we got last week was only about half of what we need to be TRID compliant. No date as to when the rest is coming.... eek

Return to Top
#2017630 - 06/02/15 04:35 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Sinatra Fan
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Originally Posted By Sinatra Fan

As of this minute, this topic has 269 views, but only 13 replies. Am I the only one who finds such a low level of response strange?

Our software has already been mentioned and I really don't have additional comments to add.

Return to Top
#2017631 - 06/02/15 04:37 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Bullseye
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
Originally Posted By Bullseye
Originally Posted By Sinatra Fan

Our software has already been mentioned and I really don't have additional comments to add.

Ditto

CRCM

Return to Top
#2017634 - 06/02/15 04:44 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? Mary Beth Guard
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By Mary Beth Guard
But we think it would be a powerful message to send to the CFPB if we could get MAJOR participation on this thread, so I encourage all who are able to tell it like it is.

Bullseye and JacksTigger, it sounds like it would be helpful to know who your providers are so MB can add a tickmark in the corresponding column on her list.

Adding at least a small comment about being overwhelmed is the part MB is looking for to be able "...to send a powerful message to the CFPB."

Return to Top
#2017635 - 06/02/15 04:48 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? Encompass/Crif Mark IV/LaserPro
Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? We have received updates from all.
Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? No. We have to set up a new server so our test environments don't effect our live production environment. IT departments are notoriously slow.
Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? They all seem to be.
How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Not very. Setting up parameters and testing will take a lot of time, even if the systems run perfectly. Training is scheduled the last two weeks of July.
Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? They claim so, but we will have to test to find out for sure.
Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Encompass appears to be very responsive. The other two, not so much.
Other feedback or concerns? We have met with some title companies who are willing to help us test the whole process, so that's a major improvement over 2010. Still, I have a feeling this is going to be an absolute train wreck for the first couple of months.

Return to Top
#2017636 - 06/02/15 04:53 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
mtngrrl Offline
Gold Star
mtngrrl
Northern California
1. What vendor and LPS are you using/will you be using? LaserPro
2. Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? "Final" release last week but I hear it's not final
3. Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? No. Administrator doesn't even want to start testing until all updates are in.
4. Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? Yes
5. How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Somewhat confident, but if there are any issues during testing, time to fix will run short.
6. Will the LPS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes
7. Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Supposedly
8. Other feedback or concerns? Short time period for testing and training. Concerned that there will still be bugs that need last minute fixing.

Return to Top
#2017657 - 06/02/15 05:40 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
MCCompliance Online
100 Club
1.What vendor and LOS are you using/will you be using? LaserPro/Mortgagebot
2.Have you received any updates (beta or other) for testing? Yes, some for Laserpro. Still waiting for Mortgagebot
3.Have you started "kicking the tires" to see how the system will work? Not yet. Still waiting (like others) for IT to run the update.
4.Is the vendor confident it will deliver a finished product in time? They seem to be for some products. Some products won't be available until later.
5.How confident are you that the system will be ready in time to allow for setting up parameters and training? Not very. We've started training on the rules, but anticipate training to happen last minute within the system.
6.Will the LOS allow you to comply with both current rules for applications received before 8/1/15 and new rules for applications received after 7/31/15? Yes.
7.Is the vendor receptive to feedback and willing to work with you? Unsure at the moment. Haven't been able to get that far.

Return to Top
#2017703 - 06/02/15 06:52 PM Re: LOS, vendors, and testing -- Status? John Burnett
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
I agree with RR Joker- Wolters Kluwer.

I can say I have found the company very helpful with questions.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6