Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#201893 - 06/18/04 08:09 PM The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kudos to this nation's bleeding-heart media for slanting their choice of stories for the Iraq conflict and the war on terror. Thousands upon thousands of our troops and troops from other countries are there at risk making progress..progress not seen there in many years. Where are THOSE stories......?? Has anyone asked that question?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#201894 - 06/18/04 08:12 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top
#201895 - 06/18/04 08:21 PM Re: The Media
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
What a BS site. There are obvious double-counts, obvious from the information THEY present! Further, it implies the US is interested in attacking "wedding parties" which really aren't, and WORSE, you use it to claim 10,000 casualties as a result of the US action, when many of those numbers, again, from the information THEY present, are the result of terrorists car-bombers and their ilk.

BUT THE WORST ommission is the failure to cite how many deaths would have been inflicted by Saddam over that same period, or how many Iraqis would have suffered and died under UN sanctions, while the proceeds from the "oil for food" program built Saddam's palaces and enriched UN "diplomats".

Return to Top
#201896 - 06/18/04 08:21 PM Re: The Media
QuestionQuest Offline
100 Club
You're very brave from your station of anonymity. Sort of like a person standing in the shadows ready to club passersby. I guess you don't even want to use your posting name so that others will know what sort of person they are really dealing with in other situations. This is certainly your right, but I do think it makes a more telling statement than some of the comments made here. Just my opinion.

Return to Top
#201897 - 06/18/04 08:26 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

The man asked where the reports of the good news are. I showed him what I thought he was looking for. Isn't that what you people call progress? I know George Carlin is a witch and a commie and a terrorist and next year you'll be calling him a space alien or some other catch phrase that makes hate okay in your mind, but ever hear his sketch "bombing brown people?" We're enacting it, and calling it progress.

Return to Top
#201898 - 06/18/04 08:28 PM Re: The Media
blvsinangels Offline
Gold Star
Sorry, anon---your site link really teed me off. I think the original poster wanted to here uplifting stories of all of the wonderful things our soldiers are doing overseas. And I agree, you don't see pictures of the schools being reopened, markets and shops opening, children not afraid to go out of their houses. Soldiers spreading good will. And no, I am not saying by any means that the lives that have been given have not been mourned, believe me they have, but to demean their efforts really angers me. Those men and women are there fighting for my freedom as well and I for one appreciate it.

Return to Top
#201899 - 06/18/04 08:29 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

They take averages of multiple accounts of the same incident. How does that cause double-counts? Where does it say we intend to bomb wedding parties? We did bomb a wedding party, intentional or not, then denied it, until it was proven beyond any doubt whatsoever what we had done. You think everything that doesn't fit in with your beliefs is fiction and propaganda. I'm sick of you saying that. Facts are facts amigo. We bombed a wedding. It's not propaganda.

Return to Top
#201900 - 06/18/04 08:29 PM Re: The Media
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Anon, only you would think that removing Saddam from power represents anything other than progress.

Hey anon, how many Germans died in WWII?

Return to Top
#201901 - 06/18/04 08:30 PM Re: The Media
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Yes, Jokerman I agree! I think a Saddam-caused death count would be much more interesting and put things into perspective. And on another note, I hope the US is very, very careful when they choose to turn him over for justice In Iraq. The risks there are very large.

Return to Top
#201902 - 06/18/04 08:32 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's because the Iraqi children still are afraid to go out in the streets. And our reporters are afraid to leave the "green zone." The good will we spread at Abu Ghraib Prison has been all over the news. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Return to Top
#201903 - 06/18/04 08:36 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

The original anon has some good points and an interesting link.

I realize now that I'm going to vote for Carey.

That's Mariah Carey, her and John are equally qualified

Return to Top
#201904 - 06/18/04 08:36 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anybody who doesn't support killing the Iraqi citizenry to conquer and therefore liberate them must be a Saddam Hussein fan. Is that the argument? I gave you credit for being smarter than that, Jokerman.

Return to Top
#201905 - 06/18/04 08:37 PM Re: The Media
blvsinangels Offline
Gold Star
Have you talked to any service men or women that are over there? Any that have come back? They would tell you stories about smiling kids and adults that thank them. The prison humiliation is a horrible thing and those involved should be punished, however lets hear the stories of the other 135,000 men and women that are over there.

Return to Top
#201906 - 06/18/04 08:39 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

But let's never hear stories about the civilian casualties, because it might make us not like the war. Let's not see the pictures of the flag-draped caskets coming home, because if people see how war is terrible, awful, and horrible, they might not support it. And then Halliburton would have to compete to get jobs instead of having them handed over. It would be a tragedy.

Return to Top
#201907 - 06/18/04 08:40 PM Re: The Media
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

They take averages of multiple accounts of the same incident. How does that cause double-counts?

a) they include Al-Jazeera in those averages, which is obviously skewing the totals.
b) they take media accounts from individual incidents, as well as morgue counts. that's how casualties are double-counted.

Quote:

Where does it say we intend to bomb wedding parties?

May 19 - target: Wedding Party

Quote:

We did bomb a wedding party, intentional or not, then denied it, until it was proven beyond any doubt whatsoever what we had done.

I would like to see this proof.

Quote:

You think everything that doesn't fit in with your beliefs is fiction and propaganda.

Well, my first instinct is that everything YOU present is fiction and propaganda, but that pales in comparison to your refusal to ever answer direct questions, anon.

Return to Top
#201908 - 06/18/04 08:41 PM Re: The Media
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
Quote:

The original anon has some good points and an interesting link.

I realize now that I'm going to vote for Carey.

Harry Carey ?

That's Mariah Carey, her and John are equally qualified

Return to Top
#201909 - 06/18/04 08:43 PM Re: The Media
blvsinangels Offline
Gold Star
Lets not see the pictures of the twin towers or pentagon bombings anymore, or hear the black box tapes, or phone messages left from those on the planes.

War is tragic for all involved. Like it or not we are involved, those men and women deserve our support. And I am speaking of our military and their civilian population.

Return to Top
#201910 - 06/18/04 08:43 PM Re: The Media
QuestionQuest Offline
100 Club
I would urge you to read Bernard Lewis, one of the world's foremost experts on Islam and the Middle East. His books on the root causes of this situationis quite enlightening. We are not "bombing brown people" although that makes a catchy line and I suppose that's what counts. This struggle has really gone on for quite a few centuries. Islamic hardliners don't particularly hate us for any thing we've done recently, although they will certainly use it as pretext if that is useful, they hate us because they see us as the next iteration of "the enemy of Islam", a line that goes back to the Byzantine Empire. They see this struggle as ending when the entirety of "christendom" has settled into submission, the literal interpretation of Islam. Until then, it really doesn't matter to them how many of us they kill. Nor does it much matter to them how many muslims die in the process, the end is all important. Besides, if the dead aren't wahhabists, their apostates to begin with and their blood is forfeit. These are dangerous and hate-filled people we are dealing with, and they will remain so. Bear that in mind when you consider you position in such a system, bad if you are male, much worse if you are female.

Return to Top
#201911 - 06/18/04 08:43 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

What does ANY of that have to do with Iraq?

Return to Top
#201912 - 06/18/04 08:48 PM Re: The Media
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Anybody who doesn't support killing the Iraqi citizenry to conquer and therefore liberate them must be a Saddam Hussein fan. Is that the argument? I gave you credit for being smarter than that, Jokerman.

I take no pride in kudos from you, anon. It's a simple question: you either supported allowing Saddam to continue to torture, rape, and kill, or you support removing him, by force. Which was it?

Return to Top
#201913 - 06/18/04 08:49 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

QuestionQuest, You get the racism A+ for the day. Okay, I guess ethnocentrism is a better word. You can share your trophy with Mr. Lewis.

Return to Top
#201914 - 06/18/04 08:53 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're very brave from your station of anonymity.

How is that any different than your user name? If you are so concerned about people identifying themself, why don't you use your real name? While your at it, identify your city/state, phone number, etc.

Return to Top
#201915 - 06/18/04 08:54 PM Re: The Media
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not even going to start. It's all black and white to you. Good vs. evil. Attack or ignore. There are other things that could have been done, some of which we interrupted by attacking, that would have been more effective with less monetary and human cost.

Return to Top
#201916 - 06/18/04 08:58 PM Re: The Media
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

There are other things that could have been done, some of which we interrupted by attacking, that would have been more effective with less monetary and human cost.

And which of those things had we not been doing for 10 years while Saddam's reign of TERROR continued?

Return to Top
#201917 - 06/18/04 08:59 PM Re: The Media
QuestionQuest Offline
100 Club
It has a great deal to do with how we deal with the entire Middle East in general and Iraq in prticular. You seem to conclude that they hate us as invaders, when, in fact, that is not the case. The Arab world has hated the West for centuries and us since they have known of our existence. They already hated us enough to destroy our civilization by sword and fire. Nothing that we could do would change that, short of the West disbanding their nations and converting to Islam. You seem to treat this as a racist policy on our part. The truth seems to be, from my research, that if you are not muslim first and arab second then you are inferior. The real racism seems to grow from their culture. I just wanted to further illustrate the "brown people" you were talking about, who also include Europeans and central asians, who are white. It makes fine hay to whip this up as a racist undertaking, but that is simply not the case. Further, to say that Iraq was not part of the overall world of terrorism. Hussien was a longtime subsidizer of Middle Eastern terrorism, supporting the families of suicide bombers. You really can't say that, on the one hand, we won't resolve the Mid-East problems without an Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but on the other that we will leave in place those who are stoking the flames of that crisis. I tend to take a global view of the crisis with Islamic radicalism.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5