Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2018959 - 06/08/15 02:42 PM Name/TIN validations and FinCEN Reports
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I recenttly heard a FinCEN speaker say FinCEN no longer does name/TIN validation as an offshoot the BSA reporting processes. She verified the statement to me later. I forgot to mention it here. blush

Those of you who were awaiting the return of error notices for incorrect name/TIN combinations can breathe a bit more easily.

Apparently, when the IRS was in charge of the CTR filing data base, they initiated name/TIN verification simply because they thought it was a good idea. FinCEN didn't abandon it so much as they never initiated it when they assumed full control over the reporting function and data bases.

IRS Publication 2108A discusses the voluntary name/TIN matching program available to filers of certain information returns, including banks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2019235 - 06/09/15 03:29 PM Re: Name/TIN validations and FinCEN Reports Elwood P. Dowd
fnbgal Offline
100 Club
CA
Thank you for sharing this information because I've been wondering why we haven't received anything in all this time.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z