Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2019711 - 06/10/15 11:55 PM Facebook
MtnHiker Offline
New England
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a Facebook page for their institution? If so, are folks using a segregated device (i.e., something on a separate WiFi network or DMZ) to manage their institution's Facebook page, or do you do this from any old work station on your network?

We block access to Facebook on our network. It could be opened to those personnel responsible for updating it, but there are concerns in our organization about having devices that will access Facebook segregated from the rest of the network. Obviously this presents a hurdle if we want to upload content and the device updating Facebook doesn't have access to any network shares or storage.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2019730 - 06/11/15 12:24 PM Re: Facebook MtnHiker
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We have a Facebook page and an employee access it from their workstation for monitoring or adding. We can block individual computers from Facebook. For instance, as the Compliance Officer, I have access to Facebook so I can review it periodically to make sure we're not advertising products.

Return to Top
#2019745 - 06/11/15 12:49 PM Re: Facebook MtnHiker
MtnHiker Offline
New England
Thanks, I think the concern on having it on the same network as everything else is sometimes Facebook is a malware vector. Of course, the internet as a whole is a malware vector if you click links all willy-nilly...

Return to Top
#2019746 - 06/11/15 12:50 PM Re: Facebook MtnHiker
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
That is definitely a true statement.

Return to Top
#2019899 - 06/11/15 05:14 PM Re: Facebook Skittles
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By Skittles
We have a Facebook page and an employee access it from their workstation for monitoring or adding. We can block individual computers from Facebook. For instance, as the Compliance Officer, I have access to Facebook so I can review it periodically to make sure we're not advertising products.

Same here.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z