BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#2020333 - 06/15/15 01:28 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
I was thinking the same thing - the Red Lady may be able to save him using black magic & his "kings blood" .... Not sure why I think we already know she can do that. I may be imagining it

I LOVED Theon/Reek and Sansa throwing the dogkeeper girl over the railing. She scares me almost more than Ramsey does

I also did not see Stanis dying this soon

Sercee (spelling) is so going to kill that nun woman (Shame Shame Shame) as soon as she can

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2020348 - 06/15/15 01:39 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
What in the books/shows history makes people think that Jon would survive being stabbed repeatedly like that. GRRM loves to kill off people we like.

PatsGirl, you know she can do that because she is a preistess of the Lord of Light. The Brothers without Banners is lead by a knight who has been brought back to life 9 times by a priest of the Lord of Light. We know it is possible but I find it highly unlikely given the history...

As for Cersei, has the show ever mentioned the prophecy she received as a child? I cannot remember if they ever mentioned it. I would think it odd that they would not as it drives much of her decisions.

Return to Top
#2020351 - 06/15/15 01:43 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Yes but a couple of characters have died and then "come back" in the book. Whether that will happen on the show, remains to be seen. Still no Lady Stoneheart and who knows about the Hound. I think we will only see Jon again if he can warg or if Qyburn gets a hold of him.

Return to Top
#2020353 - 06/15/15 01:47 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? Need Coffee
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
Originally Posted By Need Coffee

PatsGirl, you know she can do that because she is a preistess of the Lord of Light. The Brothers without Banners is lead by a knight who has been brought back to life 9 times by a priest of the Lord of Light. We know it is possible but I find it highly unlikely given the history...

As for Cersei, has the show ever mentioned the prophecy she received as a child? I cannot remember if they ever mentioned it. I would think it odd that they would not as it drives much of her decisions.

Ahhhh Yes that is why - we did see that guy come back to life. Thank You Coffee ... I am still somewhat with it LOL

Yes they have mentioned Cersie's prophecy ....And now she has the Mountain / Frankenstien

Return to Top
#2020367 - 06/15/15 02:07 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Thanks PatsGirl, I cannot recall them ever mentioning it. I think that is a good reason to watch every season over again!

While the books brought back very few I find it unlikely Jon returns; however, Melisandre being at the wall is not likely a coincidence. As for the warg ability, it would be awesome if he warged into Ghost but with his body dead it would only be temporary if they stuck to the books.

Return to Top
#2020370 - 06/15/15 02:12 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
GRRM has hinted strongly in interviews that Jon is not 'really most sincerely dead' in the books. I'm betting he comes back.

Return to Top
#2020392 - 06/15/15 02:39 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
JenF Offline
JenF
I thought the same thing that Jon might Warg into Ghost but then it would be kind of weird if Jon was trapped in Ghost's body for the rest of the series.

Where's Bran? Could he somehow save Jon? He's supposed to be training or something with the Old Guy under the tree right?

I guess i'm just very hopeful that Jon survives somehow.

Return to Top
#2020406 - 06/15/15 03:02 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
If he warged into Ghost it would only last a short time. The animal always takes over, according to the books anyway. In my opinion, that seems like the least likely scenario as it is so temporary.

I like "the prince that was promised" using Melisandre theory the most but refuse to get my hopes up. Until told otherwise he is dead in my mind.

Return to Top
#2020424 - 06/15/15 03:37 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Relax Offline
Platinum Poster
I would like to think it is one of the Red Witch's visions in the fire...because for Jon to die like that...its just too easy. Why didn't they do that before? And, if the HBO writers "stray" from the books, well...we never really know. His storyline was just so big, what will take its place? Who else knows and has fought the white walkers? His death just seems a little generic...to come this far and be killed like that. The grandest thing about it was Ollie. Just my opinion...who knows really what will happen. That's why I love the show so much. You can never really figure it out. But...the red witch is there for a reason...it is NOT a coincidence... I had to look away when Arya made her kill..too much! Lots of people will be killed now after the "shame" walk! Finally...Reek has broke through! Love seeing Myranda killed!

Return to Top
#2020442 - 06/15/15 04:20 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? Need Coffee
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
If he warged into Ghost it would only last a short time. The animal always takes over, according to the books anyway. In my opinion, that seems like the least likely scenario as it is so temporary.

I like "the prince that was promised" using Melisandre theory the most but refuse to get my hopes up. Until told otherwise he is dead in my mind.

When you say "the prince that was promised", who are you thinking of? Are you referring to a character that was revealed in the last book and has not surfaced on the show? Or are you saying Jon has king's blood?

Return to Top
#2020465 - 06/15/15 04:56 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
Ohhhhhh John being killed being a vision in the fire is a good call .... Dallas Who Shot J.R. style. I like it make it all a dream.

Does anyone know if the Mother of Dragon's is now surrounded by Carl Drogo's old tribe? It looked like it

Return to Top
#2020472 - 06/15/15 05:07 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
JenF Offline
JenF
From what I remember in the books, it is Khal Drogo's old tribe

Return to Top
#2020499 - 06/15/15 06:21 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
Anyone else notice that we technically did nto see Stannis die. Brianne of Toth raised her sword but it cut away to Ramsey killing someone else ..... did she spare him

Return to Top
#2020508 - 06/15/15 06:37 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I say she killed him.

Return to Top
#2020525 - 06/15/15 07:13 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? Dazed Auditor
Peepers Offline
10K Club
if you ask me, Cersei's sponge bath scene could have been a bit more sensual

Return to Top
#2020532 - 06/15/15 07:21 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Who's asking you?

Return to Top
#2020551 - 06/15/15 07:50 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I was surprised to see one critic believe that Reek and Sansa committed suicide. That never occurred to me. They kept looking at that big snowdrift.

I admit I was as fooled by the old "there's a guy who knows your Uncle Benjen" trick as Jon Snow was.

Return to Top
#2020563 - 06/15/15 08:31 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
It was a long fall.

I knew as soon as I saw who the guy was what was happening. He has always hated Jon.

Return to Top
#2020567 - 06/15/15 08:35 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? Dazed Auditor
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Dany is a good candidate for the next sponge bath

Return to Top
#2020625 - 06/16/15 01:45 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Until the Dothraki showed up, I thought Dany might start singing the Sound of Music as she strolled around the hills.

Return to Top
#2020630 - 06/16/15 02:02 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? MyBrainHurts
Peepers Offline
10K Club
The hills are alive, with the sound of Griswold

Return to Top
#2020635 - 06/16/15 02:32 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
The actor playing Jon has been signed for seasons 6 and 7, hasn't he?

Return to Top
#2020637 - 06/16/15 02:36 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? Dazed Auditor
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Originally Posted By Dazed Auditor

When you say "the prince that was promised", who are you thinking of? Are you referring to a character that was revealed in the last book and has not surfaced on the show? Or are you saying Jon has king's blood?

Jon has king's blood. I don't believe he is Eddards son.I believe him to be Lyanna and Rhaegar's child. Ed protected Jon his whole life keeping his parentage a secret, even refusing to speak of it to Cat. I am convinced this is the case (which means I will be wrong).

For those who don't remember, Prince Rhaegar was the heir of the mad king so any son of his is the legitimate heir prior to Robert's Rebellion.
Last edited by Need Coffee; 06/16/15 02:39 PM.

Return to Top
#2020644 - 06/16/15 02:50 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? JenF
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
I agree 1000% Cofee - Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon's parents. As long as he isn't dead

Return to Top
#2020654 - 06/16/15 03:08 PM Re: Any of Game of Throne fans in BOL? PATSGirl74
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Originally Posted By PATSGirl74
I agree 1000% Cofee - Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon's parents. As long as he isn't dead

I know I am contradicting myself by saying he is likely dead but it is only because I don't want to get my hopes up that he is still alive...

Return to Top
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6