Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2020564 - 06/15/15 08:32 PM elder abuse
bcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
I have my first case of elder abuse to handle and am looking for suggestions on where to start. It has been going on for quite some time and is mother/daughter related.

Return to Top
#2031436 - 08/03/15 09:18 PM Re: elder abuse bcompliance
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas

We had "the niece that fleeces" and filed an SAR.

Beyond that, I too would like some guidance on any additional steps we could take to stop the fleecing of the incapacitated uncle which is still going on. The niece is a signer on the account. Disclosure of confidential information has its liability risks or so we were informed by counsel when we inquired about filing a police report. Seems like local law enforcement could be notified. Filing the SAR hasn't resulted in any actual cessation of the regular "vacuuming" of the account by this niece.

Thanks for asking the question, bcompliance. I'll be looking in as well.

Return to Top
#2031437 - 08/03/15 09:27 PM Re: elder abuse bcompliance
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas

Return to Top
#2031465 - 08/04/15 01:17 PM Re: elder abuse bcompliance
bcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
I found the FinCEN guidance. We had a discussion with the customer and she informed us that her and the daughter had "worked this out" and did not want us to do anything about it. We ended up contacting the local job and family services Adult Protective Services division and they were going to open an investigation into the matter.

Return to Top