BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2021599 - 06/19/15 05:28 PM All-inclusive resorts in Mexico
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Can anyone provide recommendations on adult only all-inclusive resorts in the Cancun/Playa Del Carmen area? I've found several potential options on TripAdvisor and have read a ton of reviews but I'd really like a first hand recommendation from someone I "know." While I wish I was able to say cost is no object, unfortunately, it is a consideration so 5-star resorts are most likely out. Thanks!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2021601 - 06/19/15 05:31 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
We stayed at the Xcaret, it was lovely, they had various levels of all-inclusiveness...

Return to Top
#2021608 - 06/19/15 05:50 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
No personal experience with AI, but a co-worker just went to Secrets The Vine in Cancun and loved it. It was completely paid for by her husband's employer, though, so she wouldn't know the cost. We stayed next to it in 2008, actually next to the construction site for it, and the beach is very nice there. About KM 14.5.

Return to Top
#2021611 - 06/19/15 05:57 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
We went to Cancun last year. I don't recall the name of the resort (which was fine) but I would not wonder off property. The street vendors were scary and I thought we would not make it back.

Return to Top
#2021612 - 06/19/15 05:59 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
We just went to Now Jade, just 45 minutes north of Playa Del Carmen. But not adults only. However, there is an adults only pool, which was nice and quiet - but boring at times.

Return to Top
#2021624 - 06/19/15 06:20 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
We've vacationed at the El Dorado and liked it very much.

Return to Top
#2021633 - 06/19/15 06:39 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Retired DQ
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By DeeQ
... they had various levels of all-inclusiveness...

Hmmm... crazy

Return to Top
#2021664 - 06/19/15 07:54 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
JenF Offline
JenF
I stayed at an Iberostar All-Inclusive resort and liked it a lot. It was about half-hour outside of Cancun. Not sure of price though since I went for wedding and my room was paid for by the bride and groom.

Return to Top
#2021672 - 06/19/15 08:05 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Dazed Auditor
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
Originally Posted By Dazed Auditor
We went to Cancun last year. I don't recall the name of the resort (which was fine) but I would not wonder off property. The street vendors were scary and I thought we would not make it back.

Sounds like things haven't changed much since I went 17 years ago. Pretty much stayed at the resort the whole time, but the one we stayed at (El Pueblito) was damaged by Hurricane Wilma and not reopened. It was all inclusive, but we did venture out one night for dinner. When we went we were advised to avoid the taxis and take the bus. Don't know if that is still the case.

Return to Top
#2021677 - 06/19/15 08:22 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
When you say "Adult" do you mean "Clothing optional"?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2021679 - 06/19/15 08:23 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Although I've only been to Cancun twice, I've been to Mexico seven times, and have two more trips coming up in the next 8 months. The resort area of Cancun, the skinny island shaped like a seven is safe if you have your senses about you. The city, though has some tough parts that I would not go. However, the downtown area has some good restaurants, and Mercado 28 is an experience, so I think every one should venture out of their resorts. If you want a taxi in Mexico, it's best to get them at their cab stands, called Sitios. Every cab has the number of his sitio on the cab, and a cab number. Verify the fare before you get in. Most cab drivers are just regular guys trying to put food on the table, but you can get some rogues. More in Mexico City than Cancun.

I'm not a big fan of Cancun. The beaches are beautiful, but there are too many American chain restaurants and not enough locally owned in the tourist zone. I highly recommend El Fish Fritanga at KM 12. If I go back to the east coast, I may try Playa del Carmen or Isla Mujeres. Cancun is too American.

Return to Top
#2021680 - 06/19/15 08:25 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
luvs2trvl Offline
100 Club
Texas
I've stayed at The Royal Haciendas in Playa Del Carmen and it was great. The staff went above and beyond to make our vacation memorable.

Return to Top
#2021703 - 06/19/15 09:32 PM Re: All-inclusive resorts in Mexico Buddy the Elf
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Don't get suckered into any timeshare presentations. Watch out for the sleezeballs at the airport who lie and say they are your driver, then take you to a resort for a "tour."

Return to Top