Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2024900 - 07/02/15 09:31 PM Teller Incentives - Proof Work Accuracy
mhunt Offline
New Poster
Does anyone have a Teller Incentive for Proof Work Accuracy? If so could you share some information around your program. We are having a lot of errors on tickets, incomplete tickets, wrong tran codes,failure to check the math on checks deposited etc. Looking for a way to motivate.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2024915 - 07/02/15 11:05 PM Re: Teller Incentives - Proof Work Accuracy mhunt
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Do not have an example, but after the training, make sure their cell phones are not allowed, eliminate access to facebook, e-mails, etc, which could break concentration.

I do not believe that a person should require an incentive to do their basic job correctly. If their compensation is above general market, that should be the incentive enough.

Sorry, old school - I do not believe in bonuses to do your basic job correctly.

Return to Top
#2024939 - 07/03/15 12:14 PM Re: Teller Incentives - Proof Work Accuracy mhunt
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Looking for a way to motivate.

Track the errors by teller, fire the worst offender and let every other teller know why they were let go. Or even better yet, just post the weekly results on the break room board.

I'm with Rocky, you should not have to incent people to do their jobs. It shows absolutely no pride in workmanship.

This really is a symptom of poor management and not bad tellers. Management has let it go on for way too long.

Return to Top
#2025265 - 07/06/15 12:01 PM Re: Teller Incentives - Proof Work Accuracy rlcarey
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
We had same situation at former FI. We began tracking and reporting, by branch, the % of processing errors to total trans, with kudos to branches with lowest %. Results also included in Operational Performance section of quarterly branch score card (utilized for performance reviews). Worked well.

Return to Top
#2025392 - 07/06/15 06:34 PM Re: Teller Incentives - Proof Work Accuracy mhunt
mhunt Offline
New Poster
Thank you for your comments and suggestions!
Last edited by mhunt; 07/06/15 06:45 PM.
Return to Top
#2025536 - 07/07/15 01:49 PM Re: Teller Incentives - Proof Work Accuracy mhunt
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
I have found incentive balancing programs for tellers do not work. The accounting department does not have incentive for properly reconcing each general ledger account. All banks face issues with tellers. The best ones are identified quickly and advance, sometimes to the competition.

Return to Top