Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2026757 - 07/13/15 03:27 PM Exception Pricing for Money Market Account
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
We have a customer that we would like to offer higher rates on a money market account to. This is not something that we typically do and I am wondering what regulations I need to consider. Thanks.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2026759 - 07/13/15 03:34 PM Re: Exception Pricing for Money Market Account SunnyFL, CRCM
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If the customer is a consumer, you will need to ensure that the TISA disclosures provided reflect the rate, terms and conditions that apply to the account, rather than those that might be generated for the "vanilla" version of the account. If there will be any balance requirements for other accounts, you'll need to ensure you have a good monitoring system for those balances.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2026777 - 07/13/15 04:32 PM Re: Exception Pricing for Money Market Account SunnyFL, CRCM
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Setting up and maintaining a whole new product on your deposit system for one customer so you can pay them .05% more on a money market account seems a little pricey to me.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett