Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2026764 - 07/13/15 03:55 PM NMLS ID on Business Cards for a Teller?
trinna Offline
Gold Star
trinna
Midwest
We have recently bought a branch from another bank. The existing employees are being retained. Two of the employees have existing NMLS ID numbers and if I understand correctly, these numbers stay with them no matter that they are switching banks. A third employee was in the process of obtaining a number and was actually provided one but that process was not completed. Only one of the employees with an existing number will be acting in the capacity of loan originator. The other two will not.

Question: We will be ordering business cards for these employees and I’m wondering if it is okay to include the NMLS ID number on business cards when the employee will be working as a teller and NOT a loan originator. Things always change and there may come a time when he/she will again be originating loans but at this point, no.

I’m really new to this stuff. It was literally dumped into my lap recently. I would ask the person who handled this all before me but alas, retirement took him to the golf course.
Any advice on this situation is appreciated.

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#2026782 - 07/13/15 04:38 PM Re: NMLS ID on Business Cards for a Teller? trinna
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
First, it is not required to be on a business card in the first place. Why would you have it on a teller's card?

Really, someone went from a MLO position to a teller position??? Sounds like they had these people misclassified or they took a demotion in the acquisition.

Return to Top
#2026785 - 07/13/15 04:44 PM Re: NMLS ID on Business Cards for a Teller? trinna
Gioia Offline
Why worry about it when you can just leave it off and reprint their business cards if their job title changes...?

Return to Top
#2026797 - 07/13/15 05:16 PM Re: NMLS ID on Business Cards for a Teller? Gioia
trinna Offline
Gold Star
trinna
Midwest
Good point. To be honest, I haven't been too focused on the details of the SAFE ACT yet and missed the word "may" or "permitted". Plan to dig in deeper soon. TRID is taking precedence at the moment.

THANK YOU both for responding!

Randy - Good question about the loan officer to teller switch. Your guess would be as good as mine. I'm thinking we may have a "new" employee looking for work elsewhere.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett