Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2027474 - 07/16/15 03:08 PM Rate Adj Notices for Mods with Step Rates
Jade'sFire Offline
Gold Star
Jade'sFire
Yaven IV
I would like to get a second opinion on my interpretation of the 1026.20 notice. I had initially thought that the rate adjustment notice would apply for our loan modifications that have a step rate adjustment. (HAMP step rate modifications)

But then I read the commentary:

2. Non-adjustable-rate mortgages. The following transactions, if structured as fixed-rate and not as adjustable-rate mortgages based on an index or formula, are not subject to § 1026.20(d):

i.. Shared-equity or shared-appreciation mortgages;

ii. Price-level adjusted or other indexed mortgages that have a fixed rate of interest but provide for periodic adjustments to payments and the loan balance to reflect changes in an index measuring prices or inflation;

iii. Graduated-payment mortgages or step-rate transactions;

iv. Renewable balloon-payment instruments; and [i][/i]

v. Preferred-rate loans

When I read this it looks like TILA does not define a step rate as an ARM so we would not need to follow the 26.20 rules.

Thanks for any second opinions, I just need to gain confidence that I am understanding this correctly.
Last edited by Jade'sFire; 07/16/15 03:09 PM.

Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#2027478 - 07/16/15 03:10 PM Re: Rate Adj Notices for Mods with Step Rates Jade'sFire
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You are correct.

Return to Top
#2027511 - 07/16/15 03:58 PM Re: Rate Adj Notices for Mods with Step Rates Jade'sFire
Jade'sFire Offline
Gold Star
Jade'sFire
Yaven IV
As always, Thanks for your input!!

Return to Top