Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 18 of 48 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 47 48
Thread Options
#2022621 - 06/24/15 04:31 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
See Barry Bonds, Rodger Clemmons, Mark McGuire, Lance... about testifying under oath

PS the comment was not about Brady persay it was about the lameness of the NFL. The papers I read said he testified for 10 plus hours.

CAMS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2022632 - 06/24/15 04:41 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Just a side thought, it is interesting that all the lists of the wealthiest sports figures I have seen, none include football players.

You have you long-necked geese, your humpty-back camels, and your chimpanzees, your race car drivers, your geezer golfers, your boxers and basketball stars, but no football players....

Return to Top
#2022634 - 06/24/15 04:43 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I would worry more about soccer executives as they have lots of money yet no one watches the games (almost said sport).

CAMS

Return to Top
#2022762 - 06/24/15 06:30 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newe...-during-season/

one would have though that the kicking team would want a fully inflated ball.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2022763 - 06/24/15 06:34 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
This just in to fakenewsnetwork.com NFL is not concerned with the cheating/non-cheating aspect of deflated ball but the fact that the logo could not be fully seen on said deflated balls. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2022808 - 06/24/15 07:46 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
^^^^^ This is what awaits all you young folks that have a body full of tatoos, just sayin'.....

Return to Top
#2022849 - 06/24/15 08:53 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By edAudit
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newe...-during-season/

one would have though that the kicking team would want a fully inflated ball.

could have been selective deflation-if they were around mid field perhaps a bit more was taken out.

Return to Top
#2030158 - 07/28/15 04:39 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/repo...held/ar-AAdBouH

Stephen A. Smith said on ESPN’s “First Take” Tuesday morning that a source told him Roger Goodell will not reduce or overturn Brady’s suspension. Perhaps more shocking, Smith cited a separate source who told him Brady actually destroyed his own personal cell phone rather than just refusing to turn it over.

Cool more unsubstantiated rumor.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030177 - 07/28/15 05:04 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Interesting.

Return to Top
#2030185 - 07/28/15 05:14 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
if any of it is true

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030259 - 07/28/15 06:57 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
what a goober, everyone knows he just needs to break the sim card...

Return to Top
#2030270 - 07/28/15 07:13 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030272 - 07/28/15 07:15 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
And I sure hope federal tax dollars are not used to determine more.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030291 - 07/28/15 07:53 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
it means nothing to the true believers

Return to Top
#2030327 - 07/28/15 09:07 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
now, I know there are some that will likely point to the coincidental nature of Brady's cell phone being destroyed the day he was scheduled to meet with the investigators, but unless you are Fox Mulder and looking for conspiracy theories, clearly this was not linked in any way. After all, everyone I know destroys their cell phone and old sim-card when they get a new one...umm, wait...I don't know anyone that has intentionally destroyed their cell phone and sim-card.

this is a copy of the article linked above

Originally Posted By boston globe article
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game Deflategate suspension, the league announced Tuesday.

The NFL indicated in its release on the decision that a key factor was Brady ordering that his cellphone be destroyed.

From the NFL’s release:

“On or shortly before March 6, the day that Tom Brady met with independent investigator Ted Wells and his colleagues, Brady directed that the cellphone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. He did so even though he was aware that the investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on that phone.

“During the four months that the cellphone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cellphone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady.

“Based on the Wells Report and the evidence presented at the hearing, Commissioner Goodell concluded in his decision that Brady was aware of, and took steps to support, the actions of other team employees to deflate game footballs below the levels called for by the NFL’s Official Playing Rules. The commissioner found that Brady’s deliberate destruction of potentially relevant evidence went beyond a mere failure to cooperate in the investigation and supported a finding that he had sought to hide evidence of his own participation in the underlying scheme to alter the footballs.”

“The Commissioner’s decision is deeply disappointing, but not surprising because the appeal process was thoroughly lacking in procedural fairness. Most importantly, neither Tom nor the Patriots did anything wrong. And the NFL has no evidence that anything inappropriate occurred,” said Brady’s agent, Don Yee, in a statement released Tuesday afternoon. “The appeal process was a sham, resulting in the Commissioner rubber-stamping his own decision.”

The NFL explained its decision in a 20-page report that accompanied its announcement. According to the report, Brady testified at his suspension appeal hearing on June 23 that it is standard practice for him, or his assistant, to destroy his old cellphones and SIM cards upon acquiring a new one.

He began using a new phone “on or about March 6,” which is also the day he met with Ted Wells and investigators to be interviewed about Deflategate.

Goodell served as the arbitrator for the appeal hearing, which was held at NFL headquarters in New York on June 23. The closed-door hearing lasted 11 hours, and ESPN reported that nearly 40 people were in the room.

Among the witnesses was Wells, who led the Deflategate investigation that resulted in Brady’s four-game suspension. Wells confirmed he testified but didn’t offer any details.

Though Patriots owner Robert Kraft was not at the hearing, he wrote a letter on Brady’s behalf.

Brady’s legal team argued that not only did Wells find no definitive proof of a scheme to deflate game balls in the AFC Championship game against the Colts or of Brady having any knowledge of such a plan, it also claimed Brady’s punishment was far too harsh based on precedent — a four-game suspension would cost Brady $1.88 million.

Brady was initially notified of his suspension by NFL vice president of football operations Troy Vincent on May 11. The Patriots were also penalized, losing a first-round draft pick in 2016, a fourth-round pick in 2017, and fined a league-record $1 million.

On May 14, the NFL Players Association filed an appeal on Brady’s behalf.

In its letter to Vincent, which was signed by NFLPA general counsel Tom DePaso, the union outlined three major points as to why Brady’s punishment should be vacated or reduced.

The first: Under the collective bargaining agreement, Vincent does not have the authority to determine and mete out discipline, only Goodell does.

“As both Mr. Brady’s discipline letter and the NFL’s public statements make clear, you were tasked by Commissioner Goodell to determine whether Mr. Brady should be subject to discipline for conduct detrimental in connection with the events described in the Wells Report, and if so, to decide and impose the discipline,” the letter said. “And you have, in fact, imposed Mr. Brady’s discipline pursuant to the Commissioner’s purported delegation of his authority.

“Any such delegation is a plain violation of the CBA. The CBA grants the Commissioner — and only the Commissioner — the authority to impose conduct detrimental discipline on players.”

Another of the union’s points of contention was that Brady’s four-game suspension was far too harsh given precedent and punishment given to other players for similar infractions; and it also attacked the credibility of the Wells Report.

Just hours after the appeal was filed, news emerged that Goodell intended to serve as the appeals officer. The NFLPA then demanded that Goodell recuse himself and appoint a neutral arbitrator, arguing in part that if the league truly believed the Wells Report was a fair and independent investigation, it should have no problem having an independent individual oversee the appeal.

Additionally, the NFLPA made clear its intention of calling Goodell and Vincent as witnesses at the hearing, and having the commissioner as de facto judge and witness would complicate that.

On May 22, NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith, appearing on ESPN, said the union had not gotten a response from Goodell on whether he would recuse himself and if there wasn’t a response within a week, the union would “turn up the volume” on its request.

A report came a short time after Smith’s interview aired that Goodell had decided to remain as arbitrator, but a league spokesmen said Goodell had not made his decision. Rather, the NFL’s lawyers had submitted their arguments to Goodell as to why he should not hand off the hearing to a different arbitrator.

Return to Top
#2030334 - 07/28/15 09:15 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
10,000 text messages is a lot of text messages for four months. Could it be that they were just about a wedding or something else?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030344 - 07/28/15 09:27 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
He had a good example set before him.

More Cheaters (really not even the NFL this time)
https://www.atr.org/irs-failed-search-five-six-locations-lois-lerner-emails

And to think I was always taught that cheaters never prosper. Bad information I was given there.

Return to Top
#2030352 - 07/28/15 09:54 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
not that I care one way or the other but if I was Brady and married to Gisele Bundchen there is no way on earth I would turn over my cell phone to the NFL ... I would probably have the cell destroyed also after transferring all the pictures and such to the new one. smirk

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2030363 - 07/29/15 01:12 AM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
I love how it is now a fact that Brady tried to destroy evidence. Not withhold evidence, but destroy it. This must be the act of an innocent party. I once heard a law enforcement psychologist say that the innocent become angry when wrongfully accused. The innocent do not try to destroy the evidence.

Anyone who would be proud of this guy or his championships (especially this one) must be a supporter of cheating. Any lesser player (IE not the face of a franchise) would be banned from the league for tarnishing the integrity of the game.
Last edited by Sound Tactic; 07/29/15 01:13 AM.

Return to Top
#2030371 - 07/29/15 12:22 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Shemp-before you put the blindfold on Brady and light his last cigarette, lets back up a bit...

Brady's response this morning states otherwise...

snip from http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/tom-brady-rips-the-nfls-deflategate-decision-on-his-facebook-page

"I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.

Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong."

Return to Top
#2030372 - 07/29/15 12:27 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
He made a lengthy and I am sure, from the heart, not Lawyer written, response to the accusations today on his facebook page.

Looks like this one could be headed to court.

Return to Top
#2030375 - 07/29/15 12:39 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I still do not see a need for court and a waste of taxpayer dollars. The contract that the players signed stated that Goodall has the authority to issue the suspension... period. It was a stupid move by the union (but they were compensated appropriately) but they should live up to it.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030377 - 07/29/15 12:43 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree the union shouldn't whine about something they agreed to in the CBA.
Last edited by TB 12; 07/29/15 12:43 PM.

Return to Top
#2030379 - 07/29/15 12:46 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
"I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances."

Why would someone wait to replace a broken phone?

If he was strapped for cash I am sure if he asked nice his wife would have bought him one,

"Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline."

Why would one assume that failing to provide requested info would not lead to some type of discipline?

"To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time."

That is the third time this week I have read a similar tale (three different parties) and I do not believe any of them.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030380 - 07/29/15 12:47 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) TB 12
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By TB 12
To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong."

yes, just unfortunate timing that it occurred the same day access to his old phone was requested...wink wink nudge nudge...

i'm pretty sure Aaron Hernandez is also innocent, because he said he didn't do it either.

if I were in this position and knew for a fact that nothing in my phone would show any record of texts, I would not have an issue in providing this for review. Seems like the right thing to do by someone who is in that position and can easily clear up this "misconception" impacting not only me, but my employer, and the game I claim to love, and put this "allegation" to rest.

Return to Top
Page 18 of 48 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 47 48