Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 19 of 48 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 47 48
Thread Options
#2030381 - 07/29/15 12:47 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By TB 12
I agree the union shouldn't whine about something they agreed to in the CBA.

See we can agree on something's.

This nonsense of all pro sports going to waste taxpayer money on court cases is out of hand.

CAMS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2030382 - 07/29/15 12:48 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) Sound Tactic
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By Sound Tactic
I love how it is now a fact that Brady tried to destroy evidence. Not withhold evidence, but destroy it. This must be the act of an innocent party. I once heard a law enforcement psychologist say that the innocent become angry when wrongfully accused. The innocent do not try to destroy the evidence.

Anyone who would be proud of this guy or his championships (especially this one) must be a supporter of cheating. Any lesser player (IE not the face of a franchise) would be banned from the league for tarnishing the integrity of the game.
Shemp, you sound like an idiot when you spew this stuff that you expect everyone else to accept as gospel. Let's address this point by point.

Destroy evidence - who says the phone is "evidence"? The NFL has no legal rights to the phone, so how can it be "evidence"? And who says that the things on that phone that Brady didn't want to be accessed by any unauthorized individuals have ANYTHING to do with football at all. He is a multi-millionaire celebrity, married to an multi-millionaire international superstar model celebrity. There couldn't possibly be anything on his phone that he wouldn't want anyone not within his control to see except some texts about footballs, right?

Become angry - who says Brady hasn't become angry? I've seen plenty of articles of those around Tom talking about how upset he is about how this process has played out.

Must be a supporter of cheating - says who? Just because you think it doesn't make it so.

Any lesser player (IE not the face of a franchise) would be banned... - There have been several "face of a franchise" players that have been banned when sufficient proof was provided. You might want to Google Paul Hornung and Alex Karras. Or Alex Rodriguez. Or Pete Rose.

The NFL's masterful PR department knows that all they had to do was leak the story "Brady destroyed his phone" without any additional details of why and what his practices had always been and what he had shared with them about efforts to help still track down text messages and the court of public opinion would readily jump to the conclusion that he must have been trying to cover up evidence. I, for one, will wait to see how this comes out in federal court rather than in the court of public opinion.

And, for the record, I am proud of Brady and his accomplishments and his championships, but I am most certainly not a supporter of cheating.

Return to Top
#2030383 - 07/29/15 12:50 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
and other than creating fodder for many, this really has no bearing on anything real world.

will people stop watching football? nope
will people stop loving the Patriots? nope
will people stop hating the patriots? nope
will people move from loving to hating the patriots? nope
will footballs ratings drop? nope
will Goodell look like he is the right executive to lead this organization? nope

Return to Top
#2030385 - 07/29/15 12:57 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January.

There you have it a confession note the word BEFORE. The cover-up after the fact is worse than the crime (if we can call this a crime with a straight face)

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030387 - 07/29/15 01:02 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I will not allow my unfair discipline to become a precedent for other NFL players without a fight.

he is nice I change my mind he is just trying to protect other players who cheat in the future.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030389 - 07/29/15 01:04 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
and other than creating fodder for many, this really has no bearing on anything real world.

will people stop watching football? nope
will people stop loving the Patriots? nope
will people stop hating the patriots? nope
will people move from loving to hating the patriots? nope
will footballs ratings drop? nope
will Goodell look like he is the right executive to lead this organization? nope

Amen!

Return to Top
#2030391 - 07/29/15 01:07 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By edAudit
Originally Posted By TB 12

See we can agree on something's.

confused

Return to Top
#2030392 - 07/29/15 01:08 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I thought you came back to Brady's corner.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030395 - 07/29/15 01:21 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
"How many times do I have to say it? ... Well, if it can't be any clearer than `I've never taken drugs,'"

"We're sick and tired of these allegations and we're going to do everything we can to fight them. They're absolutely untrue" –

"At the end of the day, I have nothing to hide," –

"I have never doped"

Lance Armstrong Quotes

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030398 - 07/29/15 01:24 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
So because Lance was dishonest, it must mean Tom is being dishonest?

Return to Top
#2030401 - 07/29/15 01:27 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By edAudit
I thought you came back to Brady's corner.

It isn't that- I didn't understand the portion of the post I quoted.

Return to Top
#2030402 - 07/29/15 01:29 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Ed, in case you were not aware, every time Lance said that, he had his fingers crossed, so it didn't count.

Return to Top
#2030403 - 07/29/15 01:30 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy

I think it is the old "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..."

Return to Top
#2030405 - 07/29/15 01:33 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CBA, Art. 46, § 1(a); id., App. A, ¶ 15. Grants Goodall the ability to discipline players.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030407 - 07/29/15 01:34 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

nope Just relying on what is said by a multimillionaire sports figure is not always true.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030416 - 07/29/15 01:47 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I don't disagree. Nor is everything said by a multi-billion dollar enterprise (NFL) true - shall I start digging up some Enron quotes?

Return to Top
#2030419 - 07/29/15 01:51 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I don't disagree. Nor is everything said by a multi-billion dollar enterprise (NFL) true - shall I start digging up some Enron quotes?

it may be better to quote some of the power companies as they too are "unregulated" monopolies laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030422 - 07/29/15 01:57 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
What is with all these public figures destroying there electronics and then saying it has nothing to do with the fact an investigation was requesting to look at said electronics?

Once that happens no matter how clean you are you now look dirty.

Return to Top
#2030427 - 07/29/15 02:11 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Naah Wolfy.

Not if you're a Superbowl winner with a fan club.

Return to Top
#2030431 - 07/29/15 02:14 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
In today's TMZ fueled media world, I can't blame Brady for destroying a phone that people were vying to get their hands on and that destruction wouldn't have anything to do with football texts. Brady and his lawyers are smart enough to know that the phone destruction would look bad in the court of public opinion. My gut says there was something on that phone that would have been even more reputation damaging than the conclusions drawn. My gut also says that whatever it is, there is a good chance it has nothing to do with footballs.

Return to Top
#2030433 - 07/29/15 02:17 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Why I'm sure I couldn't blame Brady.

Return to Top
#2030435 - 07/29/15 02:20 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
In today's TMZ fueled media world, I can't blame Brady for destroying a phone that people were vying to get their hands on and that destruction wouldn't have anything to do with football texts. Brady and his lawyers are smart enough to know that the phone destruction would look bad in the court of public opinion. My gut says there was something on that phone that would have been even more reputation damaging than the conclusions drawn. My gut also says that whatever it is, there is a good chance it has nothing to do with footballs.

so you are saying that he was cheating but not with a deflated football?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2030439 - 07/29/15 02:23 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Patriot Press Conference happening now on ESPN radio...for those who care.

Return to Top
#2030441 - 07/29/15 02:26 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
what are they saying? We can not stream here.

Return to Top
#2030442 - 07/29/15 02:28 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
To quote Bill...
1. "We are just trying to get the team ready for the season"
2. "That has already been addressed"

Repeat 1 and 2.

Return to Top
Page 19 of 48 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 47 48